Trainz Plus TLR Phase 1 & TRS22 SP3 Update

Well, all I can say is that 123794 is showing on MyTrainz downloads as the "TRAINZ PLUS EDITION"
The reason I say this is because I had Trainz Plus beta build 123315 installed. When I started it up today it automatically asked me if I wanted to update. I said yes and it automatically installed Trainz Plus build 123794.
When I started up my Trainz Plus build 122411 there was no notice of an update. So, I checked for a Trainz update. The message I received is "No update for Trainz is available at the current time". My conclusion is that build 123794 is still a beta version.

The reason I say this is because I had Trainz Plus beta build 123315 installed. When I started it up today it automatically asked me if I wanted to update. I said yes and it automatically installed Trainz Plus build 123794.
When I started up my Trainz Plus build 122411 there was no notice of an update. So, I checked for a Trainz update. The message I received is "No update for Trainz is available at the current time". My conclusion is that build 123794 is still a beta version.
I'm not sure what is going on with your setup but both my beta build 123315 and my stable build 122411 asked if I wanted to update. My Stream on the stable build is set to Trainz Plus. The beta update was quick while the stable version took about 20 minutes to download, install and run a DBR.

That was relatively quick and easy. First backuped the existing 122418, you always do that, don't you? Started the update. After the 9.8 GB of installation data, there was a quick payload check and then a 5 minute install. Then after about an hour of DBR, I was ready to resume building my latest route.
First look in the route map, every seems fine. Now to find if there are any interesting things hiding.
It still says Trainz22PE, now at build 123801

I have yet to be able to test anything due to a messed-up database with lots of missing dependencies related to DLC. With a current backup in hand, I updated only to find my install was stuffed when I checked things the next day after letting the EDBR run all night. My heart sank deep into my stomach then dropped to the floor as I saw nearly 4000 missing dependencies mostly related to content that utilized DLC. I think this is a self-inflicted error due to me getting confused after the upgrade when the initial DBR did not occur. Even after updating the DLC manually, I still had missing dependencies but not quite as much.

After faffing and fiddling around and waiting way too much time, I've set up a new data-folder and did a fresh install 123794. After going through the long process of installing all the DLC, I have no missing DLC dependencies and now I can copy over the content-folders from my backup.

Hopefully I can use the new version before another is ready for download.

That was relatively quick and easy. First backuped the existing 122418, you always do that, don't you? Started the update. After the 9.8 GB of installation data, there was a quick payload check and then a 5 minute install. Then after about an hour of DBR, I was ready to resume building my latest route.
First look in the route map, every seems fine. Now to find if there are any interesting things hiding.
It still says Trainz22PE, now at build 123801
If you have a subscription you need the Plus version which is 123794. You have the retail version which is 123801 for both TRS22 and TRS22 PE

I have yet to be able to test anything due to a messed-up database with lots of missing dependencies related to DLC. With a current backup in hand, I updated only to find my install was stuffed when I checked things the next day after letting the EDBR run all night. My heart sank deep into my stomach then dropped to the floor as I saw nearly 4000 missing dependencies mostly related to content that utilized DLC. I think this is a self-inflicted error due to me getting confused after the upgrade when the initial DBR did not occur. Even after updating the DLC manually, I still had missing dependencies but not quite as much.

After faffing and fiddling around and waiting way too much time, I've set up a new data-folder and did a fresh install 123794. After going through the long process of installing all the DLC, I have no missing DLC dependencies and now I can copy over the content-folders from my backup.

Hopefully I can use the new version before another is ready for download.
Wow, that must have taken a lot of time. After a flawless update, I also have thousands of faulty assets with tons of missing dependencies. Are we getting another update to rectify this? I wonder! I do not want to do a complete re-install. As has happened several times in the past few years, was this update released too soon?

Wow, that must have taken a lot of time. After a flawless update, I also have thousands of faulty assets with tons of missing dependencies. Are we getting another update to rectify this? I wonder! I do not want to do a complete re-install. As has happened several times in the past few years, was this update released too soon?
I think the update was released too soon and without notice and typically N3V released the update on a Friday so there's no one including Tony to provide feedback. This is very typical of their old ways and I'm not surprised that they'd fall back to them because that's the easy way out.

The process has taken all day and probably a bit more and now my large 10.5 TB hard disk is highly fragmented and is still defragging now after running all night.

I hope your missing dependencies aren't a sign that what I've done is for naught. I'm hedging my bets that the fresh installation of all the DLC without missing dependencies may solve the problem.

I think the update was released too soon and without notice and typically N3V released the update on a Friday so there's no one including Tony to provide feedback. This is very typical of their old ways and I'm not surprised that they'd fall back to them because that's the easy way out.

The process has taken all day and probably a bit more and now my large 10.5 TB hard disk is highly fragmented and is still defragging now after running all night.

I hope your missing dependencies aren't a sign that what I've done is for naught. I'm hedging my bets that the fresh installation of all the DLC without missing dependencies may solve the problem.
I notice that you have been "trainzing" since 2003. I started in 2004. I still have all the dvd sets with the old versions on my bookshelf. We have come a long way, and like you, I am puzzled that their way of doing things have not evolved.

My experience of this update is a little different from those with missing dependencies and faulty assets. I do not see any of those but when I run a DBR or an EDBR I get a list of 57 "failed to download precached data for package xxx or scxxx", and the route all seem to open OK and all my sessions that I have checked work. Another issue I have seen is with the USA signal status being shown differently on the signal Red (stop 0) and on the track overlay showing yellow. Unfortunately the overlay is the correct status because trains can pass the signals. The only fix I have found is to install the sessions in TRS19 and save to cdp then import them to TRS22 SP3 when they work correctly.

May the Gods of Trainz protect us from premature and questionable updates.

I notice that you have been "trainzing" since 2003. I started in 2004. I still have all the dvd sets with the old versions on my bookshelf. We have come a long way, and like you, I am puzzled that their way of doing things have not evolved.
I still have my boxes with the original CDs and DVDs on my bookshelf as well. Things sure have come a long way but are still sadly the same.

My experience of this update is a little different from those with missing dependencies and faulty assets. I do not see any of those but when I run a DBR or an EDBR I get a list of 57 "failed to download precached data for package xxx or scxxx", and the route all seem to open OK and all my sessions that I have checked work. Another issue I have seen is with the USA signal status being shown differently on the signal Red (stop 0) and on the track overlay showing yellow. Unfortunately the overlay is the correct status because trains can pass the signals. The only fix I have found is to install the sessions in TRS19 and save to cdp then import them to TRS22 SP3 when they work correctly.

May the Gods of Trainz protect us from premature and questionable updates.

The pre-cached issue is nothing to worry about. That has something to do with the server-status not being updated to reflect the current package version. Tony explained this once ages ago.

When you replaced the session and the signals worked, leads me to believe it's related to a caching issue of some kind. By replacing the files, this flushes the data and everything is updated. To test this, open up an existing session that has this issue in the Session editor, move a wagon, and then save. If the issue goes away, then it's a lot easier than CDP'ing sessions and importing them.

When you replaced the session and the signals worked, leads me to believe it's related to a caching issue
Hi John,

I thought of that and moved both consists that were sitting at the faulted signals. No change, I spent a day trying to get the problem fixed within TRS22 SP3 including EDBR (several) and deleting the library cache files, all to no avail so it was in desperation that I resorted to importing the session to TRS19 where it worked perfectly despite the issue in TRS22 SP3. I did not have the problem before the update and I can repeat the problem 100% repeatable of two installs of TRS22 SP3 on separate windows PC's.

Hi John,

I thought of that and moved both consists that were sitting at the faulted signals. No change, I spent a day trying to get the problem fixed within TRS22 SP3 including EDBR (several) and deleting the library cache files, all to no avail so it was in desperation that I resorted to importing the session to TRS19 where it worked perfectly despite the issue in TRS22 SP3. I did not have the problem before the update and I can repeat the problem 100% repeatable of two installs of TRS22 SP3 on separate windows PC's.
Report that as a bug using the Bug Report and not the helpdesk.

I had this issue in T: ANE and reported that back then. AI drivers would drive for about 30 minutes then start sitting at signals. I would pause the session and they'd move again for another half hour before everything got totally wonky. It sounds to me as though this bug has returned and in full force this time without the simple pause and go that should be necessary.

Hi John,

I had the same issue with signals from sessions imported from TRS19, the only solution for me was to bulk update - replace them all with the same signals and save.. that made them working again, it was always the signals at junctions.

The update to build 123801 gave me the tree flickering as mentioned earlier in the thread (I also get that effect on other PBR textures) and major performance drop with particle effects in view.. also some of my sessions have AI drivers now complaining about "no path to destination", these sessions worked fine before the update so I reverted back to a Beta build 122418 and things are working fine again.

Speaking of faulty objects and missing dependencies after an upgrade, out of more than 702,000 items in my CM, 170 are having issues. So I had a closer look at what was actually dependant on them and found that most are not being used at all. They either came along for the ride in routes that have since been deleted or looked interesting at the time but then got ignored. So instead of spending a lot of time chasing around the Internet for obscure sites for missing pieces or trying to fix a poorly constructed config file or badly implemented materials, the Delete button solves the issue.

Speaking of faulty objects and missing dependencies after an upgrade, out of more than 702,000 items in my CM, 170 are having issues. So I had a closer look at what was actually dependant on them and found that most are not being used at all. They either came along for the ride in routes that have since been deleted or looked interesting at the time but then got ignored. So instead of spending a lot of time chasing around the Internet for obscure sites for missing pieces or trying to fix a poorly constructed config file or badly implemented materials, the Delete button solves the issue.
Yes, I indeed thought of deleting over 4000 assets, but thus far have not done it. But the issue for me is really the release of this update and the consequences, and no notifications about possible negative side effects. At least big pharma still does that with drugs!!!

After upgrading I had only 4 faulty assets, all with missing dependencies but all 4 were listed as faulty before the update. So the update did not add any new faults to my installed assets.

After reading Martin's post above I had a look at their dependents and was able to safely delete 2 of them.

Somewhere between build 122411 and the current one (123794) some major unwanted changes occurred. I have at least one route that ran fine in build 122411. In build 123794 trains just come to a stop and wait. Trains ignore track marks and continue on their merry way on the wrong track, and then stop and back up. Two trains following one another in a 5 minute interval behave differently. The first train follows the track marks, the second with the same instruction set ignores the track marks. Try debugging this one!!

How do you re-install build 122411? If you do a complete re-install it goes all the way to build 123794. In my opinion this build is a bit premature and has introduced some bugs.

Back