The lack of modern UK or Europe routes.

I really couldnt help but to mention this, most of the contents that recently was created was all for US and Australia routes. Sure there might be trains from around different places, but they are simply TRAINS not ROUTES. The only good UK map i would consider is the BR era ECML and Settle to Carslie route, thats it all in the BR era and NO modern era. There are DLS UK modern route but they are hilariously short and feels like not worth driving unless i am missing something.

If i did miss something or that you know a decent long UK route in the current or modern era. Please let me know, and if i am right about the lack of modern UK routes, please trainz consdering making more modern routes for the UK or europe. I am not interested in long boring US routes.

The thing is it's up to individuals or groups of individuals to create routes. N3V makes very little if any at all. If no one is making a modern UK or European route, well perhaps there's your answer.

What's stopping you from making one? There is Surveyor, a mouse, keyboard, research, and lots of time. To make the terrain realistic, there's TransDem plus all the rest. You can't say you don't have the capabilities because everyone, including those that have made the routes you mentioned, all started at the same point. It takes time, practice, and a willingness to learn how to use the tools. In other words, have at it.

<kuid2:582486:101273:3> DSEPR03 HS1 London to Lille V6 by anathoth71
Has east London, through the chunnel (canal Tunnel) and part of France up to Lille
real distances and the High speed line.
Its the only realistic UK route on the DLS that I know
have fun, greetings GM

I really couldnt help but to mention this, most of the contents that recently was created was all for US and Australia routes. Sure there might be trains from around different places, but they are simply TRAINS not ROUTES. The only good UK map i would consider is the BR era ECML and Settle to Carslie route, thats it all in the BR era and NO modern era. There are DLS UK modern route but they are hilariously short and feels like not worth driving unless i am missing something.

If i did miss something or that you know a decent long UK route in the current or modern era. Please let me know, and if i am right about the lack of modern UK routes, please trainz consdering making more modern routes for the UK or europe. I am not interested in long boring US routes.
You want different places not US and Australia, Balezino-Mosti, Andrushivka-Vinnitza, Beloreck South Ural Mountains, Rodnye- Prostory, Rostov Uzel 2018, Znamensk-Svir Belarusian Mountains. These might not be UK routes and they are payware but i am giving you some options. I am also pretty sure that you will find more, free or payware.

I have built the modern day mainline and branches of Cornwall. Basically everything between Plymouth and Penzance. The route called Cornish Railways can be downloaded from my site here:
Sadly it's too large to go on the DLS.
It required the following routes for a few dependencies: Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19, ECML Edinburgh - Dundee, & ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh.

Mark

In a small way I’ve been trying to create some uk routes. One of my problems is trying to use transdem with the Uk map servers - USA & EU have much better coverage

Hi,
The DEM data is indeed quite good - the problem I have is the map tile servers - I can use the OS maps, but a lot of the details like junctions bridges etc is just not helpful. I attempted to create a model of the Reading Station area (yes, it's more complex than 10 years' ago!) but I ended up with multiple looped tracks, junctions where one line crossed another by bridge.
Not very successful..

Not enough UK routes?! now imagine the poor people longing for Dutch, Danish, berkelium, etc routes. The DLS is not exactly overflowing with those. But they are all available, you just need to get them out and into Trainz via "
Surveyor, a mouse, keyboard, research, and lots of time.
and perhaps external programs like TranDEM. That's how all those routes appeared in Trainz - someone (an enthusiastic user) made and then shared them with the rest of the community.

Noticed quite a few 404 and other errors among the links. Considering the page dates from 2018, that's not unexpected.

One reason why I only use the DLS. Too many 3rd party sites come and go leaving later content seekers high and dry.

Not enough UK routes?! now imagine the poor people longing for Dutch, Danish, berkelium, etc routes. The DLS is not exactly overflowing with those. But they are all available, you just need to get them out and into Trainz via "

and perhaps external programs like TranDEM. That's how all those routes appeared in Trainz - someone (an enthusiastic user) made and then shared them with the rest of the community.
sure there are plenty out there, but most of them are short as hell which is understandable when its free. we are lucky to even have ones that are long. Still most of the time we only got short ones. Like i want to drive a hst in a modern setting not in the BR era.

sure there are plenty out there, but most of them are short as hell which is understandable when its free. we are lucky to even have ones that are long. Still most of the time we only got short ones. Like i want to drive a hst in a modern setting not in the BR era.
hi
look at my screenshots on
my trainz
that route is modern and very detailed and long
i have 2 routes by the same creator just i cant
remember where i got them from
this is another great eu route
i got them when i used 2009 and moved them to
2019 Europeans version
kind regards
herlev

Last edited:
Do you want prototypical lines, or are fictional lines okay? Some of the older routes may need updating to run in the latest version of Trainz. One author off the top of my head to look out for is a chap called ESO. He did some lovely routes back in the day, and most of them can be merged together to make longer routes. This is something I enjoy doing and once made a route so large it was over 1000 scale miles long and brought trainz to it's knees 😂,

Let us know, and I will see if I can make a list out for you.

Regards.
CaptEngland

Do you want prototypical lines, or are fictional lines okay? Some of the older routes may need updating to run in the latest version of Trainz. One author off the top of my head to look out for is a chap called ESO. He did some lovely routes back in the day, and most of them can be merged together to make longer routes. This is something I enjoy doing and once made a route so large it was over 1000 scale miles long and brought trainz to it's knees 😂,

Let us know, and I will see if I can make a list out for you.

Regards.
CaptEngland

prototypical/ones from real life is very prefered.

Have a look at my BR Southern Region you may like it....partly prototypical esp Brighton. Route takes in London Victoria to Brighton. West to Southampton, east to Eastbourne. All taking in the Littlehampton / Bognor Regis /Portsmouth / Hayling Island Terminals. All third rail apart from the Hayling branch from Havant.

I've got a couple on the DLS currently, both BR which could theoretically cover late 80s through to the 90s. One (Wescott Town KUID2:298788:102630:1) is just a single board with 'fiddle yards' at either end, but set up for running almost any type of service. The other, which may be more suitable for you, is Midshire and Rosworth Valley Lines (KUID2:298788:102630:1). It's updated to TANE and an expanded version of nexusdj and fudginators Midshire Mainline, combined with a further updated Rosworth Vale, originally by chileanllama.

I'm currently working on a new Edinburgh to Glasgow route but this isn't going to be ready for some time yet.

Back