Yesterdayz iPortaling

KenRuof

Anyone interested in doing vintage US iPortaling say from 1900~1960 at the latest? I am in the process of building a Pennsylvania style freelance route and am looking for friends to iPortal with. I have a group but most if not all of them are modern.

Thanks

With iPortal, another person has to have all the assets that you are sending him a train consist of.
I never understood what iPortal between friends was all about, other than: "Suprise ... Here comes the Amtrak #41 out of one of your portals" ... as you really can't see the other persons route on your monitor.

I use iPortal to send a train off of my route, so as to get rid of it, and to store it on another unopened iPortal route on my own PC.

With iPortal, another person has to have all the assets that you are sending him a train consist of.
I never understood what iPortal between friends was all about, other than: "Suprise ... Here comes the Amtrak #41 out of one of your portals" ... as you really can't see the other persons route on your monitor.

I use iPortal to send a train off of my route, so as to get rid of it, and to store it on another unopened iPortal route on my own PC.
That is not a problem as we coordinate between each other on what equipment to expect.

I never understood what iPortal between friends was all about...

I think the concept is pretty cool. when you do it right, your route can act as a segment of a larger thing.
Say, person 1 made a yard and sends out a wayfreight to you. It would drop off cars on your segment and will pick up cars for the next segment on person 3s computer. So you can have a working railroad without building the whole thing yourself.
In model railroading terms, it would be "active staging".

Haven tried it myself yet, but would be interested.

We generally treat it like I have railroad abc you have railroad xyz I need certain commodities and you produce them so you send me car with said commodity. Likewise if I produce a commodity you can use I will send you cars loaded with it. The more people we have the more verity is in the mix. This is flexible if we have a third I(or more) railroad you can send me cars for the third one and I can forward them to the next route.

hmmm..... Might be interested...... and I think I can find some steam or early diesel that would fit in this time frame.......

Will it use payware assets and will it be specific to the PRR? TS12, or TS2010?

Payware not in general unless the people involved already have the assets. The equipment does not have to be on the DLS, but it should be reasonable in getting (I hate KUID hunting)!

I happen to be doing Pennsylvania railroad, you can do whatever one you want except PRR since I already have it.

I am running TS12 latest not so greatest, as long as the commodities and equipment will run in TS2010 and TS12 there should not be a problem.

hmmm..... Might be interested...... and I think I can find some steam or early diesel that would fit in this time frame.......
He's alive!!! good to hear from you James, so far everything except PRR, P&LE or is that P&WV are open. I am still working on the route so there is still some time before we start

What rolling stock would you be using. I can back date my small route I have now and run steam. I even have a railroad in mind.

mmmm well if ATSF is taken I may have to find another..... thou I would like to run Santa Fe this time. I have some assets in mind and will soon have a route ready . Other wise I may see what I can put together with unmarked locomotives

Well, UP is gone so I'll take the DT&I, N&W, SOU, RF&P, NYC, or Wabash, whichever I can find more content for. I'll report with info later.

EDIT: I'll take the DT&I.

Last edited:
Can we use Jointedrail Freeware and RRMods? If so count me in... Can I build the ATSF and Southern Pacific railroads or can we only have one?
I have no problems with Jointedrail or RRMods as long as it in vintage and as stated before no KUID hunting. As for ATSF Jamesfaa has that one but Southern Pacific is open.

Remember they must be freeware, unless all of the iPortalers have them... Also, Conrail is a little modern for 1900-1960's, it was started in 1976...

Remember they must be freeware, unless all of the iPortalers have them... Also, Conrail is a little modern for 1900-1960's, it was started in 1976...
Yes Conrail is to modern, as the title says yesterdayz 1900 to 1960's would prefer 1940 give or take.

What rolling stock would you be using. I can back date my small route I have now and run steam. I even have a railroad in mind.

The rolling stock I have so far is 1940s~1950's mostly by majekear, whitepass all CMTP usable. Nothing has been set in stone yet as I am looking for interest participants for now. Pick what you want as long as it is within the time period.

Last edited:
I would be interested in running the Union Pacific can put together route that will work for it.

OK so Charles has UP

Following railroads are represented
Ken = PRR
James = ATSF
JIb = Pere Marquette
mcguirel = P&LE or P&WV (when available)
Charles34 = UP

Last edited:
Back