Evansville Western RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The power pole and transformer in post #1 the fourth pic. I've been looking for a power line pole or transformer.

Eurostar's Utility poles is the power lines which include the transformer on the end pole. The transformer is also available as a stand-alone asset here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

EVWR SD60 on the JR model from Matruck - thanks mate!

swmc_015.jpg

swmc_016.jpg

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Needs stop lines, but can somebody let me know what the deal is in the USA with 'STOP' painted on the road? Is it something at all/some/none grade crossings? And if it's 'some' what's the deciding factor....

swmc_018.jpg

Andy ;)

Hey Andy!

Would you be interested in having a CMTM script for that route?
If so, feel free to contact me.

:)

Would you be interested in having a CMTM script for that route?

I've been following the development of Dap's application with real interest and have been toying with the idea of a CMTM session myself - this route would be ideal, specially when Mt Vernon gets added with lots of carload switching....

swmc_020.jpg

Andy

Needs stop lines, but can somebody let me know what the deal is in the USA with 'STOP' painted on the road? Is it something at all/some/none grade crossings? And if it's 'some' what's the deciding factor....
Andy ;)

I've actually never seen it at any crossings in California. Nor have I seen it at any of the Google Earth crossings that I've looked at. Did you see it some place or what? In fact most of the crossings around this area don't even have the RXR on the road. Those are usually only where major highways cross a track.
Oh and nice work on the route.

Last edited:
Great work Dremmy, it looks great so far.

@BNSF50-Most all roads around this part of Virginia have the RXR on the road before the crossings. I have never seen the STOP on the road.

Paul

Yes I think you're right about the RxR, Ive been in this small town to long.:D But I've never seen the Stop on any crossing.

Thanks for the info - there's no 'STOP'ing you lot...

swmc_021.jpg

Andy :)

EDIT: I just noticed that tree over the second loco - surely that's not an alpha issue behind the power lines? Or possibly it is just a speed tree LOD thing dropping thin branches? Either way kinda kills the screenie once you spot it :(

Last edited:
Can I ask, what is the tree detail on in your settings?? It may be that

EDIT: I think the stop symbol may be an older thing. I think I've seen photos with it like that in the 40-50's

Jamie

H222, standard issue with the transition from 1 LOD to the next.
There are steps to somewhat mask the issue, but the settings are more time consuming then the results are worth.

Somebody needs to notify the power company that they have a tree branch in there lines. They'll send someone out post haste to remove it.:hehe:

As to the stop at the crossings Dermmy. Some crossing do have a white line panted on the pavement and a sign with an arrow pointing to it posted that says stop here on red. I made some signs like that, there kuid numbers are 39134:101260 & 101261

swmc_023.jpg

Evansville Western HPH1-15 (Empty Coal Evansville to Pattiki Mine) passes the western end of SWMC wye behind 3 SD40-2s and a pair of GP38-2s...​

Andy :)

This just gets better and better Andy! I am impressed with the detail and effort to make this route a gorgeous piece of art work. I can't wait to see more of this amazing route still in construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back