Supported Builds:
  • TRS22 & PE Windows - 123801
  • TRS22 & PE Windows Steam - 123799
  • TRS22 & PE Mac - 123792
  • TRS22 & PE Mac Steam - 123797
  • TRS22 Mac App Store - 123798

Last edited:
My database repair is running now.

There's a couple of things to watch out for.

1) If you install via the Launcher, then the Launcher does not close after the patch is updated.
2) When you close the Launcher, it'll reopen again and the DBR will run, but there is no progress bar.

To see the DBR progress, open the log using Show logs by clicking on the Developer menu item on the Launcher.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I updated the previous TLR beta build and it was a tiny download. Still has an invisible DBR after the patch is complete. That is going to trip up more than a few users.

Where does one find this "Show Logs"?
Click on the Developer menu item on the Launcher and click on Show logs.

I updated my original post in case people see that first. Will they read it, is another question yet to be answered.

In the log, I got this message at the bottom:

; <NULL> : Warning: Log display limit has been reached

Clicking on Clear Logs under the Developer menu doesn't clear the log.

I have installed the new build and immediately observed two visual glitches (serious and minor one).

trainz-graphics-glitch.png

At certain distances from the camera (rough measurements: 400 to 600 m) all SpeedTrees blink very quickly and random white lines originate from them. This effect is visible for ALL routes and ALL SpeedTrees, including the built-in ones. NVIDIA GeForce 3070 Ti. Restarting the game does not help. I have just submitted the bug report.

In addition, I noticed that the asset PBR Grass 8 - Seasonal changed appearance in this version. I'm not saying it looks bad, but the visual style is different than it used to be. It used to be similar to PBR Grass 9, and now the contrast is bigger which affects how the routes look like. It looks like some accidentally saved wrong texture in a wrong place. Can it be reverted and released as a separate asset according to DLC policy of not making substantial changes to the existing assets?

Yeah, the twinkling trees were reported for the beta release. N3V seems to think it is related to out of date video drivers. Can you confirm you have the latest drivers installed? If so then it is a genuine bug and not related to the driver.

Thanks for the info. I admit that I did not follow the beta discussions very much, so I was not aware that people have already noticed it. I'll check the drivers tomorrow or later this day and let you know!

On a different note, Philskene's incredible HD versions of Clear Lake Mining and Clear Lake Lumber are working in the retail release now. Hopefully this means he can upload them to the DLS. These two routes are really a showcase of what HD Terrain and PBR textures can do to create ultra realistic scenery.

Clicking on Clear Logs under the Developer menu doesn't clear the log.
I get that often when I'm debugging some script. Its almost like there are a smallish bunch of lines that won't clear. A restart usually clears it.

The phantom DB rebuild caught me out. I tried the rebuild manually and got that odd message you mentioned so I shut down and discovered Trainz was still doing something in the background. I then restarted and tried another DB rebuild which is taking an eternity to run. Oh, it just finished with 331 errors and 99001 warnings. This was my CRG install so the errors and warnings are not a surprise. ;)

I have installed the new build and immediately observed two visual glitches (serious and minor one).

trainz-graphics-glitch.png

At certain distances from the camera (rough measurements: 400 to 600 m) all SpeedTrees blink very quickly and random white lines originate from them. This effect is visible for ALL routes and ALL SpeedTrees, including the built-in ones. NVIDIA GeForce 3070 Ti. Restarting the game does not help. I have just submitted the bug report.

In addition, I noticed that the asset PBR Grass 8 - Seasonal changed appearance in this version. I'm not saying it looks bad, but the visual style is different than it used to be. It used to be similar to PBR Grass 9, and now the contrast is bigger which affects how the routes look like. It looks like some accidentally saved wrong texture in a wrong place. Can it be reverted and released as a separate asset according to DLC policy of not making substantial changes to the existing assets?
I can confirm, the GPU driver update should resolve your speedtree flickering issue. I've made an enquiry regarding using the older PBR Grass 8 texture.

Thanks N3V after the update to 123801 every route on my computer is now stuffed All have Packaged faulty Dependencies making it impossible to run These are your installed games not mine

Patching from 122411 to 123794 took more or less 5 minutes. Then started the "invisible" DBR. 1 hour later it is still running (with 100% CPU usage!)... "Show logs" says it is full and "Clear cache" has no effect.

I just ran the update and now it won't start, says the MSVCP140_Atomic_wait.ddl was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. May fix are you kidding me, come on. Now what do I do, try to reinstall are can you send me the ddl. and tell me where it goes.

DBR lasted for 2½ hours - surely was an EEDBR (Extra Extended DBR)!

Note that this update still installs as "TANE"...

Back