TRS22 SP3, what's the changelog?

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Booting up TRS22 I see that SP3 is now available. What's the changelog for this new version? (For me the update that's available is to TRS22 PE 123797, which is Mac Trainz Store version)

Lol. 9GB? Hopefully this is an important patch...but to be honest I didn't notice much with TRS22 SP2 (still haven't downloaded any HD Terrain routes), so it might just be bug fixes. We'll see though

The thread announcing the latest Trainz+ update and SP3. For the most part it's improvements to Mac, Clutter 2.0 and controller support are the main things that come over in my opinion

that's not a changelog, that's marketing jargon. i mean a full list of every change, every bugfix, every new feature, which we've gotten for previous updates but not this one. there are many bugs SP2 introduced that i'd like to see listed as "fixed" in a complete changelog.

The provided info wasn't the best in the world. My Plus beta stream 123315 updated to 123794 very quickly with no fanfare and no problems. 123794 is now listed in MyTrainz as the current Retail edition so I assume Plus beta stream and Plus retail are the same until the next beta update. Nothing was even said in the Trains Plus Beta forum about the release even though my beta stream provided the update.

Change log needs to be updated with another portion of issues introduced:
- more broken content
- broken default traffic lights which do not open after train passed, so the next trains are stuck
- many users noticed it's not even launched for them. At all.

Brilliant update (no)

And now with this new update Trainz locks up gameplay that you have to task manager it... and no I'm not going to waste time to put a bug report in just to get a reply they can't reproduce it - I don't have time to beta test their game as I have enough on my plate with real life things.
So glad I only use updated copies of Trainz for testing my content with and my content creation is still TRS22 SP1...

Cheers

I haven't noticed anything different, other then the fact that I can now run philskenes HD terrain route in compatibility mode without getting a blank map, with a warning that HD editing is disabled.
image.png

Apart from broken Loco headboards names and running numbers etc. I have noticed a good thing with the update...
I can actually use the new DLC TRS19 track without having 'Invalid spline' errors placing signals etc.

Apart from broken Loco headboards names and running numbers etc. I have noticed a good thing with the update...
I can actually use the new DLC TRS19 track without having 'Invalid spline' errors placing signals etc.
That's actually a bug that's been elusive and absolutely difficult to find. I reported this back in late T: ANE or early TRS19. My tracks became a non-track but not roads either. The solution is to go into content manager and open the tracks for editing, that is all except for built-in or DLC content, and then submit the track assets again.

The headboard issue was reported during the beta testing, but somehow wasn't repaired. But why?

That's actually a bug that's been elusive and absolutely difficult to find. I reported this back in late T: ANE or early TRS19. My tracks became a non-track but not roads either. The solution is to go into content manager and open the tracks for editing, that is all except for built-in or DLC content, and then submit the track assets again.

The headboard issue was reported during the beta testing, but somehow wasn't repaired. But why?
Honestly, it's one of those mysteries that still baffles me. It's almost as if Dev mode is enabled when it shouldn't be... I just wish the kinks could be ironed out for at least 1 update. then again, I s'pose I'll just have to wait for the content authors to put out updates.

dundun --

My HD layout. The HD terrain and textures are there. What's happened to the track?

Phil
Hi Phil. There were several missing deps on my end, including some tracks and textures, so a lot of the assets were missing in the route.

Phil... As info only... I'm using TrainzPlus and was on latest beta release (1233150 when the new release (123794) came out last weekend. In build 123794 MSGSapper's SAP_Industrial_Machinery_28_PBR has errors. <kuid:439337:108237> VE107 "The high detail meshes total more than 10000 polygons." This, of course, puts the big red exclamation mark on the in game route tiles and session tiles. (icon) Again.. As info only....

Back