Trainz Plus Official S20 Release

Ok if I open c:\ the first way I only see Tane and 19 but if I open 19 folder it has the execute showing for 22, but if I do it the second step all three are there, so now what do I do? How do I get all my stuff from 19 into 22 now?

The second step is the important one.

The trs19 folder is the one containing all your "missing assets". In that folder will be another named with a sequence of random characters - that is your userdata folder for TRS19. Make a copy of the location (c:/ etc) and paste it into the Local Data Folder address box in TRS22 Install tab. Hit enter and close the window. TRS22 will do a DBR and should then have your old TRS19 data folder as it userdata folder.

Launch TRS19 and open settings/install. Make a note of the path (build number). Do the same with TRS22.
Locate the TRS19 build folder that is in the settings/install window and then copy it. Paste it in a new location and rename it. Open TRS22 settings/install and direct the path to the new pasted build folder. Do a DBR and check your content is there. If all is OK look for the TRS22 build folder you made a note of and delete it.

I also recommend that you imediately make backups of your TRS19 work. You should always have .cdp backups or complete disk backups of your work. Your disk/ssd or computer WILL crash and die sometime. It could be today, tomorrow, ... ???

You replace (paste over) the current, newly installed, TRS22 userdata folder location with the location of your old TRS19 userdata folder in the Local data folder entry dialogue window. Close the Trainz Settings window, you will get a prompt about restating Trainz, acknowledge it. Close the launcher.

Restart the Launcher. Your "missing" TRS19 items should now be restored - they were never "gone", just "hiding".

Is there a different way to copy and paste besides the right click copy and then right click and paste, because it will not let me do that? I even just back spaced the build and put the 19 build and it won't let me do that either.

Last edited:
Normally I just click in the text entry box, press Ctrl A, press delete, then click again and press Ctrl V to paste in the new l8nk (assuming you have the link in the clipboard).

One way to get the new link in the clipboard is to open the userdata folder in Windows File Explorer, click where the line of folders is shown to change it to a normal folder list, Ctrl A, then Ctrl C to copy.

Fwiw I usually check the path, navigate to the location in Explorer then select the folder and click Open

Tony why did 2022 totally wipe out my 2019 folder, it should have installed as a new game in a new folder. Can you explain why this happened 2019 was mine paid for and now it's gone. Thanks for any help.

It didn't. It updated your Trainz Plus build from an older version to the latest version. It hasn't touched your TRS19 local data folder.

If you mean your TRS19 "install" then you can download a TRS19 install if you want to have TRS19 and TRS22 installed.

But everything you had access to previously you still have access to now.

Tony why did 2022 totally wipe out my 2019 folder, it should have installed as a new game in a new folder. Can you explain why this happened 2019 was mine paid for and now it's gone. Thanks for any help.

Read the posts in this thread from #18 onwards.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone trying to help me, I finally got the issue fixed tonight and I'm ok now, thanks again.

Great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Can you let us know what the key was - we can then update our info for next time.

Well to tell you the truth I never could get the copy and paste thing to work tried for two nights, so what I did was just clicked in the window and back spaced the trs22 and build# out and retyped in the 19 and build# and it worked. Did the date base rebuild and everything was good to go.

On the top left side of screen, you see where it says filter list, just below that you'll see some icons just pick scenery mesh filter and pick what you want, and below that you can do a search.

Last edited:
Back