TRS22 - Official Retail Release Out Now!

115925 is an old beta version. You can either update using the Trainz Plus Beta stream (several patches), or just download and install the latest Trainz Plus from MyTrainz then point your new install to your old local data folder. (recommended)

Davesnow - It sounds like you've moved to a new local data folder so you'll need to download the same set of DLC that you have in your other build or copy your old local data folder to a new location and point to that.
Basically it sounds like you're missing Avery Drexel and probably some other older routes.

hi

I am using Trainz Plus on a Mac, so 117688 is the right one. Perhaps i should just download & re-install. But I will try a help desk request first as you suggest.

So I'm a little confused here. My original beta TRS22 install is now at 117669 as it should be; - but my updated TS2019 install is now at 116492 with no more patches available. Both say that they are Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on the launcher and that they are Trainz+.

So I'm a little confused here. My original beta TRS22 install is now at 117669 as it should be; - but my updated TS2019 install is now at 116492 with no more patches available. Both say that they are Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on the launcher and that they are Trainz+.

My Trainz+ upgraded to Build 117669.

You may have clicked on the wrong update which un-plus-ed your Trainz+ installation and turned it into TRS22. I think you need to go to My Trainz and download the Plus installer and reinstall the application from scratch. For the patch, ensure you choose Trainz Plus and not TRS22, and this should bring that also to Build 117669.

I know it's confusing!

Currently running build 117654, which is the retail Mac version of Trainz I bought from the Trainz Store. Although the Beta was very stable for me, and the Early Access was kinda rough, even with built-in content, the retail release of TRS22 is great! Everything runs wonderfully, and I am very proud of Tony and the rest of the crew at N3V for pushing out an excellent game! Though, I will say, installing DLC and even the TRS22 content is a bit finnicky - I've had to make multiple databases, and it's probably for this reason my SSD might last a bit shorter than before - but regardless, it is a wonderful game. I am a bit niffed that Surveyor 2.0 isn't built into the game, though - how is progress on it so far?

Regardless, excellent job with TRS22! To another 20 years of Trainz!

My Trainz+ upgraded to Build 117669.

You may have clicked on the wrong update which un-plus-ed your Trainz+ installation and turned it into TRS22. I think you need to go to My Trainz and download the Plus installer and reinstall the application from scratch. For the patch, ensure you choose Trainz Plus and not TRS22, and this should bring that also to Build 117669.

I know it's confusing!

It is confusing John, - more so since the 116490 version is showing a Trainz+ logo on the splash page.

You can download all the latest versions from MyTrainz.
TRS19 Trainz Plus updated to TRS22 Trainz Plus at build 116492.
You could patch to either TRS22 or Trainz Plus depending on the stream you chose.
We then split the builds into Retail and Trainz Plus to avoid confusion in the future.

It is confusing John, - more so since the 116490 version is showing a Trainz+ logo on the splash page.

As a Trainz Plus member that would be correct. That build version was a Trainz plus download. It is only on recent patches that TRS19, TRS22, and Trainz Plus became separate identities and each route will have its own build number now. TRS22 will only get an update when a public release is offered. Trainz Plus is now the Beta access route. As a Trainz Plus member you may also be entitled to free downloads of TRS19 and TRS22 as shown on your My Trainz page.

You did mean 116492? it's TRS22 Early access. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Trainz_build_versions

Build 116492auto-patch to 117118Early Access (Windows)

If you were intending to keep TRS19 then you got the wrong patch at some point.

Yes I'm fairly certain that I did get on the wrong patch path with this one Malc. Once I got to Build 116492 I kept getting errors when I tried to download the next patch so I left off trying. I've got backups of both TS2019 SP1 and SP3 so it's not like I've made a total mess of things.

You can download all the latest versions from MyTrainz.
TRS19 Trainz Plus updated to TRS22 Trainz Plus at build 116492.
You could patch to either TRS22 or Trainz Plus depending on the stream you chose.
We then split the builds into Retail and Trainz Plus to avoid confusion in the future.

As a Trainz Plus member that would be correct. That build version was a Trainz plus download. It is only on recent patches that TRS19, TRS22, and Trainz Plus became separate identities and each route will have its own build number now. TRS22 will only get an update when a public release is offered. Trainz Plus is now the Beta access route. As a Trainz Plus member you may also be entitled to free downloads of TRS19 and TRS22 as shown on your My Trainz page.

Thank you very much for your advice gentlemen. I should be able to figure it out now.

Last edited:
What, no Surveyor 2.0 in retail version, holy molelly...

Maybe not the place for this, but for the record I would have been happy to buy the retail TS22 if Surveyor 2.0 was bundled with it. R3
Same, same... I'm sure TS22 is great, incredible even, but Surveyor 2.0 is the only thing that interest me in it.

If Surveyor 2.0 is added to the retail version of TS22 down the track, then I would be more than happy to purchase it, paying full retail!!!. (I'm not a big fan of the "have" and the "have not's")...

Cheers, Mac...

Same, same... I'm sure TS22 is great, incredible even, but Surveyor 2.0 is the only thing that interest me in it.

If Surveyor 2.0 is added to the retail version of TS22 down the track, then I would be more than happy to purchase it, paying full retail!!!. (I'm not a big fan of the "have" and the "have not's")...

Cheers, Mac...
Same here. Also the "new" price on Steam is an eye watering £54.99 and before anyone asks I'm not interested in the Netflix style arrangement.
Will bide my time until the price drops a bit or it picks up a nice discount in a seasonal sale.

To be positive yes it looks nice and seems more of an upgrade than previous re-releases but that price and no S20 I can wait a little longer.

To be positive yes it looks nice and seems more of an upgrade than previous re-releases but that price and no S20 I can wait a little longer.

All valid opinions and each is able to make their decision based on their own needs and circumstances.

I find S20 to be a significant advance for Trainz, particularly after 20+ years of using the original Surveyor (now called "Surveyor Classic") but there are two things to remember.
  1. It is still a "Work in Progress" and changes will be made to the interface, tool set and other features before it becomes available in retail Trainz versions. While this may be a deterrent for some, early adopters will gain experience and skills along with improved productivity from the new tools and UI. The Marquee and Scrapbook are two new tools that have greatly greatly impressed me.
  2. There is a long learning curve so for me it is a gradual change-over from Classic to S20 as I find my way around. Again early adopters will benefit here.

My opinions.

I am a bit Confused in that I have two version of Trainz.
Trainz+ Build:117669 and Trainz Trainz 22 Build:117655

I have not seen an update for Trainz 22 ??

I am a bit Confused in that I have two version of Trainz.
Trainz+ Build:117669 and Trainz Trainz 22 Build:117655

I have not seen an update for Trainz 22 ??

Jeff,

If you have Trainz+ you received your update already.

I think you may lose your Trainz+ if you update your TRS22. Read Tony's post carefully at the beginning.

Trainz+ Build:117669 and Trainz 22 Build:117655 - these are both the latest versions. You probably got to 117655 from your TRS19 Trainz Plus version.

There isn't much point in using TRS22 as it has everything that's in your Trainz+ version.

N3V are very keen to make sure I know that the official release has happened, during the last two days I have received the announcement email 5 times, so far. That is despite the fact that I got my copy back in December last year. I wonder how many more times my email address will get picked up in the mailing list. I do think I should cancel the subscription in each email and wait until the next newsletter is sent out and see what happens. If I don't get it then I can subscribe again but if I get multi-shot mails I might just change my email address.:D

Back