I would like to thank jivebunny

ish6

Since 2001
I would like to thank jivebunny for letting us know about the French forum re-distribution of items, without permission.

I saw my name on the list, and I, certainly, have not given them permission to zip or link any of my items.

A simple e-mail asking for permission would have been fine, but it’s so disrespectful when these guy/guys do such things. It takes time and affect and imagination to create an item in gmax, config it, and uploaded … respect that!!

Auran, let people speak their mind and thoughts, let people express their opinions, concerns, and teach those who might defend the French forum actions that’s wrong to redistribute contents, without asking for permission. Closing or deleting such threads do us no good, for us, for them, or for you. This is an Auran issue as well, because the thieves, in this case, has registered with Auran, and has an ID number.

In Jivebunny thread, this one individual did not understood why is a big deal, and few a Wise men helped him understand the situation. It is why I feel that this thread and those 2 from Jivebunny should have stayed open, just for the soul purpose of teaching those who might not know that there IS something wrong when people redistribute items without asking for permission!!

Again, thank you Jivebunny!
Ishie

Last edited:
No problem Ish :)

There definitely is something wrong when people can redistribute content like this without permission and get away with it (i.e keep their access to the forum / DLS). I'd just also like to point out that the reaction on the French forum was no different to what you would expect here, and indeed the user has had some fairly sharp public comments about his reactions when he has done this previously. It's just that he keeps doing it over and over again, and seems to be including more and more content from more users each time.

One of the moderators has now deleted the post and the offending links, so the damage is limited, but it's just frustrating that someone can just take other people's content and redistribute it without having to face any sort of penalty or consequence. What bugs me the most is that it allows any warez kiddy to get hold of DLS content, and that isn't really on.

It'd be nice to see something done about it this time, considering the number of users whose content was included in the packs.

JB

Last edited:
Going through my forum report emails, the one received this morning is the first I have heard of it. If things are not reported then its hard to act right away. One of the French forum moderators had already been in there before I got out of bed by the looks of things.

The information on this issue and the user involved will be forwarded to the Auran folks when they get in so hopefully they can get a priority look at it.

Myself and I'm pretty sure the other moderators take this kind of thing quite seriously, but we want to be sure everything is in order before any serious action is taken.

Another user mentioned elsewhere on here "big deal" about coping other peoples stuff without permission. The big deal, is that like another train simulator, content may be removed, & in Trainz could affect a route/rollingstock, etc that relies on the content to be available.

It happens more than you'd think. It obvious that some people just have a problem distinguishing between right and wrong. Creation is a time consuming effort and someone distributing it without permission is theft, plain and simple.

How could users copy other users content without permission and get away with it?

Usually, they don't. Eventually, they will get caught out and only then because they do it once and don't get caught. They then think they can get away with it more often until they do it too much and they get discovered.

and it doesn't just happen with content like that either...

It happens to anything of the computing and audio-visual medium (computer software, Music and videos.)

regards

Harry

Going through my forum report emails, the one received this morning is the first I have heard of it. If things are not reported then its hard to act right away. One of the French forum moderators had already been in there before I got out of bed by the looks of things.

The information on this issue and the user involved will be forwarded to the Auran folks when they get in so hopefully they can get a priority look at it.

Myself and I'm pretty sure the other moderators take this kind of thing quite seriously, but we want to be sure everything is in order before any serious action is taken.

Very happy to read the above!!! :wave:

I agree with all of the above. it is stealing and i can't see how people can do it. 1 question: is it still possible to view the list of creators whos content was redistributed?

If you PM one of the mods they should be able to send you the list as I'd imagine it will still be in the moderation area. Better still they could post it here so that individuals can take action themselves, after all there may have been payware items in there. I wasn't able to check each one I just looked up the kuids.

JB

The Pirate, Fjeanc has lost his site.

The Pirate, Fjeanc has had his site shut down. A big Thank You, to what ever forces were brought to bear in the ending of Fjeanc's current rein of thievery. I for one hope not to see him again, though history has taught us that pestilence does return to the unvigilant.

Dave

Last edited:
Nice to see that people DO listen :hehe:

Thanks to whoever closed the offending site, and to dmdrake who rightfully named and shamed that person.

Thanks,
Gangsta_Boi

Back