please send me the 1948 Beetle green and red i hate the dls

STARBSTER

the DLS sucks theres no download button and they need a first class ticket :(:( they should let users download without a FCT

Welcome to the forum!

1. While the DLS may have some issues it doesn't suck.

2. There is a download button - several in fact.

3. Although there are advantages in having a FCT you do not need one.

4. 'Sending' content is not the way it is done.

5. Try posting some specific questions and you may be amazed at the amount of help available on the forum....

Andy ;)

:wave: Hi STARBSTER
One way of downloading content from the DLS is to open Content Manager find an open the Download Helper tab on the left hand side,
then minimize Content manager,
open the DLS page locate what you want to download then
1ST step is to click the Download button on the web page which will add it to the Download Helper tag in Content manager,
once any item you want is there then,
2nd step is to click on the Start button,
to view the items you have downloaded that day is to click on the ToDay button at the top of Content manager.

Hope this helps you out

Poul

Last edited:
Hi Andy --

Thanks for your reply STARBSTER.

I began a response but erased it when I started to become, how shall I say, a little terse?

STARBSTER --

There is a considerable cost associated with running the DLS, as you will quickly find it you ever have your own web site that has to cope with many users downloading simultaneously.

I for one am extremely thankful that Auran provides a facility where we can all share our creations.

As a "free" user you have access, though it is limited in quantity and speed. Just appreciate that the rest of us who have purchased a FCT are, in effect, subsidizing your free access.

Phil

Last edited:
In addition , my sending you content is against Auran's policies , I have no idea if you have a registered copy or not ?

--- ,DLR

the DLS sucks theres no download button and they need a first class ticket :(:( they should let users download without a FCT

I think for the price, the DLS is a gold mine. I'm burning through my 2nd FCT, and I hope my computer will survive another, because I'm stuffing this bastard with free stuff from the DLS every day. And on that note, thank you to everyone who makes all of this stuff. Mmmmmm.... Polska! My new fascination. Some of the prettiest grittiest trains out there. Get some.

Hi Andy --

Thanks for your reply STARBSTER.

I began a response but erased it when I started to become, how shall I say, a little terse?

STARBSTER --

There is a considerable cost associated with running the DLS, as you will quickly find it you ever have your own web site that has to cope with many users downloading simultaneously.

I for one am extremely thankful that Auran provides a facility where we can all share our creations.

As a "free" user you have access, though it is limited in quantity and speed. Just appreciate that the rest of us who have purchased a FCT are, in effect, subsidizing your free access.

Phil

+1. For something that can be used for fee, the DLS is pretty d**n good, IMO.

....I have no idea if you have a registered copy or not ?
And there's the rub.

He's either someone who has installed his first version of Trainz and didn't realise that you CAN download from the DLS for free (if that's the case, after reading these answers he'll be downloading them), or he's someone who doesn't have a legit copy of Trainz, and is trying to blag more freebies.

We don't know which of the 2 he is, and I blame Auran for getting rid of those tickets that showed which versions you'd registered on your forum posts, which helped us help genuine customers, and ignore "knock-off Nigel" when he asked for help.

I can't believe that Auran hasn't put that feature back on the boards after all these years. :eek:

Smiley.

And there's the rub.
...Snip... and I blame Auran for getting rid of those tickets that showed which versions you'd registered on your forum posts, which helped us help genuine customers, and ignore "knock-off Nigel" when he asked for help.
I can't believe that Auran hasn't put that feature back on the boards after all these years. :eek:
Smiley.

Smiley ,

A great post and a reason for Auran to bring back the ' flatcars ' , and I would also add , just in case someone at Auran might listen , the date when threads are started ! Niether will happen , but a couple of good ideas by you and myself :wave: .

--- ,dave

Back