Trainz Plus Beta update - PC Only 121880

In Trainz Plus build 119450 S20 you edited an objects name by opening its Context Menu and selecting Edit Properties.

In Trainz Plus (beta version) S20 you edit an objects name in the Info Palette, which is much easier than the above method.

It would be even better if you could also open the objects properties window via the Info Palette as well so that you could access any other properties it may have.

Last edited:
I did a clean install of the Trainz Plus Alpha 121880 into another N3V folder named Alpha so I could still use my Build 119450 to be able to continue my existing Map work.

The fresh install was fast and smooth.
Started testing the 121880 and I was very pleased to see a very smooth fps in all my Custom Maps.
Great work N3V as now this alpha is showing a lot of performance improvements.

I will never be able to use the awesome HD options in my custom Map that I made over the last many years as it goes beyond the .cdp file limit when converted to HD. The .cdp save limit is only 999mb, and my Map at the standard classic is 855mb and when saved to a .cdp the .cdp is at 254mb compressed, and the DLS will still accept it as it is below the 512mb limit.

All in all I will be using the new alpha HD in a new Map design at a much smaller map size, if I live long enough to do one, LoL.
Cheers to all, & N3V!:)

In Trainz Plus build 119450 S20 you edited an objects name by opening its Context Menu and selecting Edit Properties.

In Trainz Plus (beta version) S20 you edit an objects name in the Info Palette, which is much easier than the above method.

It would be even better if you could also open the objects properties window via the Info Palette as well so that you could access any other properties it may have.

That's confusing!

I agree with you. It would be better if we could open the properties as we do other assets. There is an option on the properties page that says Display Legacy View-Details Window but clicking on that for a track-mark does nothing.

I have a question about HD Terrain. I read that it introduces a new effect type and the water effect gets a new option to configure the color. It looks like effect layers are being used for more and more things. Yet, there is this data binding size limit that restricts the number of available effects. From my experience, it looks like you can have no more than 3-4 effects with reasonable density/resolution in the current limit, for everything else one needs to find creative ways to fit them on the route. I'm worried that new effect types will make it even harder. Also, the existing routes which already hit the limit with grass and clutter effects, may not be able to fit additional effects to make an efficient use of HD Terrain.

Is it actually technically possible to increase this data binding limit slightly? Or maybe it has been increased in the alpha/beta builds?

Is it actually technically possible to increase this data binding limit slightly? Or maybe it has been increased in the alpha/beta builds?

The data binding limit has already been increased for the alpha & beta builds, and should not be a concern for route upgrade to HD Grid.

3-4 effects with reasonable density/resolution
>>
This is the key factor. Work out which effects need the extra accuracy. e.g. use a grass layer with low accuracy away from the tracks, and a different higher accuracy grass option near the track, and use it more sparingly.

Thanks for both the answers! Tony, I fully agree and this is what I'm doing. Over time, I developed a nice setup for grass+clutter+water that works for me (texture filters introduced in TRS22 turned out to be very useful), and I was just a bit worried that I might have redesign my setup from scratch and re-paint the route. But after reading n3v_laurence's answer I see that it won't be a concern, because the extra space will allow me simply adding a new effect type.

Back