Trainz Plus Official S20 Release

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've begun the rollout of the latest Trainz Plus update. This process will begin with the official release version being available on the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream.

PC:
Trainz Plus 114800 to 116492 *Note this converts TRS19 to TRS22 and requires your content path to be updated.
Trainz Plus 116271 to 116492

Mac
Trainz Plus 114841 to Trainz Plus 116493 *Note this converts TRS19 to TRS22 and requires your content path to be updated.
Trainz Plus 116434 to 116493

More details can be found at this news post.

This thread will be updated as we release new patches and patch streams.

UPDATE Feb 15:
Updates are now available on Trainz Plus and TRS22 patch streams.
Full installers are available from Mytrainz then clicking on Download TRS22.

There are also several updates for the TRS22 built-in content set available in Content Store > Updates tab.

Note that Trainz Plus and Gold Class members can install TRS22 and get access to the Stage 1 Surveyor 2.0 release.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

Got bad news yet. <kuid2:565249:100992:1> Amtrak Superliner I Coach Baggage and <kuid2:565249:100993:1> Amtrak Superliner II Coach still missing <kuid:565249:100506> (fresh install).

Cheers

As I said above, "We've begun the rollout of the latest Trainz Plus update."

Stage 1 = beta update (patch only, no content updates)
Stage 2 = update the beta resources to live, update MPS servers, DLS support for v5.0 content etc
Stage 3 = release the official update

Stage 2 will provide <kuid2:565249:100992:2> Amtrak Superliner I Coach Baggage

Thanks for the info.
On the bright side of me reporting that ... that should help answer when others report it as they'll see this first right? ;)

Cheers

Yep - thanks for the prompt. I've updated the news page with more information as well.

Updated the beta copy for now with no problems or hitches.

The DBR was as quick as the installation and there were no errors or missing content other than what is already known.

Ty Tony update to build 116492 was very fast

once again I ask attention to the interfaces, see no real improvements there so far

the my collection main screen

the s20 main screen

Driver

When you set the asset window to icon view, the blue selection is more clear now
good job !

Last edited:
I am very pleased the cab instruments in the "all new" Amtrak locomotive has been fixed in this update but it is disappointing that the "built-in <kuid2:45324:90310:7> GE wide cab mechanism t1" is still faulty, after all it has been faulty since TANE and all through the TRS2019 life cycle.

DennR - Yes -
it is disappointing that the "built-in <kuid2:45324:90310:7> GE wide cab mechanism t1" is still faulty
It results in a huge amount of SPAM in the Trainz logs and emanates from a good number of built-in locos.
Time it was sorted.

Variable show

Just wondering - is there a successor rule for "Variable Show"? Or is it only broken for me. Whenever I want to set a label to show a value on screen, the label gets reset to "none" when I'm done editing the rule. And in Driver it only shows the value but not the label. Might be a glitch only on my end so I just ask :)
(Trainz Plus TRS22 (116492)). On the other hand I have an older route from DLS where the variable is shown nicely on screen.
Lockheed

[QUOTE It results in a huge amount of SPAM in the Trainz logs and emanates from a good number of built-in locos.
Time it was sorted. [/QUOTE]

I have reported it at most Trainz releases since it became broken and to date there are changes in behaviour which I believe to be incidental but never any sort of a fix and as you say this fix is long overdue.

Just wondering - is there a successor rule for "Variable Show"? Or is it only broken for me. Whenever I want to set a label to show a value on screen, the label gets reset to "none" when I'm done editing the rule. And in Driver it only shows the value but not the label. Might be a glitch only on my end so I just ask :)

Like you <kuid:-25:971> Variable Show is working fine in a route and session imported into TRS22 from T:ANE but when I add it (and the Display Custom HUD rule) in a TRS22 test route and session I get nothing at all (not even a value).

The Display Custom HUD rule tells you that it is obsolete and may not work in the current version of Trainz. It also gave that warning in TRS19 but still worked fine there when using a route and session from T:ANE.

I have no explanation.

... in a TRS22 test route and session I get nothing at all (not even a value)...

I think you have to assign it a value first. My setup just shows "[blank label]: 0" instead of "Free beers earned: 0"

But I guess I can file a bug report for it if there is no successor rule or technique.
Lockheed

.. thankz for the update : went very quick in less then 3 mins (including dbr) ..
i don't have issues with the forementioned kuids, but i do have 3 faulties from the 1st install of trs+/22 .. i had hope (patiently) that it would be solved with one of the updates ..

.. one of the faulties = session <kuid2:212731:501093:4> 3DZUG The Broadway Limited, with missing dependency : <kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2 - not installed, payware (not active) .. although, one of the installed routes = <kuid2:661281:200039:6> Kickstarter County 2 ..
so, i assume that the installed route <kuid2:661281:200039:6> Kickstarter County 2 is the new one and <kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2 the old one .. maybe obsoleted and still mentioned .. but the session by matthiasgose is not (yet) linked to the new one ..

another faulty : 2 sessions by dennr (winterparc express) with <kuid:565249:100506> Prod Passengers 2019 in an unknown location ..

.. just as a note and waiting for a solution .. or not ..
just having fun with the new possibilities and tools .. thankz ..
grtz

Last edited:
.. thankz for the update : went very quick in less then 3 mins (including dbr) ..
i don't have issues with the forementioned kuids, but i do have 3 faulties from the 1st install of trs+/22 .. i had hope (patiently) that it would be solved with one of the updates ..

.. one of the faulties = session <kuid2:212731:501093:4> 3DZUG The Broadway Limited, with missing dependency : <kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2 - not installed, payware (not active) .. although, one of the installed routes = <kuid2:661281:200039:6> Kickstarter County 2 ..
so, i assume that the installed route <kuid2:661281:200039:6> Kickstarter County 2 is the new one and <kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2 the old one .. maybe obsoleted and still mentioned .. but the session by matthiasgose is not (yet) linked to the new one ..

another faulty : 2 sessions by dennr (winterparc express) with <kuid:565249:100506> Prod Passengers 2019 in an unknown location ..

.. just as a note and waiting for a solution .. or not ..
just having fun with the new possibilities and tools .. thankz ..
grtz

These routes have the same issue in my setup as well. Tony mentioned that another patch will be following on once TRS22 has been rolled out. See post #3 above.
Trainz Plus Official S20 Release (auran.com)

I think you have to assign it a value first. My setup just shows "[blank label]: 0" instead of "Free beers earned: 0"Lockheed

Yes, I did use the Variable Modify Rule to set a value first before using the Show Variable Rule, just as in the imported T:ANE session where it works perfectly, but in this case (TRS22) I got nothing.

If you have a reproduceable bug, please submit a bug report so that we don't miss it.

<kuid2:661281:200007:38> Kickstarter County 2 (TRS19) will be available in the upcoming beta. We'll be compiling a list of all the fixes in the upcoming beta and will post these when it's released.

Regarding content errors and "polish", we'll be prioritising these issues and addressing as many of them as possible before. There are literally hundreds of content issues and checking our backlog, now 500 open tasks, along with a similar number of "feature requests". So if we did nothing else but fix all those little things, we'd be still going 2 or 3 years later.

I just updated from 114800 to 116492, someone please tell me it didn't wipe out everything I had in 19 and wiped it out with a new install, please tell me that, because it's all gone. All the routes I was working on for so long, all the stuff I've downloaded, it's just gone.

I just updated from 114800 to 116492, someone please tell me it didn't wipe out everything I had in 19 and wiped it out with a new install, please tell me that, because it's all gone. All the routes I was working on for so long, all the stuff I've downloaded, it's just gone.

First step: Confirm that TRS22 and TRS19 are two separate installs.

Open your Trainz program folder e.g. "C:\Program Files\N3V Games". You should see two sub folders - one named Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 and the other Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022

Second step: Confirm that your original (TRS19) userdata folder and the new (TRS22) userdata folder are present.

A bit more complicated but in my case I open C:\Users\pwwar\AppData\Local\N3V Games and I see two folders - one named "trs19" and the other "trs22". Each contains the userdata for its specific version of the program.

N3V have stated on many occasions that SP updates do not touch your userdata where all your routes, sessions, etc are stored. TRS22 has created its own new userdata folder leaving your original untouched.

You need to start TRS22, open Trainz Settings and point its userdata folder to the old TRS19 version. Then exit the Launcher and restart TRS22.

Last edited:
Ok if I open c:\ the first way I only see Tane and 19 but if I open 19 folder it has the execute showing for 22, but if I do it the second step all three are there, so now what do I do? How do I get all my stuff from 19 into 22 now?

Back