Trainz Plus 116912 ready for testing

Been away camping to deploy acoustic recorders for a native bat survey we're conducting in a nearby mountain range for the last couple of days so it was great to come back to see this patch availability and impressive change-list.
Installation of the latest Trainz+ build 116912 succeeded without too many issues.
Surprised to see patch size of 6.6Gb, but fortunately this took just a couple minutes due to download at speeds up to 53MB/s - best figures I've seen so far from N3V servers - but took longer to install (Presume this is for the new German route?)
As this is a beta-build, I pre-cached assets using the prebuild command in TrainzUtil.exe. This took a further 4 minutes and 30 seconds, the longest duration ever on this, my least-capable machine, about the same as the EDBR mentioned earlier, and again presumably due to the addition of the new German route.
All my settings preferences have been retained.
A few new 'faulties' appeared in Content Manager when I ran a Faulty test. Most appear to be in existing (legacy) packages like ECML and C&O Hinton Division and will likely disappear once I actually start running the patched simulator for the first time tonight.
Edit update: Yes, those ' expected phantom faulties' disappeared when I restarted after a QDBR.
My first impressions of the new Schwaninger Land route/ sessions very favourable:- Smooth and delightfully detailed. Few problems with moirés due to the track choice and on one of the 'Quick Drive' sessions EMUs there's a peculiarly muffled track sound.
Overall, a very satisfactory patch experience. Thank you!

5. Switchblades still missing (here "Beloreck - South Ural Mountains", anywhere on the route).
>>
Can you confirm if you are running in "Maximum performance" mode? If so, change to Max Compatibility mode.

If you mean "Maximise compatibility" in Trainz Settings/Dev tab, I have always played in this mode.

The route installed is <kuid2:661281:200040:7> Schwaninger Land

Installed an hour ago: it is <kuid2:661281:200040:8>.

Does anyone else have these two items missing?
<kuid:175455:101307> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Engine House
<kuid:175455:101309> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Gen Warehouse

Not missing for me. CM says both are from sc444.tzarc (Coal Country) but they are also used in C&O Hinton Division and various payware routes from JR.

Thanks for the updates.
if it was installed as TANE it will remain that way until reinstalled with the new installer.
There’s a new SL package being built. Hopefully that will address these issues.

I am wondering where is the Mac version? I am plus member and my Plus beta stream does not see the latest update. Still version 116493 here.

I also have the issue of pinned Scrapbooks becoming unpinned on the next reload. Some do and some don't. Haven't found the pattern yet.

I think this issue has been resolved in build 116912. What I did find was when I first opened up a route in the new build some of the Scrapbook pages I thought were saved from the previous build were not. I re-pinned all of these. The next time I opened any route in build 116912 they were all saved.

Installed 116912 yesterday 24hr ago. I am still in DB repair mode. Notice the discrepancy of the assets checked vs assets installed! What's up with that?
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

John

Last edited:
Playing DBR simulator is not fun
here some info (for as far as I know) correct if it is wrong

the first number you see, is the number it is checking atm.
the 2nd number is the total amount of content this Trainz version knows
so is: base +built-in +DLCassets +DLSassets(installed and not-installed) +modified(source elsewhere + your own)
it is different for all of us
I repeat, it is what it KNOWS, not what is actually installed

a DataBaseRebuild is only needed when:
-you installed an update
-when you crashed the game
-restore backups
-you removed items wrong
e.g. you removed a route but did not remove the sessions

the Speed is determined by:
-your CPU and memory
-the quantity of content installed (less is faster)
-the size of all assets on your HD
-the speed of the drive, where your Local folder is placed
m2.SSD=fastest, SSD=medium, spinning HD=slowest

Last edited:
And what about the smoke?

Caused by PhysX, turning it off solves the problem, you still get smoke, it's been an issue ever since TANE where objects in close proximity such as buildings over the track, trees, telegraph and power lines and such to a smoke emitter, bounce the smoke away from where it should be.

Ive noticed a problem with the cameras in this build. If you are watching an AI train on 'lineside' cameras, if the two cameras are slightly too far apart, in all builds up to now the 'chase' camera would cut in but with this build it moves to another camera miles away.
I will put in a bug report.

Caused by PhysX, turning it off solves the problem, you still get smoke, it's been an issue ever since TANE where objects in close proximity such as buildings over the track, trees, telegraph and power lines and such to a smoke emitter, bounce the smoke away from where it should be.
It turns out that since the time of TANE this has not been corrected?

Ive noticed a problem with the cameras in this build. If you are watching an AI train on 'lineside' cameras, if the two cameras are slightly too far apart, in all builds up to now the 'chase' camera would cut in but with this build it moves to another camera miles away.
I will put in a bug report.

I've noticed the same thing, just got a wonderful view of the edge of the board several miles away from the route! Bug report submitted.

It turns out that since the time of TANE this has not been corrected?

Not fully it was a lot worse originally, where anything near the track could affect it, now it seems to just be anything over the track or very close to it presumably with a collision box in range?

Back