TGR (Tasmanian Government Railways) Fingal Line screenshots

I will agree with sentiments already expressed. Thanks for the route Pware.

Trent, follow oknosten's advice. Also had that missing kuid, and the suggested change cleared it right up.

I also had <kuid2:61119:23075:4> show as missing, however dropping the 2 & 4 also cleared that up.

Now I just have to DL the sessions; look forward to running them.

Matt.

It's a shame I was unable to contact the author of the M and MA class locos to perhaps bribe him into releasing them

I will be moving to Tasmania, and someone that I met in November last year said if I asked next time, he would get in contact with the creator of the M/MA class and ask him to release them. The man I met and the creator apparently know each other personally...

pware, nice route. I got it from the DLS in TS2010 and it was great. Thankyou for spending the time to create a Tasmanian route

Just arrived in the Apple Ile

Hello,

Pware, your going to love this news;

I will be making some Tasmanian Locomotives for the project.

105781_display.jpg

Hobart CC 26 CC 27

I am taking a brief break, from my usual Queensland modelling, to take a trip down the apple ile. To make some engines for TGR. I can make the engines, but I require assistance for the drivers. Since I am inexperienced at the moment, and their is no current tutorial for making complex 4 to 6 coupled drivers.

I hope this is news enjoy.

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham

Thank you all for the feedback and complements on the route. A large part of the credit goes to the article by Jim Stokes published in the January 2010 edition of Australian Railway History by the AHRS (NSW division) which gave me the track diagrams, line history and other details that made the Trainz 2010 and TS12 layouts possible.

I will be making some Tasmanian Locomotives for the project.
Michael Gitsham

That's good news Michael and best of luck in achieving a successful result. Steam locos from the TGR are non-existent on the DLS and they would fill a significant gap in this project.

Peter Ware

Thanks a bunch.... I had a great afternoon running the tour session. Fantastic layout and session. I loved the info pop-ups. Can't wait to run some of the other sessions.
Cheers!

Thanks (again) for a great route, and some great sessions to go with.

Spent an enyoable half hour or so running the 'Mixed Run' session, before other things had to be attended to.

Love the idea of the HTML pop-ups, detailing the various tasks. Makes the session so much better.

Matt.

which semaphore signals are used?

NSW (New South Wales Government Railways) Semaphores that are on the DLS, author natvander. They were the closest I could find to those used on the TGR. In the real world the last of these in actual service were removed and replaced by LED equipped electronic signals during 2010.

Peter Ware

Since there is a shortage of Trainz 2010 compatible TGR rolling stock
Billegulla made a 2010 version of my K1 loco, so if you have a few k's of 2 foot line. The main problem i found with tasmanian stuff is a lack of drawings of rollingstock. I think I made a cammel (I think thats how you spell it)rail motor once but never released it, lack of interest.

pm me your email address, I still have the cdp its for trs2004 and it's 3'6" gauge. if you look around on the dls I also did a U class for trs 2004

Last edited:
I still have the cdp its for trs2004 and it's 3'6" gauge. if you look around on the dls I also did a U class for trs 2004

I did try a couple of older (TRS2006, 2004) locos, particularly from the SAR as the TGR sourced a fair few of their locos, both steam and diesel, from the SAR but these proved to be unsatisfactory in TS12.

Thanks for the offer of the 3'6" locos but I actually did the layout using standard gauge for all the additional assets it provides.

Peter Ware

... I actually did the layout using standard gauge for all the additional assets it provides.

Peter Ware

Mmmm ... I've converted the layout to 3ft 6in gauge - or, at least, tried to.

I find that there are a number of assets, some buildings, some track (bridges for instance) that I cannot delete and replace with appropriate gauged equivalents.

Choosing different layers doesn't fix it - why is this I wonder?

Pware,

Just one issue I would like to raise, after I got the urge to create a session using a few NSWGR assets. Unsure whether you did it deliberately, or just left them there accidentally after testing, but you have left a train sitting on the main line. Removing it isn't an issue, until you attempt to save the session, as the train is part of the route layer, meaning a new version of the route has to be saved before you can do anything with new sessions involving the mainline.

Edit: There are also a few loose consists, similarly placed on the route layer, at Duncan and Cullenswood.

It's a great route, nonetheless, and I have a few shots from the 'Mixed Run' session, taken last night.

Matt.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of runs over the Route, very enjoyable trips.
Only problem found is the "vr passenger platform-5m" <2:103475:37000-1> is a no show,although (in survayor) their spline rings show.
The platform ends are there in place.
CM doesn't show any missing dependencies or errors,any suggestions please ?
I managed to fix a few minor errors with other assets along the way but not this one.

NormP.

TS12 Route.

I find that there are a number of assets, some buildings, some track (bridges for instance) that I cannot delete and replace with appropriate gauged equivalents.

Just tried replacing a few assets myself; The Cornwall coal loader was giving me trouble until I unlocked the 'Overlapped Assets' layer.

Did you try that?

Matt.

All track, signals and bridges are in the route-layer as are all industry scenery items attached to the track. A few platform and industry related assets (water towers, a crane, a few boxes sitting on a platform) are in a special Overlapped Assets route layer. Only a few minor scenery items (most of the parked cars, people, a boat, a tape barrier fence, and perhaps one or two other items) are in session-layers. So I do not see why, if the layer is unlocked, something could not be deleted.

Peter Ware

... but you have left a train sitting on the main line... There are also a few loose consists, similarly placed on the route layer, at Duncan and Cullenswood.

Yes, there is a coal train (loco, tender, 15 wagons and a guards van) at Duncan and an empty consist of 15 coal wagons at Cullenswood. There is also a stationary passenger train (the Tasman Limited) outside Conara on the main line but in each loaded session this moves forward, stops at the Conara station then exits via the Conara Nth Portal. These are all in the route-layer so they will appear in every session (well, not sure about the Cullenswood wagons - they may be in a session layer in two of the three sessions only - I would have to load up Trainz to check).

There is a train (loco, tender, 30 wagons, van) on the Loop siding at Avoca but only in a consist session layer in the Cornwall Coal session. Likewise, certain other trains are positioned in session layers in each of the three sessions.

Peter Ware

Only problem found is the "vr passenger platform-5m" <2:103475:37000-1> is a no show,although (in survayor) their spline rings show.

This sometimes happens to me in Surveyor as well but usually the next time I load Surveyor the problem has just as mysteriously vanished. It was far too intermittent to report it as a bug or problem.

It does not seem to affect Driver mode.

Peter Ware

Last edited:
:( i have TS10 and can only see the instructions for TS9/10, the actual map i can only find as TS12 compatible... Where can ifind the TS10 layout

Unfortunately, when I updated the route, the new route (in TS12) was placed onto the DLS as an update to the previous TS10 route. This was my mistake as I did not then (I do now) understand how to upload a new version of a route in a newer version of the program without destroying the previous version.

Back