TRS22 - Official Retail Release Out Now!

Maybe not the place for this, but for the record I would have been happy to buy the retail TS22 if Surveyor 2.0 was bundled with it. As it is, I personally don't feel that there's enough else in Trainz+ to justify a subscription, as most of the extra content/features aren't of great interest to me. I know this is a just a personal view and that N3V are fully entitled to bundle and sell their products however they think fit, but I just wanted to throw this one out there as the viewpoint of a loyal customer and contributor.

I've also still got a lifetime FCT so I don't want to risk losing that if, for example, I try Trainz+ for a year and then decide I either can't keep up the subscription or that it's otherwise not for me (Tony- can you give me any comfort on this?)

R3

Life time FCT, I have one, it continues automatically and the annual cost is discounted from the subscription, mine has 5320 days left.

Trainz Plus only includes the new features, no free content and is cheaper at $69.49 than Gold Plus at £129.49 which is what has the "free for the life of the subscription" DLC Content, if you have a lifetime FCT the annual FCT cost is deducted.

Surveyor 2 is still pretty much A WIP IMO and will eventually make it into TRS22.

I know this is a basic question but I've not been keeping up with all the different Trainz versions lately. I'm on TRS19 Platinum 105100. If I purchase TRS22 will it appear as a separate entity, leaving the TRS19 install intact, or will it convert TRS19 to TRS22 by patching? Thanks.

I know this is a basic question but I've not been keeping up with all the different Trainz versions lately. I'm on TRS19 Platinum 105100. If I purchase TRS22 will it appear as a separate entity, leaving the TRS19 install intact, or will it convert TRS19 to TRS22 by patching? Thanks.

I'm going out on a limb and say that the TRS22 will be separate install as far as I can tell since this is how the installation has gone during testing. I recommend backing up your TRS19 data folder anyway just to be on the safe side and even better keep your TRS19 install intact, and use a copy of the data-folder for TRS22 which is what many of us did.

Once installed, you can then point the program to your data-folder and let it perform a database repair. You will then need to update content packages since there's been a number of content updates to do.

I have the Trainz Plus Release Candidate and I have to say Bravo to you and the crew, Tony! Upon first test, I was pleased to find (so far, lol) that the AI trains no longer sit behind a locked up switch caused by some ghost ai train! This is the best release yet, so keep up the good work and I will keep looking for those nasty bugs.

Lifetime FCT remains with you for life. You get a $2/month discount on your membership if you have one and you revert to your Lifetime FCT if you cancel.

David - S20 brush size is adjusted in the Tool Options palette. Not sure what you mean about features missing - more likely you haven't found the "Contextual Menu" provided for the current selection which provides most of the things like rotate, smooth etc.

As it is, I personally don't feel that there's enough else in Trainz+ to justify a subscription,
And here is the dilemma we face. Customers want more, but don't want to pay more (just yet anyway). And that's fair enough (although an annual Trainz Plus membership, which includes an FCT, is 18 cents a day or $1.25 a week).

The trade-off is we move along slowly adding more features, fixing more bugs and improving the product. It's just that we move slower than everyone wants since we have a fraction of the staff we need.

Thanks looks like I had missed doing a lot of updates in end but all ok
Also found some more route updates
Found some more items marked purchased I need to down load Additional content 2 & 3, Not sure If I need core and the MPS package

Tom

Hi Tony,
I have Trainz Plus Build 116492. I received the email saying that there is an up-date but when I check it says no update available at this time?

Cheers,

Alpha777

Need to change the stream to TRS22 Beta stream defaults to TRS22 stream had the same problem myself ... be warned took me a few to get to up to date.

Tom

Hi Tony,
I have Trainz Plus Build 116492. I received the email saying that there is an up-date but when I check it says no update available at this time?

Cheers,

Alpha777

WOW! pretty amazing I decided to transfer a route from ts19 to 22 and a huge difference in performance and compatability...
Totally impressed!
Dave =)

Hi Tony,
Cheers,
Alpha777

Actually there is a patch from 116492 with either Trainz Plus and Trainz Plus Beta streams selected, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. If you're still having an issue send screenshots of your patch process to helpdesk to see if they can troubleshoot.

Not sure If I need core and the MPS package
These are part of the initial install or patch update and are not selectable. If they do not already say "Purchased" in your listing then there's a problem with your install and you'll need to reinstall (I would suggest installing the latest build from MyTrainz).

Still wondering about the release date of the HST, Class 11, and Tornado, MK1's, and the other rolling stock, which were supposed to be TRS22 DLC. That's what I'm primally interested in, and they haven't appeared in steam yet with the other TRS22 DLC.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Official release of TRS22.

My custom route (so far - gotta put that, thanks to murphys law) is running as smooth as butter. Normally in my swamp area there is small studders, but nothing noticible yet in TRS22.
TRS19 that has been so faithfull "may" now have a much earned rest in the latter days.

We're still working on completing those items and working out the release schedule. They will be TRS22 only.

Congratulations to the team (N3V and volunteer testers) for a great job and an outstanding release!

Maybe not the place for this, but for the record I would have been happy to buy the retail TS22 if Surveyor 2.0 was bundled with it. As it is, I personally don't feel that there's enough else in Trainz+ to justify a subscription, as most of the extra content/features aren't of great interest to me. I know this is a just a personal view and that N3V are fully entitled to bundle and sell their products however they think fit, but I just wanted to throw this one out there as the viewpoint of a loyal customer and contributor.

I've also still got a lifetime FCT so I don't want to risk losing that if, for example, I try Trainz+ for a year and then decide I either can't keep up the subscription or that it's otherwise not for me (Tony- can you give me any comfort on this?)

R3

Take your point Rumour, but I think that S20 is still a work in progress so not ready to be bundled with the retail version of TRS22. I guess the question is, when will it be ready to release? (and a big part of that will be when the community is ready to move on from Surveyor Classic.)

Paul

I went from Build 117009 to Plus Build 117669 and I have hundreds, maybe a thousand of missing assets in my Alma Valley Route. This is gonna take me a day or more to find all those assets in TRS19 and move them to Plus. A lot of them are TUME's assets. So I guess TUME's stuff isn't on the DLS anymore?

EDIT: Okay--- I see a lot of TUME's stuff on the DLS now, but a lot of it isn't. I had to go find it in TRS19 and transfer it over to Plus.

EDIT 2: I tell you what. You can keep your Trainz Plus. My route is all screwed up. Half or more of my AI trains are missing parts of their consist, they've lost their Drive To commands, it's just a mess. It's back to TRS19 for me.

No, I think I'm gonna go watch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Last edited:
I am on Release 115925, but it is not updating me to 117688. I have selected the Trainz Plus stream, but it continually says "No update for Trainz is available at the current time." when I hit the Check for Trainz updates button. Is there something else I should be doing?

I am on Release 115925, but it is not updating me to 117688.

According to Tony's initial post in this thread 117688 is the update for the Mac version of Trainz Plus. Two option I can see
1. put in a HelpDesk request.
2. check your Digital Downloads link in the MyTrainz (link at the top of this page) web page to see what release version is available for you there.

Back