Trainz Plus Beta Mac & PC - 122733 & 122734 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3v_laurence

With HD Terrain now released, we are now preparing the next release featuring Trainz Living Railroad. This Beta release has Trainz Living Railroad enabled and is ready for testing with all your unique content.

This phase, Trainz Living Railroad (TLR) features an Automatic Dispatch which will assign AI commands to consists or locos to carry out basic Freight Operations.

To test out TLR follow these steps:
  • Select a session which meets the requirements for Living Railroad.
  • As an example, built-in session <kuid:661281:110095> 03 Dispatchin' the Action - can be used
  • From the Windows Menu click on Select Session Options
  • Click on “Living Railroad Dispatch” and select "Enabled"
  • Close the Session Option Window
  • Open the Driver List (the icon is found bottom left of the screen)
  • The currently selected Driver will be highlighted grey
  • To enable a Driver to be used by TLR Dispatch, click on the dropdown list and assign to Automatic Scheduler
Further information about Trainz Living Railroad can be found here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/trainz-living-railroad

Key Features:
  • Trainz Living Railroad is enabled
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac

Change Log:
  • Living Railroad Dispatch Option enabled under Session Options
  • Selected Driver now is highlighted grey (Formerly blue)
  • Fix - Grade applies to track during placement
  • Fix - Superelevation can now be correctly set to track
  • Automatic Dispatch task can be paused and resumed from Driver properties menu
  • Minor UI tweaks and fixes
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac

Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Eyedropper does not change Brush tool selected texture
  • Selecting texture after using eyedropper changes S20 Tool to Asset Placement Tool
  • Content Packages - Fail to apply changes due to new content set
  • MPS is currently unsupported for this build
  • Some AMD GPUs may encounter minor flickering shadows
  • Some Nvidia GPUs may encounter RenderServerManagerDirectX11::CreateSwapChain Assertion Error if Trainz window is resized which will result in Trainz freezing.
    • ** If encounter this error please submit a bug report listing your system hardware**
  • Mac: Update will cause the local data folder location to be reset: Work around, after the update, reassign the local data folder assigned to the build.

REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC & Mac Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 122411 (PC). This is a large patch 9.2 GiB for build 122734

Mac: Requires Trainz Plus 122431 (Mac). This is a large patch 9.2 GiB for build 122733
Note: A new local data folder is created when running the Mac patch

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
Mac: Downloaded quickly, and installed. Opening it up, it wanted me to select performance settings. Actually says Trains Plus on menu bar. Not sure how long it said that. Waited a bit for database changes, but didn't come. Then starting Trainz, it wanted User name and password. Oh. Canceled that. Went back to settings, to change data folder to my external drive. Hit browse, to find myself in the right data folder. Hit ok. Restart Trainz. Assert messages, hit ignore and continue. Then nothing. Then tried start Trainz again, to find it now says waiting on database repair. As this is a separate install, not that big of a deal if things get wiped. Will see how long this takes.

Not that long at all to finish database checking/repairs. One bug is playing sound in menus, with that option on or off.

Bug report for music in menus and data folder has been submitted.

Last edited:
Mac: Downloaded quickly, and installed. Opening it up, it wanted me to select performance settings. Actually says Trains Plus on menu bar. Not sure how long it said that. Waited a bit for database changes, but didn't come. Then starting Trainz, it wanted User name and password. Oh. Canceled that. Went back to settings, to change data folder to my external drive. Hit browse, to find myself in the right data folder. Hit ok. Restart Trainz. Assert messages, hit ignore and continue. Then nothing. Then tried start Trainz again, to find it now says waiting on database repair. As this is a separate install, not that big of a deal if things get wiped. Will see how long this takes.

Not that long at all to finish database checking/repairs. One bug is playing sound in menus, with that option on or off.

Bug report for music in menus and data folder has been submitted.
I've confirmed a fresh local data folder is being created after running the update on Mac. This explains the performance settings prompt. To restore the old one, select skip and reassign the previous local data folder under Trainz settings.

Toggling the "Play sound in menus" correctly applied once the Settings page was closed.

Hello,

For this experiment I made a copy of my existing TRS22+ program in a new folder.
It starts, but I get no option to change the update stream in the Trainz Settings / Install menu. ??
In the original installation this option is available.
??
Maybe I should just use a new user data folder from the earlier installation, but I wanted to keep the two entirely separate, program and data.
Thanks for help.

Regards,
Paul

I've confirmed a fresh local data folder is being created after running the update on Mac. This explains the performance settings prompt. To restore the old one, select skip and reassign the previous local data folder under Trainz settings.

Toggling the "Play sound in menus" correctly applied once the Settings page was closed.
Further, the sound is only in the menu to select driver/surveyor, my collection, etc. The sound did go away, but exiting that menu window, and going back, the sound is back, but settings for music in menus is disabled. I normally have music in menus off. I have to turn on music in menus, exit settings, go back in settings, turn off music in menus, and exit settings.

I don't remember seeing an option to skip the performance setup. I will need to check. ***** Ok, there is an option to skip. I probably missed this option for years.

Last edited:
I'm running the recommended session and only one driver is being allocated tasks by the dispatcher. That is Dennis in the SW1500. Is there a limit? The other three drivers are assigned to the automatic scheduler but are remaining at idle.

Hello,

In Kickstarter country I have flashing lights on trees everywhere, and even lightning striking from trees to trees in the session. What is this?
It does not change with the video settings High or Ultra.

The locomotives run, however. Four of them run now, three idling.

Paul

Hello,

In Kickstarter country I have flashing lights on trees everywhere, and even lightning striking from trees to trees in the session. What is this?
It does not change with the video settings High or Ultra.

The locomotives run, however. Four of them run now, three idling.

Paul
Same here

This update is really not ready for prime time. I test out each update by building a yard. With this build I can not attacht tracks to each other.
I use several tools the make the process easy, ie spacer with double end attachment points so that track can be dragged enmass. None of the tools are working. Once track is placed, it can only be moved. I have yet to be able to attach another track to it. So building a yard is useless with this. Also I can use the selection tool, But it gives me an error when attempting to place object. Also attempting to place and object brings and error popup window. There have been so many.

This update is really not ready for prime time. I test out each update by building a yard. With this build I can not attacht tracks to each other.
I use several tools the make the process easy, ie spacer with double end attachment points so that track can be dragged enmass. None of the tools are working. Once track is placed, it can only be moved. I have yet to be able to attach another track to it. So building a yard is useless with this. Also I can use the selection tool, But it gives me an error when attempting to place object. Also attempting to place and object brings and error popup window. There have been so many.
What exactly are the errors you are seeing? Providing the errors here in the forums and in a bug-report helps the developers and us know what's going on. When you send in a bug report, provide as many details as you can on the problem and what the issue is and what you did to cause and or resolve the problem.

If you are seeing the quirky things in Trainz as you are, we highly recommend running a database repair.

Close Trainz.
At the Launcher, click on the Developer menu item and choose Repair database.
Depending upon how much content you have installed, the process can take anywhere from a few minutes to much longer.

It took me about 10 minutes between the download and the DB repair. I used a backed up content folder. The above scenario works really well.
With that said, The Loading screen took along time to load. This build doesn't feel stable. What i mean by that, All the menu's are extremely laggy with my framerates dropping off about 20 FPS. I plan on testing the above scenario more over the weekend. TLR was extremely easy to set up. Once I set all train's to Auto, all but one took off to do it's chores. I Assume TLR only works for built in routes. The menu sounds play even with the box unchecked. I also did the Industrial mayhem scenario with the hump yard. Once i set the single train in the scenario to Auto, The Humping finished in auto mode without incident. Thank You N3V for the new forums. They look amazing, And i appreciate everything you have done for all of us here At the Trainz Community.

After restarting Trainz a couple times, FPS went back to normal. I just spent about 10 hours with TLR on my personal routes. As long as Industries are setup correctly TLR is alot of fun. I setup yard locos while driving a train and watching the yard work. It's a whole new experience to enjoy.

Last edited:
I Assume TLR only works for built in routes.

No, it can operate on any route, but this is the first TLR step of many to come and it has significant limitations which may make it ineffective on some routes. If you find TLR ineffective on a given route, you have two real choices there currently:
1. Adapt the route to avoid the TLR limitations.
2. Wait until a later development phase, where your specific bugbears have been addressed.

Downloaded quickly at 69.9Mib/s but no visible DBR following restart. Prebuild took longer than usual, as did the "Environment loading' (Please wait!!!!)
Menu sounds persist, even though turned off in settings. Does a restart fix this? (About to find out - and whether 2nd load time improves over the initial one.)
Unfortunately the restart did NOT kill the unwanted menu sounds, but died once I attempted to edit a route. Main Menu reloaded faster however.
Shader compiling takes longer than usual (as forewarned) so navigation upon opening any route for edit takes much longer too.
Looking forward to seeing what progress has been made on TLR operations. Thanks and cheers!

Last edited:
The initial DBR didn't show a progress window. Manually starting a DBR, after finishing of the initial DBR, did show the progress window.

Peter

My observations after watching TLR run on the KSC 2 TRS22 route for about 10 hours. In general, I'm impressed by the coding which seems to work remarkably well within its limitations. The framework is certainly there to build upon. For example, in one instance I had two drivers working at the same time using the Local Freight session. One driver had made a delivery to Ricochet Freight and was leaving the yard area while the other driver was arriving to make a delivery to the same location. They met at the crossover where under normal AI control there would have been a stalemate of both drivers wanting to take the crossover. The dispatcher calculated a new path for the arriving train which took it straight past the yard and then backed in the Ricochet siding. Amazing.

However, there does appear to be a tendency to form loops where drivers are repeatably assigned to go between the same two locations until either the source is drained of product or the destination is full and leaves some cars still loaded. This could have to do with the queues of the industries needing to be balanced better and have more diversity of goods produced and consumed.

I did note one odd behavior. A driver sent to Rubycon to make a delivery would be stalled at the tri-headed signal at the entrance of the trackwork to reach the warehouse siding. You could see the turnouts being set to the correct path and the signal change to allow the driver to proceed but it would instantly change back to all red as one of the turnouts would flip back to the wrong direction. It was as if control of the turnout was being contested by another AI entity. You could take manual control and change the interface to see the dispatcher programmed driver commands which would then run and the same commands would successfully set the turnouts and the train would proceed to complete the delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back