Sneak Peek at Trainz Simulator 2009 front page...

Two Questions on 2009

Will we be able to buy one complete version containing both design and operation? Also will we be able to setup track with grass and weeds so it looks like North-East branchlines in the 70's ?
cnytom

Boats and cars - Doesn't that defeat the name 'Train' simulator??? We are doing a simulation on trains, here, not cars! People drive cars every day. And as for boats: why do we need them in a sim for land based travel?

Can someone explain why Auran is doing this?

osq7

Trains Planes and Automobles

Sometimes...just sometimes, every so often, you see a car, or truck driving down the road next to a train. And sometimes, every once in a while, yes, there there are even boats and planes in view too ! All this adds realizim to the train simulator.

If there are going to be twice the trains, I hope that there's will be some good NJT stuff :D. (I love NJT)

I also hope that there will be some decent Caltrain stuff. And Metro North. And Metra. And Amtrak. Especially the Amtrak F59PHI :D.

P.S. I love all of those trains. :D:D:D

Drivable cars

Try driving one of the cars in cab mode, or take a screenshot from inside the car. Probably the first time you saw a train, or went railfanning you went there by car. Or did you walk ? Lay invisible track in the sky, buzz a train, barnstorm under bridges, and view your trains from an airplane, expand your horizons !

I do that right now: When my train goes by the coast next to the water, I "see" a fishing vessel going-by. When my train goes near an airport, I see a plane taking off, and I don't mean the ones with the airport in the game. My planes go from one airport to another, landing and everything. All in AI mode, but could be driven. It just adds realism. On another scenario, my train waits for the large passenger vessel to dock to get passengers on board and depart, or viceversa. You see? This is one of the best illusions I have ever had, and the satisfaction is that we can make it happen with the best train simulator there is.

Planes

I downloaded a DC-3 and I am buzzing my trains with low level terrain flying (invisible track layed at low altitude in the sky) ! The only complaint is that the sound effects are not as loud and realistic as they coud be. The drivable cars are thrilling to run in conjunction with a train. Just like being there ! :p

This sounds as if its going to be great!!!

Unfortunately i havent even been able to get hold of Trainz Classics yet :(

Im still using TRS2006.

Class 465 Networker

Helo
Where I can get the model of Class 465 Networker
for trainz 2004?
Than you for help.

Class 465 Networker

Helo
Where I can get the model of Class 465 Networker
for trainz 2004?
Than you for help.

Processor: 32-core 12000 bit Intel CPU or equivalent
RAM: 20GB
HDD: 1PB (petabyte, 1 step up from terabyte)
GPU: 8-core graphics card with 20,000 pixel/shader pipelines and 2GB GDDR20 GRAM (graphics RAM)
Internet connection: 200Mb/s broadband connection
Other: DVD-RAM drive

Only kidding!
I bet it won't be that bad, I've never seen a game yet that would tax a £400 computer.
I got a pretty good computer but you scared me until I read "only kidding". Looking forward to 09 version, have not been to happy with 06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back