New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

This looks superb!:udrool::mop::udrool:

Before I get my hopes up is this a 04 or 06 route and if it is 06 is there any chance of a 04 release?

Brandon

Hi Brandon!

Thanks for the great feedback.
I only have 04 - so it will be a 04 release. I hope to release it before the end of the year.

Fantastic shots! The first one made it into my screenshots folder. :D

I can't tell because of the angle, but in the first picture, the road on the left looks twisty. Do you use the straighten track tool for roads? I can't tell if you do, but if you do, you might be able to smooth that curve. :)

Just a friendly bit of advice. Your route looks great...I can't wait to see more!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Thanks Gisa!

I appreciate your feedback.

I really never paid much attention to whether my roads were straight. I thought twisty roads looked like the the back roads I used to drive in the deep woods of Pennsylvania. But, you are correct, the road straightener tool is our friend!

A TOFC train is making good time as it enters the town of Mt Union. The roadbed of an old passing siding is seen by the fence that separates the residential yards from railroad property.

MountUnionPigs.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you knew this but there is a town called Mount Union in PA!!!:hehe:

Yes sir, indeed. I have been there many times myself.

My route has many names from the area to give a PA feel without including any of the cliche names that would immediately give it away as a PA shortline.

For instance, Mt Union, Juniata, and Laurel are all names on the route... but there is no Altoona, Johnstown, or Gallitzin, etc.

As the morning breaks, the crew gets their thermos of hot chocolate ready and does a brake test before departing Juniata Yard. This is the Babcock Local which will deliver and load these empty coal hoppers to the mine on the Babcock Spur today.

BabcockLocal-atJuniatareadytoleave.jpg

After getting their Form D track warrant, the local departs the yard....
BabcockLocalLeavingYard.gif

And heads onto the main line....

BabcockLocalleavingyardlimit.gif

Here the train is heading upgrade past the Shade Block Limit Station and Emenwes Furniture Spur

BabcockLocal-atShade.jpg

Finally the local leaves the main line and enters onto the Babcock Spur

BabcockLocalenteringBabcockSpur.gif

Hits the first crossing....
BabcockLocalonfirstcrossingonSpur.gif

Approaches and enters the 2nd crossing....

Babcocklocalnear2ndcrossing.jpg

BabcockLocal-atcrossingnumber2.jpg

Then approaches the mine trackage....

BabcockLocal-nearingthemine.gif

and pulls past the mine.....

BabcockLocal-pullingpastmine.gif

To be continued!

Last edited:
After loading one half, the 2nd cut is loaded....

Babcocklocalgatheringremainderoftra.jpg

BabcockLocal-loadingsecondcut.jpg

Testingagain.jpg

The engines are at the EOT in order to shove back...

BabcockLocal-atEOT.jpg

Last edited:
After getting their Form D track warrant, the local departs the yard....
BabcockLocalLeavingYard.gif

I love these screen shots!

BTW, from the "how come?" department: Why why why didn't either Microsoft Train Simulator OR Aurin make their default switches look like these real-looking ones? I never could figure out how the flangs cross over the rails that go "through" each other. :p After all, if it can be done in a mod, I would think it should have been done as a default looking points, wings, and frog.

Oh well, enough from the "how come" department. Great shots!

First, a great looking route and one that I will download. Nice attention to detail.

Second, and the one question that hasn't been asked yet. How are the frame rates and will we need a super computer to run this route?

First, a great looking route and one that I will download. Nice attention to detail.

Second, and the one question that hasn't been asked yet. How are the frame rates and will we need a super computer to run this route?

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

I have not registered the frame rates, but with the exception of a couple the big towns, my 128 mg card runs the route fine for me.

Bill

Back