Trainz Plus TLR Phase 1 & TRS22 SP3 Update

My Mac is now build 123844. It opened up in an old, barely begun and discarded route of mine, and although I have tracked down the route I really was working on in Backups, nobody seems able to tell me how to get this as my working route again. Manage Content cannot "see" this as it is not installed, but hidden in Backup.

Somewhere between build 122411 and the current one (123794) some major unwanted changes occurred. I have at least one route that ran fine in build 122411. In build 123794 trains just come to a stop and wait. Trains ignore track marks and continue on their merry way on the wrong track, and then stop and back up. Two trains following one another in a 5 minute interval behave differently. The first train follows the track marks, the second with the same instruction set ignores the track marks. Try debugging this one!!

How do you re-install build 122411? If you do a complete re-install it goes all the way to build 123794. In my opinion this build is a bit premature and has introduced some bugs.

You can reinstall the old version and reconnect to your database, a backup first is more than highly recommended before you do this.

The only content you won't be able to open will be routes or sessions you saved in the new version.

Before you go through this process, try cloning a copy of your session that isn't working properly and saving it in the new version. This will sometimes help with this situation, if not then it's an old bug that has come to the surface again that I reported way back in T: ANE.

I have an update to my saga...

After 3-days of restoring my install, replacing and deleting content that had missing dependencies or were faulty and really, really old and not used in ages, I finally tried the new update.

I noticed that the program is faster, the computer runs cooler and nothing is amiss. To test Driver I ran my complex Gloucester Terminal Electric route with lots of light rail trams running all over the place and the session worked fine.

I did see something off but I'm not sure if this was always the case. Stations don't disgorge passengers when the passenger-enabled trams pull into them. I'm not sure if the trams are bad and always were or this is a bug. I need to investigate further. Other than that, Surveyor works fine with track bending the way it should, signals attaching to tracks and everything else going as planned.

I have an update to my saga...

After 3-days of restoring my install, replacing and deleting content that had missing dependencies or were faulty and really, really old and not used in ages, I finally tried the new update.

I noticed that the program is faster, the computer runs cooler and nothing is amiss. To test Driver I ran my complex Gloucester Terminal Electric route with lots of light rail trams running all over the place and the session worked fine.

I did see something off but I'm not sure if this was always the case. Stations don't disgorge passengers when the passenger-enabled trams pull into them. I'm not sure if the trams are bad and always were or this is a bug. I need to investigate further. Other than that, Surveyor works fine with track bending the way it should, signals attaching to tracks and everything else going as planned.

Boy I'm having a bad day.

First Win 10 restart ran into a program called "Sprig Electron View". This does not appear to be malware. ELECTRON is part of Microsoft Edge I believe.

I was restarting WIN 10 because I was having trouble logging into version 123794 TRS22 this evening despite having successfully DL'd for several days since updating using my 4TB TARDIS database. Incidentally, it took 3.5 days to complete DBR. Don't your fingers itch with impatience when it takes so long. I appreciate it's a very large userdata folder, but previous DBR's had been quite quick.

It said login succeeded but not authorised.
Now it is back and I can get into Trainz after switching to another userdata folder that I originally had 123784 pointing to.

Went shopping today. Walked 3km on gout ridden legs.
I'm too tired to do anything more tonight. Way past my bedtime. I'll try and resolve this hiatus tomorrow.

Has anyone had a run in with this "sprig electron view" programme? May not be related to my Trainz issues and just coincidence.

@ianwoodmore - Sprig Electron View is a software application that is used to create and manage web applications. It is not related to the Edge browser. It is not malware either. It is a legitimate application that is used by developers to create web applications. Probably a coincidence and not related to Trainz.

Boy I'm having a bad day.

First Win 10 restart ran into a program called "Sprig Electron View". This does not appear to be malware. ELECTRON is part of Microsoft Edge I believe.

I was restarting WIN 10 because I was having trouble logging into version 123794 TRS22 this evening despite having successfully DL'd for several days since updating using my 4TB TARDIS database. Incidentally, it took 3.5 days to complete DBR. Don't your fingers itch with impatience when it takes so long. I appreciate it's a very large userdata folder, but previous DBR's had been quite quick.

It said login succeeded but not authorised.
Now it is back and I can get into Trainz after switching to another userdata folder that I originally had 123784 pointing to.

Went shopping today. Walked 3km on gout ridden legs.
I'm too tired to do anything more tonight. Way past my bedtime. I'll try and resolve this hiatus tomorrow.

Has anyone had a run in with this "sprig electron view" programme? May not be related to my Trainz issues and just coincidence.
Well, that sounds like fun. I finally got myself up and running and had a go of it. I went to do some driving last night and found the driversetup.gs script was faulty! I ran an overnight DBR. It probably didn't take that long but I went to bed and let it run overnight. This morning the script is still bad and I'm running an EDR now.

Why did that go bad?

I did nothing out of the ordinary than what of done in the past.

Decided to upgrade to Trainz+ on Steam. The Clutter 2.0 seems to perform better than the original, esp when you zoom in on it, but the HD terrain does not perform equal to the 5m terrain, I lose about 20-30fps with stuttering when I try upgrading even a medium-sized route. Overall though, I quite like it.

Last edited:
Decided to upgrade to Trainz+ on Steam. The Clutter 2.0 seems to perform better than the original, esp when you zoom in on it, but the HD terrain does not perform equal to the 5m terrain, I lose about 20-30fps with stuttering when I try upgrading even a medium-sized route. Overall though, I quite like it.
HD Terrain really sucks the power out of the video card and CPU. I noticed a big drop in performance when I tried it.

HD Terrain really sucks the power out of the video card and CPU. I noticed a big drop in performance when I tried it.
I agree. At this moment I am not in a financial position to upgrade my graphics card or CPU. So it is back to 5m. HD is nice, but not at a price I can afford. Too bad, so sad!

I agree. At this moment I am not in a financial position to upgrade my graphics card or CPU. So it is back to 5m. HD is nice, but not at a price I can afford. Too bad, so sad!
Given the cost of components these days, I don't think anyone can afford to upgrade.

well.. I'm one of the lucky ones. I just upgraded to a Geforce RTX-4070 and a better cpu about 2 weeks ago. But I'd been planning that since the original low budget build I did just so I could run '19 pre-release.

Back