TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Vern you have an opinion and the right to express it. If N3V have done something that is not to your liking then fair criticism is warranted. But does "fair criticism" include calling anyone who has a different opinion to you, or a different set of TRS19 SP1 experiences to you, a "fanboy" (as you did in the other thread) and their opinion "drivel" (as in this thread) - and where is that "not personal"? I get it that you are angry but why take it out on a user who has had a different set of experiences to you?

If people wave the red cloak, the bull will charge...

Besides Mr Jack's comments telling people to get on with it were very dismissive and could be construed as personal against those with issues. And what would you rather I used instead of "drivel", misguided adulation? Amounts to the same thing. If the mods aren't happy with my sentiments they are free to amend/delete my posts and give me a forum holiday as they see fit, but with TRS19 reinstalling as I type this I would rather help play a part in sorting this out. Assuming N3V are listening of course.

And look what happens to the bull at the end of the fight.

So if I called your responses "pig-headed anger management" and an "inability to work through a problem" then that would be ok? There clearly are problems with some TRS19 SP1 installs - I am certainly having problems on one computer but not on another. Mr Jack is clearly not having any problems nor are others.

I doubt very much that ranting about the issues will solve them. Instead I am working through my issues methodically - much more rewarding than just snapping at those who offer different opinions.

My opinions.

Well, I thought I'd give it another try. (TRS19 SP1, 105096)
I imported a route from TANE SP4, perfect import process via CDP.

• One item marked as missing which is actually built into TANE, but as payware. Went back to TANE, substituded the asset and re-imported to TRS19.

• There were some disconnected splines on a model railway curved baseboard edge. Not very pretty, all that careful alignment work undone.

Now let's talk about the control buttons using a metaphor.

• I've got a new car, all the switches are now in the glovebox, but there is more than one glove box. I have to take my hand off the wheel to find the switch I want.

If I did upgrade to Platinum/Gold or whatever, to get the new Unified thingy, these issues will still exist won't they?

On my keyboard I have a bank of editable special keys, I programmed them with the keystrokes for undo etc.
Still a nuisance to use and not as swift as a slight mouse movement, click and move on.

So it's back to TANE SP4 and TRS19 100240 for me whilst we wait for a response from N3V.

Forgot to mention, I am left handed, keystroke combos are a nuisance to do.

• !! Now I find that protrack does not animate in surveyor!!

Last edited:
Some investigation.

I have both Plus and Non Plus, Non Plus I have on 100240, It's also backed up. So updated 100240 to 105096 to see what happened, that went OK however presumably as I have a Plus Account it acquired the Plus label. It has the Pause menu entries for both Driver and Surveyor. So Un-pausing in Surveyor works in my 105096 Plus. However, it's somewhat obvious from all the comments on here that 105096 without TRAINZ+ on the Launcher screen is missing the pause menu entries. Those with Plus 105096 saying there isn't a problem are not helping. ;o) Plus users should be on 105100!
All seems a bit messy to me and probably not what was intended.
As the problem is with 105096 Non Plus members installs, I suggest those users raise bug reports ASAP.

And look what happens to the bull at the end of the fight.

So if I called your responses "pig-headed anger management" and an "inability to work through a problem" then that would be ok? There clearly are problems with some TRS19 SP1 installs - I am certainly having problems on one computer but not on another. Mr Jack is clearly not having any problems nor are others.

I doubt very much that ranting about the issues will solve them. Instead I am working through my issues methodically - much more rewarding than just snapping at those who offer different opinions.

My opinions.

Thank you for the kind words.
It was never my intent to demean others only to point out that I believe, all problems with the completed new install are related to ones own computer management.
Issues with the interface are a matter of personal preference.
Isuues with built in routes are sessions should be raised as a suspected fault.
I am away at present however as previously stated I ran my own route sessions all day on Sunday without fault other than those of my own scheduling creation.
Once again Seasons Greeting, wishing all at NV3 a very restfull and rejuvenated return to business in the New Year.

Some investigation.

I have both Plus and Non Plus, Non Plus I have on 100240, It's also backed up. So updated 100240 to 105096 to see what happened, that went OK however presumably as I have a Plus Account it acquired the Plus label. It has the Pause menu entries for both Driver and Surveyor. So Un-pausing in Surveyor works in my 105096 Plus. However, it's somewhat obvious from all the comments on here that 105096 without TRAINZ+ on the Launcher screen is missing the pause menu entries. Those with Plus 105096 saying there isn't a problem are not helping. ;o) Plus users should be on 105100!
All seems a bit messy to me and probably not what was intended.
As the problem is with 105096 Non Plus members installs, I suggest those users raise bug reports ASAP.

There is also a "Pause" issue in 105096 Plus edition. If you return to Driver after being in Surveyor you are in Pause. If if you miss that and you start issuing Driver Commands nothing happens (as would be expected in "Pause") but then if you see the Pause and Unpause and try to issue a Navigate to driver command you get no window to do so. Then if you somehow "refocus" on your loco all previous attempts to Navigate To show up. I sent this to N3V as a Bug Report with specific instructions on how to replicate.

Last edited:
There is also a "Pause" issue in 105096 Plus edition.

I think that this is the cause of some of the confusion but not all the problems. It seems that both the TRS19 SP1 "Classic Edition" and the TRS19 SP1 "Plus Edition" have the same build number, 105096. That also happened in one of the beta builds and caused confusion there as well. Beta testers who had the Plus Edition were telling other beta testers who had the Classic Edition to Unpause Surveyor to resolve some issues when the Classic Edition had no such Surveyor option.

As I understand it, the programming code for both editions is identical (hence the same build number) and it uses the UserID to determine whether or not the user gets the Plus or Classic features.

Sorry if my post above in #137 has been talked about in other threads. I don't have time to search 60 million title that show up when you do a search of a topic.

I was able to fix my game problem by installing the dll. by finding it though an internet search.
I found and followed the directions to manually install the file to the proper location in the windows system file
It took a few minutes to do and everything works now

Side note:
Instead of everyone getting all mad at each other. maybe we should help one another instead of all this name calling.

Anyway
Have fun and enjoy

Last edited:
Xinput1_4.dll is a Windows program, not N3V's. Whether the TRS19 install has removed it or something else has happened to it, I cannot say. Similar things have happened in the past and not just with Trainz.

But I would suggest doing a search for Xinput1_4.dll for a remedy - I would only trust Microsoft sites for this.

Yup I followed what you said and also checked my other computer.
On the other computer that version of 19 has no issues as I did not update that one to the latest update yet.

The dll file is in that system like it should be, so who knows what happened.

All I know it that after I upgraded it gave an error every time I started the game on the one machine.

Thank you pware: for your help

Last edited:
I think that this is the cause of some of the confusion but not all the problems. It seems that both the TRS19 SP1 "Classic Edition" and the TRS19 SP1 "Plus Edition" have the same build number, 105096. That also happened in one of the beta builds and caused confusion there as well. Beta testers who had the Plus Edition were telling other beta testers who had the Classic Edition to Unpause Surveyor to resolve some issues when the Classic Edition had no such Surveyor option.

As I understand it, the programming code for both editions is identical (hence the same build number) and it uses the UserID to determine whether or not the user gets the Plus or Classic features.

Yes, this is exactly the reason I considered this update not worth the risk of installing. I didn't have any of the problems that the major bug fixes addressed and I knew there was all sorts of mostly untested code included but disabled. In practice, the idea of being able to "turn off" code is tricky business. Unless you have fully compartmentalized all the new code so that it doesn't effect the old code when it is turned off you are asking for trouble. Clearly this was not successfully done hence all the non-subscriber users having problems.

I'm guessing that the Platinum edition does not have the conditional code hence the reason it is a dead end branch from the main code base and will not receive any future updates. Sadly, since there is no way for Steam users like myself to re-install the older working version I'm stuck with the problems. What is even worse is new users buying TRS19 while it is part of Steam's Christmas sale will likely encounter these problems and give TRS19 negative reviews.

William

Now this is odd. I start up the SP1 version and I'm offered a menu with all the full version TS2019 routes and DLC needing to be downloaded again; - only I've got the Uk version so if I download most of that it's going to come up as being 'payware not active' or whatever the tag is in Content Manager. I purchased all the DLC that was of any interest to me a while ago and now I'm wondering why I need to download it again.
If I don't click the 'download all' box I have to download what is relevant to my install one part at a time which is going to be a long winded nuisance. And I guess yet another database rebuild will follow afterwards just to spread a bit more joy around. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it and if I should just delete this install as a bad experiment and go back to my Classic pre-SP1 install where everything works as I want it to.

Edit: I've just discovered that I can queue the downloads I want so perhaps the day of execution (deletion) might get postponed for another time.

Last edited:
Is this in the "classic" SP1 edition or the "plus" SP1? And is this the "normal" in game downloader or is a new menu window you are seeing? The "Platinum Edition" has the new Content Store Downloader. It's not that is it? (There are still issues with the Content Store)

Last edited:
This is the Classic SP1 version that I've got. No platinum, no plus, just the tin..... sorry I mean the Classic version.

And it's the normal black menu that turns up at the splash screen.

Last edited:
That's odd. I can only say that when I installed 105096 it flipped automatically to the Plus version (surprise, surprise) but my Asset Download window remained exactly as it was last time I used 100240. In my case, that is everything I had selected in my content vault but not downloaded in game yet. Not much help to you since I'm on Plus and can no longer see a "classic" install.

Thanks for the thought though. But seriously what a mess with so many TS2019 versions that are different from one another in details and coding. I've already noted the lack of an unpause button in surveyor due to a coding error for those of us who don't subscribe and have the tinware Classic version, - so I'm wondering what else is going to turn up next.

I have the "full" version of TRS19. My update to 105096 installed ok, but about a dozen built-in items/routes showed "faulty built-in" items. A database repair sorted them out. For a day or so, everything seemed to be going ok.

Today, I installed another large route & session from the DLS, along with some additional .cdp's. After starting TRS19, I was prompted to re-download all my DLC again. This included the extra routes that I thought where already built into the full version of TRS19. (I am not sure whether or not I have done something wrong, to cause this). I don't think so, but who knows!!!

I'm trying another database repair, hoping that this might sort the problem out again. If it doesn't, I'm going to count to 100, then take a sledge hammer to my computer!!! (I learnt about counting to 100 in my anger management classes)...
:hehe:

Happy festive season to everyone & for those that need too, please lighten up... :D

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
I might have to have a re-think about SP1. I was doing some testing along the Cornish mainline (as you do) with one of my ancient legacy engines and just see how nice my old legacy de Glehn compound looks. Its very old texturing looks just fine and better than it did under the pre-SP1 version. I own a lot of ancient (but very nice) legacy steam engines and I was concerned that the mods to the graphics engine might not do them any good. So yes I'm a happy camper.

iJPkHJC.jpg

To all those getting prompted to re-download assets, this is NOT necessary unless the assets are missing or just messed up. The code that keeps track of downloads has nothing to do with rebuilding the database. If everything is working correctly either just ignore the downloader or right click on items and choose Remove selected. That removes items from the list but doesn't uninstall it from your game. If you download items twice you might end up with more than one set of the packages for the items of DLC. This just wastes hard drive space and can cause the dreaded Payware Installed but not active error.

William

The DLC downloads are all over the place. I spent over an hour this morning acquiring assets from the DLS which had failed to come down when I reinstalled yesterday an had not one but two instances of the DLC box trying to run.

Now opened the game this afternoon and it is running again. I am letting it run as a few of the missing assets are not on the DLS but it is a total mess.

I'm guessing no one from N3V will be at work until after Boxing Day at best or even the New Year. Really great timing to put out a major update that has serious issues in need of an urgent hotfix or three!

Probably the usual "Holiday" server glitches. Or just needs a Database Repair.
Not the latest builds but previously what was missing after patching mysteriously re-appeared a day or so later. I'm inclined to think that those updating from Betas have less problems than those having 2GB patches as in several small patches versus one large one. Theory being that the large patches or New Installs and import of Userdata take longer to install and if after TRS19 or TANE has finished, you then check disk activity via Resource Monitor there is clearly some disk caching going on after the initial DBR has finished, which for a large patch takes longer than you might expect, especially if not using a SSD, that may be why people are seeing things missing as Windows hasn't finished it's disk caching.

Back