Chinese ScreenShots

I am so sorry that I don't know how to use CCP, sorry.:'(

CCP!!!!!!! Never, no way. :) No problem, I can make up a hornsound asset from that sound clip in 5 minutes. Just thought you might like to create something simple to make your mark on the DLS.

Cheers
Dave

CCP!!!!!!! Never, no way. :) No problem, I can make up a hornsound asset from that sound clip in 5 minutes. Just thought you might like to create something simple to make your mark on the DLS.

Cheers
Dave
It's all right, thanks. I am poor at creating contents for trainz:hehe:

Ok folks here's a very early version for you all to take a look at. It's basic but it looks like a DF4B to me. :)

Hopefully you can see that I have sorted the texturing problem and the body no longer has alpha channel problems. The only drawback is that now the windows are opaque. This can be fixed with a little bit of time by punching out some holes and texturing with a separate texture.

DF4BImage3.jpg

So this is the body mesh as supplied but with the bogey mesh separated out and an animation applied to the wheels. I've added the basic attachment points required by Trainz and has smoke effect points for the exhaust.

There is a custom horn sound made from the recording supplied and a very basic custom engine spec.

You can download it from here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/12269/DF4B_alpha1.cdp

There are lots of things that could be done with this. The windows can be made transparent, LOD levels can be added (It's 23,000 polys at present), alpha numbers could be added, lights scripted and anything else you can think of really. :)

Currently it is using the Auran provided built-in Alco engine sounds. If some one wants to create a custom set of sounds...

All comments and suggestions appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Dave,

Thank you and I have already downloaded it and had it tested. There are few things need to be edited.

The first is could you help me to smooth the 4 arrises of the loco which I cycled, because they look not real (Sorry, this is the problem by the original 3D creator and I think editing the 3D model maybe is a hard work.)

screen013xr1.jpg

screen012wc3.jpg

Post 2 of my photos for your reference. (Just make them smooth, you can do this without the plan.)

dsc05747rd5.jpg

dsc05668cq9.jpg

The hornsound in the game is too low to hear, sorry.

For the engine sound, we can use DF4D's. I have done a comparison and found that DF4B's and DF4D's are almost the same.

I am have not got a exact engine spec for DF4B (Freight), but I have found out the following details,

Speed: 100km/h (max)
21.6km/h (continuance)

Traction: 435KN (start-up)
324KN (continuance)

Weight: 138t
Axletree: 23t

For further editing, we should to make the windows transparent and add the lights. Thanks! :wave:

Yes indeed, I had noticed the re-texturing has accentuated some of the edges. I will see if I can smooth them out.

Windows and lights are next on my list and shouldn't be too hard.

I'll look at the hornsound volume.

The DF4D is derived from the DF4B and uses basically the same engine so I would expect the sounds to be very similar.

I'll also add a driver attachment point and possible alphanumbers. Do you know the correct number range for these (freight) locos?

Cheers
Dave

Good stuff Eldavo well done. I think if we make a list of things we would like to improve on and then choose what will give us the best improvement but take you the smallest amount of your available time.

I'm trying to get in touch with Chester_PL, as he's aware of a way to adjust the amount of sunlight reflected on each surface of the mesh, as he fixed that for me on a model before. But he's not been online for a bit.

I'll make a few reskins now :)

Last edited:
I took this photo just for fun. :p What are they guys doing?
dsc03305zq6.jpg

Last edited:
Yes indeed, I had noticed the re-texturing has accentuated some of the edges. I will see if I can smooth them out.

Windows and lights are next on my list and shouldn't be too hard.

I'll look at the hornsound volume.

The DF4D is derived from the DF4B and uses basically the same engine so I would expect the sounds to be very similar.

I'll also add a driver attachment point and possible alphanumbers. Do you know the correct number range for these (freight) locos?

Cheers
Dave
I have done a research, and found out the range of DF4B (freight) locos, they are:
1001-1999
3101-3999 ( the strings on the sides are yellow)
6001-65**
7001-78**
9001-95** (There are a lot of different textures)

7701~7732 are made from DF4E, the factory uncouple the DF4E and made them into DF4B individually, like my pic DF4-7711 was made by DF4E.

The headlight of DF4B sometimes looks green & white, not only the yellow color and can you apply a red light like Class 92 you made in the rear of the loco, thanks!

Last edited:
I have done a research, and found out the range of DF4B (freight) locos, they are:
1001-1999
3101-3999 ( the strings on the sides are yellow)
6001-65**
7001-78**
9001-95** (There are a lot of different textures)

7701~7732 are made from DF4E, the factory uncouple the DF4E and made them into DF4B individually, like my pic DF4-7711 was made by DF4E.

The headlight of DF4B sometimes looks green & white, not only the yellow color and can you apply a red light like Class 92 you made in the rear of the loco, thanks!

I'll rig the loco to cover the 1000-1999 number range as that's easy.

Rigging the red tail and white marker lights should be easy. Not sure what to do about the headlight as it does appear to be a strange colour in the few pictures I have seen where it is turned on.

Cheers
Dave

Rigging the red tail and white marker lights should be easy. Not sure what to do about the headlight as it does appear to be a strange colour in the few pictures I have seen where it is turned on.

Cheers
Dave
Finally, I find out one pic that all the lights of the loco are turned on. In fact, the red lights should be off and shown in the rear of the loco.

DF4A (Freight)
tqu35zqtmdq5mqa6kqexwiasf0.jpg

Last edited:

Cheers
Dave
I suggest you rig the loco to cover the 0001-9999 number range, because maybe Communist want to reskin the model into a DF4B (passenger) like 2****, it is also good for other users to edit it in the future, thanks! ;)

I have another idea. We have a standard DF4B model now, in fact if we do some few editings on the 3D model, we can released the common models which almost cover all the range of DF4A/B (both A and B have Passenger/Freight version).

1 We can make two engine specs, one fit passenger and another one fit freight.(A's and B's in the same type of function have basicly the same engine spec.)

2 The main difference between DF4A and DF4B in exterior is that DF4A just has an extra intake ( shows in the pic ), maybe we can edit the 3D model and make it.
dsc01619pk1.jpg

Last edited:
If we do this, we will have four choices which covers all the range,

DF4A uses passenger engine spec,
DF4A uses freight engine spec,
DF4B uses passenger engine spec,
DF4B uses freight engine spec,

The only problem here is that the texture of passenger DF4A/B is not green but orange, anyway the layouts are the same.

DF4 passenger
20064202394565521jx9.jpg

DF4B passenger
dsc01597zi6.jpg

I suggested the 1000-1999 range as the current engine spec is for the freight version. If someone wants to reskin into the passenger version (red I believe) then we can create a new engine spec for it and it would have a new config.txt that defined the new number range. The numbers are set up in the config so there shouldn't need to be any mesh changes unless the numbers are in a different place on the loco.

Cheers
Dave

Back