Dragons Pass Railroad 2023

VIA6415

Canaidan Route Builter
After abit of time (5 years or so) and a lot of consideration, I decided to revisit my old DPR map and rebuild it from the ground up. many of you arnt aware of the route and those who us you who remember it know all too well where I'm going with this so I'll just get right into it. I'm not going to bore you with the sap story as it has already been posted more times than I can remember.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The route is going to brot into the new modern world with more modern and practical locomotives and rolling stock, I'm ditching the "crap" content as it's just outdated and most of it is full of unfixable errors and sooner or later becomes unusable in trainz, as we all know trainz updates and ruins older content that ends up long forgotten.

So what will happen to the custom models? I'll only be keeping the bust-looking models the GX-2 690s and propane switchers will stay while the rest will be sent to the scrap yard for permanent retirement. I will be looking at new models and anyone with the skills to make custom reskins "My reskins suck known fact", I'll post updates as progress goes on over the next few years.
As for the map size, it will be smaller and more manageable as well as cleaned up. I plan on doing away with the extra bulk and making it DLS-friendly with no more hair-pulling missing kuids.
Any questions if you wish to take part send me a pm.
Bewell Foks

Progress Shots: The changes to the map are as follows everything south of Iorn Vellay is gone! all unused tiles were deleted and unfinished tracks were removed. Iron Vellay is the endpoint and getting updated. This is one of many spots to be changed.

The size has been greatly changed now and still has a lot of miles I removed the unused parts
New-DPR-Map.jpg

Bottom of the shot the track was extended for a possible expectation at a later date.

Last edited:
I forgot this guy was even here, He sat here alone awhile and hadn't seen a train in some time. The former mainline sat quiet for years thinking it was time to give him a new home. (former main removed V6.0)

That's better now he gets some railfanning in.

Years Ago I built these locomotives to be propane switchers for Dragons Pass as a concept idea to explore the idea of propane as a fuel for locomotives, honestly, I had no idea what I was doing the models turned out not half bad but the engine files suck as they have no breaking or pulling power at less for me. I plan to swap out the old file to a sw1500 engine that's more realistic for a small locomotive.

I have been working on updates to the GX locomotives this is being done in 2 phases, phase 1 is changing some texture F-ups, removing the crap horn and cursed engine sounds, along with some of the paintwork, Phase 2 will be turning the mesh into TS23 compatible meshes this is beyond my current gmax skill level I'll need help with fixing that mess, that's a hole another beast of its own more James skill level than mine. I like these models they were a pain to build, not many made custom locomotives from the ground up and have them look like a locomotive that a railroad would use.

you got some scenery Clipping in a few of those shots i would work on those areas first before you even continue with the work your doing so you have a Better representation of the work your doing along with Representing the route better.... I know this is virtual railroading but you got to focus more on making the route standout instead of being lack luster kind of work... Pictures show more that you missed then looking at it in person before taking the picture..... Take this advice from someone that has been playing trainz for almost 20 years and building routes for half that time... If you need somebody to look at the work your doing and spot areas that need more work done just ask the Veteran players who have been playing the game since it came out we are here to help.. just my two cents worth

you got some scenery Clipping in a few of those shots i would work on those areas first before you even continue with the work your doing so you have a Better representation of the work your doing along with Representing the route better.... I know this is virtual railroading but you got to focus more on making the route standout instead of being lack luster kind of work... Pictures show more that you missed then looking at it in person before taking the picture..... Take this advice from someone that has been playing trainz for almost 20 years and building routes for half that time... If you need somebody to look at the work your doing and spot areas that need more work done just ask the Veteran players who have been playing the game since it came out we are here to help.. just my two cents worth
true I plan on fixing them spots, right now I'm focused on making the railroad make scents where what goes where and the movement of goods. I have been a member of trainz for years under two user names dragonharh & VIA. Thanks for the support!

true I plan on fixing them spots, right now I'm focused on making the railroad make scents where what goes where and the movement of goods. I have been a member of trainz for years under two user names dragonharh & VIA. Thanks for the support!
ah now i know who ya are... Welcome back man...
check my signature out and come see me on my discord server if the link doesn't work PM me and i will get ya a new one

Back