Evansville Western RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too long without a screenshot....

swmc_033.jpg

The Evansville Western leases several GP38-2s and GP 40-2s from GATX, in fact these blue and white locos appear near as often as the line's own green Geeps in photos. In this shot GP38-2 GMTX 2128 takes the point on a Mt Vernon local. Once again a splendid skin from Mick (Matruck) on the JointedRail mesh. Great stuff!

Andy ;)

Last edited:
He hasn't thankfully, he's put it on hold until suitaBle desert speed trees are available

Jamie

Long shot to prove that some progress is being made with background texturing and detailing...

swmc_035.jpg

...and a close up of the same train about to cross back to the right-hand track after running wrong-road from Mt Vernon...

swmc_036.jpg

Andy :)

Awesome back ground texturing. i always feel i need to find new ways to fill the back ground rather then the the edge of the base board

Thanks for the comments guys! No background in this one, I am working on a new area and behind the loco is nothing but grey grid and HOG texture LOL...

swmc_037.jpg

Thought you may have been a on a bit of a break mate lol.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

LOL - no! The Tiger data was way out of reg on the DEM which didn't matter much back on the main line, but got me into strife when I realized the main line was way too close to the Ohio River and didn't leave enough room for the return loops at the coal and grain barge transfer facilities. It was either start again or move something, so I have spent the last week basically copy/pasting everything already done about 100 yards north of where it was. Dead boring surveyor grind - probably the most frustrating thing I have ever done in trainz - with no new screenies worth posting. Back on track now though...

Andy ;)

CSX 100 car unit coal train ex W Virginia unloads at the transfer terminal at SWMC. Figuring out exactly where this should go with the Tiger lines out of whack was not the most fun I have ever had in Trainz! I think it's in the right place...

swmc_038.jpg

LOL - no! The Tiger data was way out of reg on the DEM which didn't matter much back on the main line, but got me into strife when I realized the main line was way too close to the Ohio River and didn't leave enough room for the return loops at the coal and grain barge transfer facilities. It was either start again or move something, so I have spent the last week basically copy/pasting everything already done about 100 yards north of where it was. Dead boring surveyor grind - probably the most frustrating thing I have ever done in trainz - with no new screenies worth posting. Back on track now though...

Andy ;)

I admire your patience, Andy. I woulda given up at that point, or shortly after.

Looks like your progressing nicely, problems aside. This route looks interesting; scouted it out in GE, should be fun to run.

Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back