Evansville Western RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
swmc_048.jpg

swmc_050.jpg

Like socalwb, i've been a little late to jump on the bandwagon (though i've certainly been watching this) and i have to say this is shaping up to be an amazing route. great scenery, plausible freelancing, and the track if first rate. I gotta ask about that, though: what track is that? it looks great for an older, shortline/regional style line (or, more to my tastes, a transition-era route).

Great work as always!

Track in the early screenshots is JR freeware which is beautiful track but there is no 'rusty' versions and it did slow my comp a bit.

Later shots use a European track which is not quite right for US prototype, but it comes in lots of ballast, sleeper and rail variations. Most importantly it has a lo-res lo-poly variant which has very little impact on performance -watch out for the (very) high res versions though which definitely chew up performance! Have a look here...

Andy

Later shots use a European track which is not quite right for US prototype, but it comes in lots of ballast, sleeper and rail variations. Most importantly it has a lo-res lo-poly variant which has very little impact on performance -watch out for the (very) high res versions though which definitely chew up performance! Have a look here...

Andy

Thanks, Andy! That site has some GREAT stuff!! I've never seen it before today!

---Scott

Does Evansville to Indianapolis?

NKP

Not sure I understand...

CSX runs Evansville - Indianapolis on the old CR line but my version of the route won't! The plan is Mt Vernon - Evansville in three stages: SWMC; SWMC + Mt Vernon; then east to E'ville.

But then Indianapolis is only another 100 or so miles ........ hmmmmmmmmmm ......... no chance LOL

A fourth stage headed farther west at least as far as Pattiki Mine is not impossible though, EVWR runs unit trains Pattiki > SWMC.....

Andy ;)

Awesome Work Andy, You would have to be one of the best Scratch builder's around when it come's to putting these Scene's together.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Awesome Work Andy, You would have to be one of the best Scratch builder's around when it come's to putting these Scene's together.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

fully agree on that one Mick,
Thats some fine 'kit-bashing' Andy,I was kind of warming on modeling in native mode but your screens have lit a fire under me a***:hehe: .
Stunning route building & stunning screens!!

Andrew

Thanks Guys ;)

Tonny the wharf is 'Wharf Concrete' 38408:27001, built-in TS10 content or DLS here.

Andy...

Last edited:
Actually Evansville to Indianapolis is something like 186 miles. Indiana Southern Railroad would be the road that run`s up to Indianapolis ex CR. Great shots Andy.

LOL the three tracks are just too wide for the ATLS traffic stopper. It works OK most of the time, but that's not the first car to get cleaned up at that crossing! The road there is a loop and the traffic density is way too high, I have since replaced that bit of road with a no-traffic clone...

Andy ;)

Looks good!

Adding another stopper would help to fix it, just making sure that they are close enough to each other or have a close spline point that would prevent cars from becoming stuck between the two..... the result will be a few people that may try to beat the train from time to time, instead of standing there to get broad-sided like in the picture :hehe:

keep up the wonderful work :wave:

I don't know how you do it, but you do it again and again. Amazing work, the kitbashing in the last 2 shots are awesome. I think this will be my new favorite route...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back