Trainz Plus Beta Mac & PC - 122733 & 122734 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download was a bit slower this time, first drive gave a crash after 43 seconds

This build looks a lot like the Alpha of TLR I tried
only improvement, the active driver now has a grey background instead of blue
more in line with the rest of the interface.
The basic TLR function in kickstarter2 session seems to work, though I feel some drivers fight over a junction,
then seem to backup and drive longtime backwards, not like it would be in real operation.

I like the the idea of TLR, but the interfaces leave a lot to be desired

This build seems to have trouble loading splines on bigger routes,
first you just see ground texture and trees then after too long time Track and other splines slow appear
this was much better in previous builds.
Besides this, still the broken track vs groundtextures, it was good in build 100240 and is good in HD mode
why not make it good in all modes?

A route saved in Km/h, suddenly is Mps in driver even if in options it is set at session default.

TLR will be fun once its fully developed, specially waiting for passenger functionality.
good luck developing
greetings GM

This is the first time that I've had a look and tried TLR and it looks very promising.

Two issues that stood out initially for me in this build was 1: it seemed to have faulted a lot of my third party loco's (mainly RRMods I think). This is a separate backup copy so it's ok and 2: I used the Kickstarter 2 TRS22 route and when the box cars were being loaded, the wrong door on the box car would open. The door on the opposite side of the platform/industry opened and not the door on the side of the platform/industry.

As I mentioned, it looks very promising and I look forward to where this is going.

Craig

Question: do you plan to release at least some of the bugfixes to the "mainstream" Trainz Plus (build 122411)? I experienced four game crashes in the last days while editing the tracks (loosing some of my work), the broken superelevation is also a blocker. I'd appreciate not having to wait months until the end of TLR beta tests to make the already released game more stable.

I can't do anything with this beta, just freezes up all the time in Driver. Like watching a slide show at 1/4 speed. Lowered my vid settings which i do not usually have to do with TS22, everything is normally maxed out except for shadows (high). This is in regards to getting something working TLR wise with the ECML. Scrolling in and out (zoom) is almost impossible.

While running "Dispatchin' the Action"... I turned all Drivers on Auto Dispatch and off they would go... I had more trains shoving the consists than i did pulling. Trains shoved across the whole map rather than doing a simple run-around in the yard or available siding. And rather than wait 30 seconds for another train to pass and clear a train would run backwards for miles and then move forrward again.

I realize this is all due to setup and commands... just saying.. not a very well designed session to show off TLR

Got it working on the Dundee route. Same here consists didn't deliver the coal to the power station i wanted them to. Loads of wrong road running and reversing. Plus at the coal mine the loco's coupled to the coal consists, but just departed without loading the wagons. Even though they are designated to haul coal (HEA) and i set the mine to maximum production and the power station to maximum consumption.

Received a reply back from QA, the loosing the data folder is a known issue due to renaming of the app. I think other users should know if they upgrade, they should hit skip on the performance and then reselect their data folder.

While running "Dispatchin' the Action"... I turned all Drivers on Auto Dispatch and off they would go... I had more trains shoving the consists than i did pulling. Trains shoved across the whole map rather than doing a simple run-around in the yard or available siding. And rather than wait 30 seconds for another train to pass and clear a train would run backwards for miles and then move forrward again.

I realize this is all due to setup and commands... just saying.. not a very well designed session to show off TLR
I used the local freight session to experiment with the TLR function and just added locos and rolling stock. It seems to work a bit smoother. TLR still have a lot of limitations as noted by windwalkr. All in all I'm impressed by the programming so far. It would be nice to be able to check on industry settings without flying all over the map, perhaps a dialogue with a listing of all the industries on the map where you can click on the name and it opens the industry setup screen.

Yeah.. I do realized the operation is only as good as session setup. There is a lot of possibility there I believe. One would just think that since they mention Dispatch' the Action as a session that is setup for TLR that a better "first impression" would have been considered. It will be interesting to see how well things can be setup..

Yeah.. I do realized the operation is only as good as session setup. There is a lot of possibility there I believe. One would just think that since they mention Dispatch' the Action as a session that is setup for TLR that a better "first impression" would have been considered. It will be interesting to see how well things can be setup..
I think they suggested that session mostly because it had lots of different rolling stock and locos available in it for TLR to dispatch to the industries. Odd thing is that I let it run for 10 hours and other than box cars and hopper cars. TLR never dispatched any driver to handle any of the other loads. However, with the route and the session I mentioned earlier, I was able to get it to use flat cars, tank cars, box cars, hopper cars to handle all the needs of the industries. It did require a bit of real time tweaking of the industries setups but it was very interesting.

wreeder... Several of the drivers have no TLR tasks assigned in that session.

dak4482.. Under "Session Options" (window menu) you need to "Enable" TLR. The open Driver Control Center and set each player to Automatic Scheduler. In the Driver panel clicking "view driver detail" will open a driver window and show the TLR commands and other info. Note a poor interface here... if you open muliple Driver info windows they just stack on top of each other with no offset. You need to manually move the windows.

Last edited:
ok. thx also is there a listing of what error messages mean in the log file. After this update have HUNDREDS of error messgaes similar to:

? <NULL> : TADTaskThread::ThreadExec

? <NULL> : Checking for faulty assets

? <kuid:109664:100844> : Validating <kuid:109664:100844>

? <NULL> : Performing asset precache

; <kuid:109664:100844> : Mismatch: Payload mismatch on: matSpecular

; <kuid:109664:100844> : Mismatch: payloads: (0.176471,0.176471,0.176471,0.176471) != (0.058824,0.058824,0.058824,0.058824)

! <kuid:109664:100844> : VE186: Material 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-A9||kuid 109664 100844.tzarc|mesh_body**main.m.tbumptex' is shared between multiple chunks in this asset but the material parameters conflict.

; <kuid:109664:100844> : Mismatch: Payload mismatch on: matSpecular

; <kuid:109664:100844> : Mismatch: payloads: (0.176471,0.176471,0.176471,0.176471) != (0.058824,0.058824,0.058824,0.058824)

! <kuid:109664:100844> : VE186: Material 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-A9||kuid 109664 100844.tzarc|mesh_body**main.m.tbumptex' is shared between multiple chunks in this asset but the material parameters conflict.

What do these mean?

Also a bunch of:
NULL> : Interface.Print> 'stopVehicle = 6'

; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'A'

; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'stopVehicle = 6'

; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'stopVehicle = 6'

; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'stopVehicle =
Any help here? MY Route (not kickstarter) is running fine but concerned about all these messages. Word file of log consumed 250+ pages!!!!!

Dan

Just ignore and continue...

From the release note:
Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)

Having a lot of trouble trying to install this patch. Never had problems before, just comes up with an error failed to install.

Would a clean install be advisable. If so which file should I back up for re-installation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dave.

Further information.....

Failed to download installation data.

Details,

Result: _ 12. Path:'F:/patch.bin'.URL:

'http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs23_q1/540/leb11d7e1ebe10d7bfaf20bd9453bbda.bin'

This is after a further attempt to download today.

Last edited:
If all else fails, do a fresh install but before you do that, try this first.

Exclude Patch Installer.exe which is found in the folder where TRS22 is installed - C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022, from your antivirus scan.

Run Patch Installer manually. You recognize the interface when you start it.

FYI: The initial DBR run will NOT have a progress bar. Let the program run for a while for the process to complete. You can check on the progress by clicking on Developer on the Launcher top bar and choosing Show Logs

The Download was quick while the DBR took some time. Let it run overnight as it was late. Did a search for the session "dispatchin' the action" found it, applied the suggested changes and after setting every driver to automatic scheduler, sat back and watched the action.

First impression, looks good. Can see great potential once I understand more about the nuts and bolts of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back