Sneak Peek at Trainz Simulator 2009 front page...

A long time ago now, there was a plan for Railroad Simulator Professional (RSP). I bring this up, because it was to have a replacement for the KUID system.

Just wondering, will any of these future Trainz programs have that KUID replacement?

A long time ago now, there was a plan for Railroad Simulator Professional (RSP). I bring this up, because it was to have a replacement for the KUID system.

Just wondering, will any of these future Trainz programs have that KUID replacement?
Oh yeah.

There was mention of a GUID system at the time.
There's no mention of it over at the TrainzDev site (as far as I can see anyway), and like everything else in Greg's original post, I suspect that it left when he did. :'(

You could try asking over at the TrainzDev site Dru.

Smiley.

Hello
Yep that was Greg Lane's plan long time ago now.;) Hop over to the TrainzDev site and register I'm sure chris will have more answers for you.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Trainz 2006

I have trainz 2006 and am pretty unhappy with the whole deal. The surveyor is the most difficult thing i have ever had the displeasure of using. The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.

I would like to see a route come out detailing the Duluth Missabe and Iron Range Railway out of Duluth Minnesota in the United States.. And would pay handsomely for something like that. BUT IN DETAIL

As for the download Station. My Ticket expires and thats it? I cannot buy more time?? Pretty shoddy if ya ask me. Very horrible gaming situation with this. Hopefully 2009 will be much better but I will definitely wait to buy to hear what people have to say before wasting my money again. If i hadnt spent the money buying a raildriver i would just throw the trainz simulator away and buy the ship simulator as im sure it is easier to operate and actually has completed scenarios.

Yours in disgust

Kris Johnson
kjohnsontransport@yahoo.com

But how do you really feel?:D

The First Class Ticket can be renewed through Auran.

The DMIR would be a great route, in detail, but that's a whole lotta' work, more easily accomplished by someone who lives closer to the area. I had wanted to do it once, but my partner (at that time) who lived in the Twin Ports area quit Trainz to work on a real railroad. I understand The Honorable George Fisher is working on a route from the area at this moment though.

Surveyor is great, but it does take a little work to get good results (at least...that's what people tell me.)

It takes a whole lot more than that to disgust me; I was married for ten years!

kjohnsontransport should remember that Trainz is an Australian product, not an American one.

He should remember that most of the world is not in the USA, and we all want to see our railways (railroads) represented.

Microsoft is US made. Perhaps he should stick to that!

Ian

I have trainz 2006 and am pretty unhappy with the whole deal. The surveyor is the most difficult thing i have ever had the displeasure of using.
Trainz has its faults but Surveyor? That's one of the easiest to use parts of the package. Even those other simulator users will admit that. Of course it doesn't work automatically, you have to put in some effort.
The overseas routes?? no one wants that unless they live there.
I would like to see a route come out detailing the Duluth Missabe and Iron Range Railway out of Duluth Minnesota in the United States.. And would pay handsomely for something like that. BUT IN DETAIL
:eek:
Maybe no one wanted that one either :wave:
As for the download Station. My Ticket expires and thats it? I cannot buy more time?? Pretty shoddy if ya ask me. ...
You can buy as many extra tickets as you want. But you don't have to. Every registered user has basic access to the DLS. Buying a FCT only gets you extra access.
Very horrible gaming situation with this. Hopefully 2009 will be much better but I will definitely wait to buy to hear what people have to say before wasting my money again. If i hadnt spent the money buying a raildriver i would just throw the trainz simulator away and buy the ship simulator as im sure it is easier to operate and actually has completed scenarios.

Yours in disgust

Kris Johnson
Sorry you feel that way about Trainz. You have to remember that it's not a game in the traditional sense with a definite start, middle and end. You get out what you put in. You build a world and live it. It doesn't build itself and nothing really happens unless you make it happen. :)

PS. Never a good idea to leave you email address in the open for every spam nut to see.

I really can't see the issue with TRS2006...

I mean, CMP sometimes locks up on you and stuff, but at least you can import your content. I heard that when downloading to '04, you have to download to some new 'world' folder...while for '06 download it to any folder and import the content the usual way.

Surveyor is a wonderful tool...except when it crashes destroying progress on routes. :hehe: Blame the fatal error strategy for that. :p

Trainz 2006 is a great game...it works with several scripts & things not avaible in previous versions...

TRAINZ RULES! :D

I really can't see the issue with TRS2006...

I mean, CMP sometimes locks up on you and stuff, but at least you can import your content. I heard that when downloading to '04, you have to download to some new 'world' folder...while for '06 download it to any folder and import the content the usual way.

TRAINZ RULES! :D
Actually, in '04 you can download the CDP file anywhere you want. Then when you double click the CDP file, it is automatically installed in the appropriate place and ready to use in Trainz. :)

Tranz 2009

I have got 2004 TC and the best of all 2006 and Im running this untill i can get my hands on 2009.
2006 is very good but I found the rest to be apain in the neck this was not there finist hour 2009 well be you watch.

icon7.gif
FROM NEW ZEALAND
icon14.gif

Drive... Steam, Diesel or Electric trains (and even trams, boats and cars)
Operate... a complete working rail line with interactive industries
Build... and customize your own living railroad
Share... your creations and your passion with other rail fans

Does "Build" mean it has Surveyor?

The Beta Version

Quite impressive, so far. I like the fact that now I can use more of my RAM as opposed to the 524 limit in TRS2006. The graphics look really nice and the interface a BIT more friendly. Somewhere I read that this version will allow me to import routes from TRS2006. Is that going to be in the final version? I can't find it in the BETA version. If someone knows, please tell.

CD

I bet it won't be that bad, I've never seen a game yet that would tax a £400 computer.

I bet you have not run TRS with a very detailed stock or scenery, or have u try to run TRS06 Toronto Railyards and see what happens?

If your video and cpu are not to par you will bring your computer to its knees on that one, and that is a default route, wich is technically supposed to be kinda balanced.

Back