What DLC is actually available to use in TRS22?

Paulsw2

Ambling on the slow line
I'm not renewing my Trainz Plus Gold subscription when it ends on 30th Nov in favour of a retail edition of TRS22 (I think I'd rather own than rent.) I'm generally disappointed with N3V's UK DLC offer, so I won't miss most of it, but the new HST set is actually pretty good so I'd quite like to buy it (again, instead of renting). However, the relevant page to buy the HST claims, on the one hand, "Compatible with: TRS22" and on the other, "This item is only available if you own a Trainz Plus Standard or Trainz Plus Gold membership."

So question: can I buy this (as I'd like to) and run it with retail TRS22 (possibly the new Platinum edition)?

Paul

I think that means you (we) eventually are going to be able to buy it, but at this time it is in preview status for subscribers.

BR HST - Inter-City 125 & Midland Pullman is indeed available in my purchased copy of TRS22 PE.

Here is what I got when I installed it, not quite the blue and yellow paint scheme I was expecting but I don't know British paint schemes.

Last edited:
I'm not renewing my Trainz Plus Gold subscription when it ends on 30th Nov in favour of a retail edition of TRS22 (I think I'd rather own than rent.) I'm generally disappointed with N3V's UK DLC offer, so I won't miss most of it, but the new HST set is actually pretty good so I'd quite like to buy it (again, instead of renting). However, the relevant page to buy the HST claims, on the one hand, "Compatible with: TRS22" and on the other, "This item is only available if you own a Trainz Plus Standard or Trainz Plus Gold membership."

So question: can I buy this (as I'd like to) and run it with retail TRS22 (possibly the new Platinum edition)?

Paul
If you renew your annual gold subscription in November you will get TRS22 PE free to keep (you will own it).

Thanks for these very helpful replies.
BR HST - Inter-City 125 & Midland Pullman is indeed available in my purchased copy of TRS22 PE.

Here is what I got when I installed it, not quite the blue and yellow paint scheme I was expecting but I don't know British paint schemes.

That's brilliant! and definitely points me towards TRS22PE

If you renew your annual gold subscription in November you will get TRS22 PE free to keep (you will own it).
Only problem is that will cost $129.49. I've just checked - there's currently a 'two for one' deal, $69.99 for TRS22PE and I get a year's free access to Trainz Plus standard. The truth is that the other DLC just isn't worth the extra $59.50 (at the end of which you don't even own it anyway.) Maybe if they'd sorted out the Mk1 coaches, but they haven't and don't look like they ever will sadly.

This offer ends on 1st October so, unless I hear a good argument to the contrary, it looks like TRS22PE is the way forward. Yippee!

Paul

I'm looking on the page, and I don't see the HST, or the class 11 as part of the bundle. I think you may have it, because you possibly already bought a Trainz+ subscription at some point.

Last edited:
Oh! :confused: Well I'm going to buy it and we'll see. It'll be a great shame if I lose it as it's the best DLC that N3V have done.

Paul

Hi, Can I ask you how you got hold of the HST 125, please.
I have Gold so it should be there.
It is not showing up in the Content Store. I have opened a help ticket and they suggestedI search for 'smc:923' but to no avail.
Was it on the Content Store on the main first window?
I have searched everything and all variations thereof.
Not fair. I just love the ole' 125s.
Thanks
Bill

If you have Gold, it should definitely be there. I launched TRS22, clicked on 'Content Store' then did a search for 'HST' and there it was!

Sadly, I will be losing the HST next month when my Gold subscription ends. N3V - have some sense, let us buy it! :p

Paul

Ironically, there are adverts for TRS22 Platinum on either side of the blurb for the HST. They're really selling TRS22 PE aren't they?

Paul

Back