TRS19 SP5 Official Release

I installed the patch yesterday and had a few weird problems. I most likely somehow messed up. the build is 116678. I have everything working on my route now, thank goodness. I cannot get Lilb's 50 ton AAR Flatcar CN and CP to show up in the sim. It says built-in, missing deps, payware. I cannot get the ones from JR to work as the say obsolete. I commissioned the CN, CP boxcars, CN hoppers and these flatcars some time ago. They all had problems after the install, but I managed to get the boxcars and hoppers working. I THINK I could get the flatcars working but I'm guessing since they are now showing as payware, it will not allow me to make the changes in the config file. It was a real let down when I discovered the doors were no longer working on the boxcars. I don't like the fact that something I had paid to have built is no longer available to me. I cannot see the flatcars in the DLS and have no idea where else to look. If for some reason they are payware, I would pay to get them back. I believe the are the best CNR and CP flatcars. If you could tell me how to fix this problem that would be great! Thanks

Cheers .... Rick

I installed the update last night, and of course it did a lengthy DBR, after which I have a LOT of missings this morning. But here is an odd one:
These three assets:
<kuid:45203:100637> DL531 BHP Iron Ore
<kuid:45203:100639> DL531 Robe Iron Ore
<kuid:107727:1200867753> Loram Rail Grinder Motor Car
All have missing dependencies, BECAUSE, they include <kuid:-13:136> dl531, which is missing dependencies. HOWEVER, when I list dependencies for <kuid:-13:136> dl531 It does not list anything missing.
It lists these dependencies:
<kuid:-25:446> dl531_tuscan_bogey_front
<kuid:-25:982> ALCo 251B Enginesound
<kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH
<kuid:-25:996> ALCo Hornsound
<kuid:-25:43> dl531 (lists as a train component, no description)

In these cases, I usually edit the config.txt file to see what asset might be missing. Horn, bogey engine sound, etc. However, when I edit the config.txt file for <kuid:-13:136> dl531 It does not list ANY of those assets. It lists these:
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004224>
enginesound <kuid:-1:42003001>
hornsound <kuid:-1:42003103>
kuid-table
{
0 <kuid:-1:42004224>
1 <kuid:-1:42003001>
2 <kuid:-1:42003103>
3 <kuid:-1:100724>
4 <kuid:-1:101211>
}
Ummm, so now what?

EDIT: By the way, I have about 45 assets all installed from DLS, all saying missing dependencies, but not listing anything missing.
Ummm, so now what?

EDIT EDIT: It is not because of a 22 database, I do not have 22.

Last edited:
I suspect the assets have been removed from the DLS (perhaps faulty, perhaps some other violation of terms etc).
The -1 assets are from version 1.3. The -25 versions are from later Trainz builds. The older versions do not know about the newer versions.

Checking <kuid:-13:136> dl531 here it does list these deps:
<kuid:-1:100724> dl531_tuscan_bogey_front
<kuid:-1:42004224> dl531
<kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd

Installing results in these newer versions being installed.
<kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH
<kuid:-25:43> dl531
<kuid:-25:446> dl531_tuscan_bogey_front

UPDATE:
We will be releasing an update to SP5 to resolve the localisation issue.

This hotfix update will also reintroduce the AA settings option. Please note that this will also reintroduce certain visual bugs such as opaque windscreens in certain assets.

Regarding Trainz Plus, I'd like to clear up some confusion.

Trainz Plus features are available in Trainz Plus builds (which is the latest version of Trainz). These features may be available in other builds from time to time, but only the latest "official" Trainz Plus build guarantees to support all the Trainz Plus features.

In other words, we do not guarantee support for Trainz Plus features in retail Trainz builds (Steam or Trainz Store).

Please install the current Trainz Plus build in order to access Trainz Plus features (which you can download Trainz Plus from your MyTrainz account).

Remember you can also keep older builds installed if you wish, but again, we only support the latest version (which in theory is the most stable).

Regarding the TRS22 "early access" content released to Trainz Plus members, these routes have recently have been updated for TRS22. Since TRS22 has additional new content this means that the latest TRS22 route updates are no longer compatible with TRS19. You require either Trainz Plus (or TRS22) to access these routes.

TRS2019 SP 5, trains crash and derail when using the AI, and at times with manual control, when coupling and with run around. Never had this problem in any version of Trainz. Made the mistake of trusting the developer. This version is not usable for me. Worst update since trainz12.

Does this happen on a built-in route/session? If so please submit a DETAILED bug report here: Trainz Bug Report

why so many bugs are introduced when service packs and new features are introduced.
Complex software, thousands of people creating content, hundreds of thousands of assets being created, unlimited combinations of how these assets are used, supporting content made 20 years ago - all reasons that there are bugs. No software is immune from it. The best way to avoid bugs making it through into a release build is to get involved in the beta testing process.

Last edited:
Is anyone else seeing this in Trainz Plus build 116492?

Original scene from previous Trainz Plus SP5 beta build

Texture-Scene-1a.png

Same scene in Trainz Plus SP5 build 116492

Texture-Scene-2a.png

The textures involved have not been changed and they are not PBR textures (which I steer clear of). These are textures I have been using for years. I have been able to reproduce the problem using a single bare baseboard with the same track and textures as shown in the screenshots. The kuids involved are:-

kuid2:3801:21019:1 oz grass brush gamma130
kuid:-25:1478 oz_grass_tuffs_on_dirt
kuid2:182464:81010:1 Protrack 42in ashes, old timber, directly spiked

In addition I have set the region to <kuid:45176:100490> "Australia with TRS19 Grid" (available on the DLS) to restore the baseboard grid to the TRS19 "normal" instead of the "hairy grass" default (as one poster has called it).

The effect occurs when the track spline height is lowered slightly to cover most of the track bed but can also be seen on track sections where there has been no lowering. Re-texturing under the effected segments merely moves the problem around, it does not remove it.

I have submitted a full bug report with screenshots, kuids list and sample small .cpd file.

I just loaded to have a look and I'm seeing the same. The problem appears to be caused by a mixture of PBR and non-PBR textures as I would expect. The root cause of the problem is that the textures must have been updated at some stage and upon looking closely, have had height mapping applied to them. This issue reared its head some time ago, where some TS12 and earlier textures were PBRified, unfortunately keeping the same, though upversioned, kuid. I was led to understand that N3V were in the process of sorting it out, but I'd reckon the work on the 19 and 22 beta's took priority. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon, one way or another.
EDIT: I attempted to do a bulk replace to see what would happen and it actually made the problem worse by exchanging the textures, it appears the PBR textures are no longer sitting at the height they used to (higher) and all PBR texture swamp the track regardless of which ones I use.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Is anyone else seeing this in Trainz Plus build 116492?

Original scene from previous Trainz Plus SP5 beta build

(pic removed)

Same scene in Trainz Plus SP5 build 116492

(pic removed)

The textures involved have not been changed and they are not PBR textures (which I steer clear of). These are textures I have been using for years. I have been able to reproduce the problem using a single bare baseboard with the same track and textures as shown in the screenshots. The kuids involved are:-

kuid2:3801:21019:1 oz grass brush gamma130
kuid:-25:1478 oz_grass_tuffs_on_dirt
kuid2:182464:81010:1 Protrack 42in ashes, old timber, directly spiked

In addition I have set the region to <kuid:45176:100490> "Australia with TRS19 Grid" (available on the DLS) to restore the baseboard grid to the TRS19 "normal" instead of the "hairy grass" default (as one poster has called it).

The effect occurs when the track spline height is lowered slightly to cover most of the track bed but can also be seen on track sections where there has been no lowering. Re-texturing under the effected segments merely moves the problem around, it does not remove it.

I have submitted a full bug report with screenshots, kuids list and sample small .cpd file.

Yes, I see this in the newest build 116678 too. I was asthonished yesterday evening seeing this in several maps.

Regards
Swordfish

Solved this issue (in TRS19 and TRS22) by either:

• replacing ground textures by PBR ones only;
• replacing ground textures by non-PBR ones only;
• slightly lowering ground (Topology > Height Down) at or close to the place where texture hovers the track;
• or using the "Smooth spline height" (Tracks > Advanced).

Solved this issue (in TRS19 and TRS22) by either:

• replacing ground textures by PBR ones only;
• replacing ground textures by non-PBR ones only;
• slightly lowering ground (Topology > Height Down) at or close to the place where texture hovers the track;
• or using the "Smooth spline height" (Tracks > Advanced).
Your first option will not work, the height of the textures still covers the track even though all were changed to PBR.

Your first option will not work, the height of the textures still covers the track even though all were changed to PBR.

It works on some routes ("Dry Brook & Esopus Valley", "Bathurst to Lithgow", "Sherman Hill"...), not on others. Maybe depending on what track is used?

I have been burnt by this. Unfortunately NV3 have changed some older textures to PBR, which I suspect is what you are seeing. I'm surprised it only became evident with SP5 though. I thought this was an older issue.

I now avoid PBR textures any where near splines (and especially near track). TS12 textures look pretty good, and don't have this problem. PBR textures can look good in the right place , but they have to be used with great caution.

Last edited:
As I am concerned this issue was already present when TRS19 is out.

I agree. PBR texture problems with splines go back to the earliest version of TRS19 (I believe this is also the earliest use of PBR textures).

What is new is that in the latest versions of TRS19 and TRS22, I believe N3V replaced some non-PBR textures to their PBR equivalent as part of the updating process of routes.

I first noticed this in TRS19 SP4, but it also appears in TRS22. The bulk asset replace process is an easy fix, but of course the specific textures to replace will be different for each user.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a fan that when you create a new route, say for a model railway, the boards form with a rather spongey and tiled looking grass texture, instead of the traditional grid. Is there a way to change this in Settings? I've looked but can't see anything.

Only a minor one but when creating junctions particularly crossovers, the points initially show with a double red arrow as if the lever or motor was misplaced. If you click on the lever to change it then it reverts to the correct green/red configuration. Incidentally points still don't animate in Surveyor when changing the switch.

I have been burnt by this. Unfortunately NV3 have changed some older textures to PBR, which I suspect is what you are seeing. I'm surprised it only became evident with SP5 though. I thought this was an older issue.

I now avoid PBR textures any where near splines (and especially near track). TS12 textures look pretty good, and don't have this problem. PBR textures can look good in the right place , but they have to be used with great caution.

I have been burned as well and I have complained about this before.

If N3V or someone else is going to update a previously non-PBR texture, the PBR texture should be a new KUID and have PBR next to the name. This will avoid this crap once and for all.

As usual, someone took the lazy and easy way and obsoleted the old textures without thinking about the implications this would have on users that still have older routes installed that still use the older textures. As I've said before, it's easy to build a route from scratch using PBR textures, but it's extremely difficult to upgrade an older route that's been textured with the old ones since the two don't mix and we end up with dirt floating on jelly or swampy-looking water.

Every beta test i did, I brought this up with screenies
there simply is too much height difference between PBR and non-PBR ground textures

To make things worse, since the beginning of TRS19, our simple grid has been PBRized
it went from to 134kb to 13.4mb

ofc I made my own grid (non PBR) and grid region
can be downloaded here

What happens if you open an old route with non PBR textures, most is ok but
there are places (FI stations) where a route builder did not put groundtextures
that new grid being PBR, drowns the track running through the station
so you have to texture it under the track and platform to repair, with a non PBR texture

Gare Du Nord Paris

Last edited:
Apparently, you have to be a member of MediaFire in order to download anything from them. All I get is "sign up" and "login" on the page.

Bill

Thanks for all the advice on my texture problem. Looking at the details it seems that only one of the two textures has been "updated" as shown below, but there may be others I have not yet seen.

Grass-Textures-Data.png

Opening up its version history reveals nothing, yet I have been using this texture for years - the baseboard section created in the screenshots I posted above was originally made for TS2006 and the textures have not been altered. Certainly not since May 2021 when the TRS19 version of the route was uploaded to the DLS.

It may simply be a case of using the Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool to do a texture swap. I will do some experimenting.

Peter, continuing the Trainz adventure.

Is there any way of changing the new "compass rose" back to the previous one? The new compass obscures the area in which I am working in. Terrible idea. Again, why fix/change a tool that worked perfectly fine. We should have ability to either go with the new "ënhancements", or keep that which has served us well for decades. But not have it set at default.....

Back