Evansville Western RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dermmy

Too many projects...
Checkrail's latest WIP freeware route will be the eastern half of the Evansville Western railroad.

Stage1 is well in hand. It will be a small switching route based on Southwind Maritime Center handling unit grain and unit coal trains plus lots of carload switching for the local job from Evansville.

Stage 2 will be Mt Vernon with more carload switching - lots of it!

Stage 3 will be the CSX interchange at Evansville's Howell Yard with - you guessed it - lots more switching!

The route will be freeware, TS10 Native Mode and will be released when it's done. Mick (Matruck) from Jointed Rail is working on EVWR locos for the route....

swmc_007.jpg

swmc_004.jpg

swmc_008.jpg

swmc_009.jpg

The screenshots show - in order - the sign alongside the road entry to SWMC (thanks Mick!) - leasers and CSX power on the rail entry over Indiana Route 62 - EVWR SD 40-2s in the same location and lastly EVWR GP 38-2s headed back to Evansville crossing Old Highway 62.

And yes - I know I have had a couple of plans go nowhere recently, but there is enough of this one done to know it will get done :)

The route will follow my usual practice of being a freelance route based on the prototype rather than an exact recreation. Track changes to suit the Trainz AI will be included as will whatever track or visual embellishments make the thing look or work better in Trainz.

More soon....

Andy

Last edited:
Nice new route Andy! It looks great so far and a very promising project for the ever growing collection of routes for Trainz. I can't wait to see more of this up and coming superbly amazing and detailed route.

That's a beautiful piece of work you've got there Dermmy I can't wait to see more. :cool:

Last edited:
demmy
you are getting close to where i live,, i live about 55miles from evanville,,,

Last edited:
Dermmy,

A huge fan of the work and I am impressed as usual. Can not wait to be closer to release. Always drooling.:udrool:

Cheers,
Adam

AWSOME! I grew up about an hour North of Mt. Vernon and was always down around there fanning. I can't wait to see this!:D

Jason

Didn't go to badly with the loco's either Mick

Do you two live near each other?? Noojee-Lilliput??

Jamie

Good looking route Dermmy.

Is that all one asset. The power pole and transformer in post #1 the fourth pic. I've been looking for a power line pole or transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back