Trainz Plus TLR Phase 1 & TRS22 SP3 Update

An Observation:
I was running (as my "test" install) PLUS BETA 123315 which was the 10.6.23 update. If I understand and interpret things correctly, Trainz Plus update stream AND Trainz Plus Beta update stream are BOTH now 123794.

I see in "MyTrainz" downloads that 123794 is now the Trains Plus Retail install so it must be considered "stable" by N3V?? I am still currently running 122411 as my stable Plus Retail install.

For those with the missing DLL: it must have the exact name "msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll" and be copied in "C:\Windows\System32" and "C:\Windows\SysWOW64", not in TRS22 folder (it is different from "msvcp140.dll"). You may have to manually register it; if so follow this guide.

Last edited:
I just ran the update and now it won't start, says the MSVCP140_Atomic_wait.ddl was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. May fix are you kidding me, come on. Now what do I do, try to reinstall are can you send me the ddl. and tell me where it goes.
The name of this file suggest that it's a part of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, a package from Microsoft that needs to be installed on your computer (in proper version) in order to run many programs, not only Trainz. Try to download the newest version from Microsoft website and simply reinstall it.

Edit: oops, I missed the third page of replies :)

Before I risk destroying my install of Trains TZ 2022+ - What is the best procedure for first determining that a download of a C++ updated item is needed? If it is needed, what is the process for safely installing it?

I am assuming that if it is not installed, some app will go groping around looking for it and causing grief. I get very nervous when I see the word Atomic in a label name.

Then there is the Extend Repair of the database. This runs for several minutes at 100% CPU. Major risk.
Is there some way to scale-back the PC timing to protect my multi-hundred$$ CPU?

An Observation:
I was running (as my "test" install) PLUS BETA 123315 which was the 10.6.23 update. If I understand and interpret things correctly, Trainz Plus update stream AND Trainz Plus Beta update stream are BOTH now 123794.

I see in "MyTrainz" downloads that 123794 is now the Trains Plus Retail install so it must be considered "stable" by N3V?? I am still currently running 122411 as my stable Plus Retail install.
I don't think so. If this were this case when you started 122411 it would have prompted to update to 123794. Mine did not so I am assuming that build 123794 is just another beta version.

I have been testing build 123794 and have run into a problem. I have a route that runs OK in build 122411, but not so in build 123794. The problem appears to be that additional track marks are required in build 123794, otherwise the trains gets lost and reverses direction. The issue seems to be that a trailing train cannot see "through" a preceding train to see its next track mark. I am having to add quite a few additional track marks to make the route perform the same as it did in build 122411. Anyone else seeing this issue?

@boleyd - The vast majority of us have had absolutely NO problems with this update.
Mine was an ~83Mb patch from the recent TPlus Beta build and completed within a couple of minutes, including the 'silent' DBR.
Everything in build 123794 is running well and correctly - performance is way better than the beta version running before with its assertion messages, unpre-cached assets and shaders and generally unoptimised performance.
Looking at this thread above, those who did encounter difficulties had other issues with their OS or GPU driver updates.
Before ANY update, make sure that your current version/ build of Trainz is running correctly and is fully backed up to another internal or external drive (so you can revert to it in the event of an exceedingly rare patch disaster).
Make sure your operating system is fully up-to-date and that you're running the latest drivers for your rig's components.
Make sure you have a properly cooled CPU/ system that can tolerate short bouts of 100% CPU utilisation. (It has thermal throttling built-in in the event that it exceeds tolerances/ temperature thresholds, so will protect itself by design). Good cooling is a MUST for running Trainz Railroad Simulator!
This new build/ patch will likely put less demands on your system to run Trainz well.

I don't think so. If this were this case when you started 122411 it would have prompted to update to 123794. Mine did not so I am assuming that build 123794 is just another beta version.
Well, all I can say is that 123794 is showing on MyTrainz downloads as the "TRAINZ PLUS EDITION"

Update to build 123794 went smoothly! No problems! Maybe this is a dumb question: is the set-up for TLR only possible in Surveyor 2.0? I cannot find the option "select Session Options".

@deighton - (No such thing as a dumb question when it comes to Trainz! )
TLR Phase 1 is available using Classic Surveyor as well as Surveyor 2.0 in Trainz Plus. It is working well at present on my T+ rig updated today - also without error - to 123794.

Last edited:
Update to build 123794 went smoothly! No problems! Maybe this is a dumb question: is the set-up for TLR only possible in Surveyor 2.0? I cannot find the option "select Session Options".
It's on the in game "Windows" menu. The icon at the top of game windown next to the quesiton mark. Select "Session Options" and "Living Railoard Dispatch to "enabled."

It's on the in game "Windows" menu. The icon at the top of game windown next to the quesiton mark. Select "Session Options" and "Living Railoard Dispatch to "enabled."
The window menu only shows "minimise all windows", "minimie, maximise and mini map. That's all.

The window menu only shows "minimise all windows", "minimie, maximise and mini map. That's all.
It's not the operating system "Windows" we're talking about. It's in the game window on top left. You have the 3 bar icon, the Edit menu, the Tools menu, etc. The 'windows' menu is the next to last one next to the question mark. Of course, this assumes you have a correct version of trains that supports TLR.

I just checked - it seems that TLR is available only to TPlus users, and is accessed via the Windows Menu in Edit Session mode when using Surveyor 2.0.
After setting it up (by assigning drivers to the 'automatic-scheduler' in the Driver Control Center) you can then later edit the session using Classic Surveyor tools if so desired.

dcc.jpg
TPlusMenu.jpg

Last edited:
It's not the operating system "Windows" we're talking about. It's in the game window on top left. You have the 3 bar icon, the Edit menu, the Tools menu, etc. The 'windows' menu is the next to last one next to the question mark. Of course, this assumes you have a correct version of trains that supports TLR.
I know that! I have the right version (123794) and it is supposed to support TLR.

The TLR can only be enabled inside a running session.
THANK You so much for clarifying that! That explains a lot! I have been at this game since the beginning, and I must say that the instructions for using the game leave much to be desired!!!! Thanks again.

Back