Trainz Plus 116912 ready for testing

Still Trainz 22 is laggy and buggy

Guys, I have Nvidia GTX 1080Ti but still the game is not smooth and very lagging some times. The developers need to fix that first!

S2.0 improvement suggestion: can we make "Settle on ground" the default behavior for splines and tracks, or at least have the ability to choose which one is the default? I'm working on a hilly part of the route right now, and it's quite annoying when every spline keeps hiding under the ground or levitates. Even making a road or placing some plant splines becomes a challenge.

Maybe its just me but the new Surveyor compass just doesn't "do it" for me any more.

Old S20 CompassNew S20 Compass
Compas-S20-Old.png
Compas-S20-New.png
This had "style", a sense of "authority", that it knew where "it was" and where "it was going".This says "I was designed by a committee who had never been to an Art Class and had never used a colour palette with anything other than the 3 primary colours". Its the toy compass you used get in a cereal box. This is progress???? Yuk!

My opinions. But I should add that I failed the Art course in my final year of school but went onto a successful career in Science and Computer Education.

Hi pware,

It all comes down to N3V imposing changes which they think
a) needed
b) requested (usually by a minority)

The keyword here is ... imposing.

Similar with default grid settings and the horrible grass textures.

Changes are fine, but give users the ability to choose their preferred default settings. I'm sure things like grid, compass etc could be included in the Trainz Settings/Interface Settings.

You can't please everyone all of the time, but you can sure please more people by giving them choices.

Personally I never use the compass, it just gets in the way.

John

Guys, I have Nvidia GTX 1080Ti but still the game is not smooth and very lagging some times. The developers need to fix that first!

Hmm, GTX 1080Ti here and here it is very definitely not laggy and is very smooth was running tests on routes for around three hours last night and everything apart from the camera issue seems fine as far as my routes are concerned, I might add my routes are heavy on GPU which would make any issues somewhat obvious. If you have PhysX enabled try disabling it as that has caused issues in the past.

1) When switching between Classic Surveyor and S2.0, Error Loading message appears in S2.0. Nothing is found in the log and the process is completed.

2) When adding in a spline point to track or roads in Classic Surveyor, there's an error message about the spline segment being too short. The spline point is added even though there's the error message.

@pware, ofc. just a matter of taste, would be cool if we could choose (since both assets are already made)
not sure the best artists ever finished an Art Course, just be happy and proud of who you are :)

@John tried many switches between S1 and S2, sofar steady here, could be way different on a big route

Had a weird thing with adding baseboards
-baseboard 1 where you see the compass, used grid region, so we get the grid
-added a 2nd baseboard, with other region, the green carpet on the left
-added another baseboard again with grid region (top of pic)

as you can see, the texture gridfill is not exact the same as the baseboards
not sure how to bug report this, the pic shows it

Something has changed with the function TrackSearch, can't get exact what but like it is set at a shorter distance
needs more study, hope it's not a timeout issue

VE267: setcond.gs(1605) : function SetCameraAngle is obsolete in object World.
if i go to world.gs, it is a normal function (not obsolete)

Last edited:

Same here also the GTX1080 Ti .
Since this last update to 116912 it is very Choppy in Surveyor Roaming mode, also in Driver severe fps hitches when un-paused on any Test map that I have several Animated insects on,
I remove the Insects and it is ok, seems to not be caching the extra Insect's assets correctly.
When Paused it is very smooth in the roaming mode.

Also the Surveyor menu, where you choose your routes, and sessions from is very lagged when scrolling back and forth, seems to have a caching stream issue.

The other Trainz build 116492 is very smooth in the menu and the test Maps, until I updated to this new build 116912.
I did remover the 116492 clean uninstall 2 times and then re-installed and then updated to the 116912 and back to the poor fps again.
I hope that they will finally find this issue. Others are not reporting this as they probably have a better Video Card.
I did mange to get a Bug Report in with the affecting assets, but these assets should not be affecting the Menu lags
Cheers.

Last edited:
If you mean "Maximise compatibility" in Trainz Settings/Dev tab, I have always played in this mode.
Hi all!
This is not a mistake at all. This is how it should be in route editor mode. The moving parts of the arrow will appear in the session.

@John tried many switches between S1 and S2, sofar steady here, could be way different on a big route

It could be the route size. This is quite large about 305 km / 190 Mi end to end. It takes about 8 or 9 hours to drive properly. When I test things, I like to make them glow. :)

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that all the cars have disappeared from the roads on my maps. I don't know if it's related to the last update of TRAINZ+ or TRS22.
Thanks for your help.

Assuming surveyor or driver isn't paused, might need to enable traffic again under Edit Environment > location.

Beside it being ON, also the roads/splines needs to allow it in the config (e.g. carrate 3)
and you need a Region asset that has cars

The bug I posted earlier of textures not gets placed at the right spot, I also found with scrapbook
like it is moved in both directions

Hi G.M.,

The only thing I haven't checked is the region. You were right, the region had changed to "default" (I didn't make this change!), so I put back "France" and, miraculously (or not!), the cars came back.

Hi G.M.,

The only thing I haven't checked is the region. You were right, the region had changed to "default" (I didn't make this change!), so I put back "France" and, miraculously (or not!), the cars came back.

Hmm... Must check my routes that appear to be too quiet now.

TRS22 - 116912

In regards to the “clugginess/Lag”

I was having this problem also.

I decided to make a change one at a time in the Trainz settings.

I changed the sync from full, to half sync, and this had immediate improvement in reducing the lag.

That was yesterday though. Hoping when I get back to trs22 today that the issue continues to be resolved.

Russell

Last edited:
Trainz Plus 116493 to Trainz Plus Beta 116931 (Mac)
Hi, I can not install the patch. On a used 116493 installation, the patch program itself crashes repeatedly. On a fresh 116493, the patch program gives an error message "Unable to copy installation data to target disk (path in use)". Is there something I can try before I issue a bug report?
MacBook Pro M1 Max, Monterey 12.3

Hi, I can not install the patch. On a used 116493 installation, the patch program itself crashes repeatedly. On a fresh 116493, the patch program gives an error message "Unable to copy installation data to target disk (path in use)". Is there something I can try before I issue a bug report?
MacBook Pro M1 Max, Monterey 12.3
I can confirm the patch programme itself crashing repeatedly, and now (after upgrading to macOS 12.3) the "Unable to copy..." error message. Running a MBP M1 Pro.

Back