New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

A member of the track gang seems more interested in me taking pictures than watching the end of a loaded coal train bound for Keystone Power as it passes the freight depot on the Pleasantville Secondary in the late afternoon. Notice the house track that is barely visible in the weeds and mud in the foreground.

PVDepot.gif

Last edited:
Mountains are a challenge....

Excellant work. Mountains are challenging to build and to drive. Beautiful route.:)

Later that night, I had a late night milkshake from the 24 hr diner near by the tracks in downtown Pleasantville and snapped off a picture the crossing gates in the moonlight and some residents filling up at the gas pumps.

DowntownPleasanville.jpg

Last edited:
Our train is in full dynamics as it decends Grafton Canyon on the approach to Grafton Yard limits.

GraftonCanyon.gif

Last edited:
Hi! I am a newbie wanting to try loading some images of my railroad. It is a 38 mile long shortline / bridge route with a heavy coal and lumber base. It has numerous branches, spurs, and industries.

Let's see if this works ok.....

EveningManifesttoDepart.jpg
Newbie? i've used Trainz for more than half a year and can not make such realistic routes.

Thank you. Like I have mentioned, this is my first time posting to this forum and my first layout I've created -- but I have been working on the same route for quite some time.

Rusty tracks and loading grain......

GrainLocal.gif

Reitz Salvage is a scrap metal dealer on a short spur in Highland, PA. The Highland Local is leaving with empties and passing the only operating wig-wag crossing signal on the railroad and in the entire state.

ReitzSalvage.jpg

Reitz Salvage is a scrap metal dealer on a short spur in Highland, PA. The Highland Local is leaving with empties and passing the only operating wig-wag crossing signal on the railroad and in the entire state.
[cut]
is that fact true? anyways is it just the angle or is the road floating,because i downloaded a noob route that had sharp corners and the roads floated over bumps,it looked horrible. amazing route! :udrool::mop::udrool::mop::udrool::mop:

Last edited:
is that fact true? anyways is it just the angle or is the road floating,because i downloaded a noob route that had sharp corners and the roads floated over bumps,it looked horrible. amazing route! :udrool::mop::udrool::mop::udrool::mop:

Regarding the wig-wag, the one pictured is the only one on my railroad. About it being the only one in the state - well, that part is unknown to to me - because the wig-wag is only on my hard-drive anyway. :D

It must be the angle, because I take great effort to make sure my objects, etc do not float.

Thanks for the great feedback regarding the route.

I have a link to a pdf that is my employee timetable for the route. It is 33 pages with track charts (schematics) and rules, commodities, etc. Any feedback regarding the tour I posted earlier or the timetable would be greatly appreciated. Click the link, wait for the timer to count down, then enter the image code that comes up and hit the download button.

http://w14.easy-share.com/1701409832.htmlhttp://w17.easy-share.com/1701368213.html

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Its 6:48am on a warm summer morning as the Oldtown Local waits for the switch to be opened behind his cut of tank cars. Once the switch is open, he can shove the cars into the loading tracks of Standard Oil.

OilMorning.gif

Last edited:
At the other end of the siding, the car's brakes are releasing so they can pull forward. Standard Oil, Inc is at the end of the Old Town Spur which leaves the Vonny Branch near MP 0.3.

StandardSidingSouth.jpg

Last edited:
The annual steam photo special was spotted on the Coal Creek Branch....

SteamSpecialCoalCreek.jpg

And then again leaving Pleasantville.....

SteamSpecialPleasantville.jpg

Quite summer morning on the Spruce Run Secondary. No trains yet today for the cows to pay a passing glance.......

SpruceRunSecondaryFarm.gif

Last edited:
Another train full of logs is nearing the end of the Paint Creek Branch. The train is just passing the ABL signal (Approach Block Limit) on the approach to the Ashtola block limit station. Curry Mill is less than a mile ahead and so is lunch in the mill office with the crew!

ABLAshtola.jpg

The local on the Moss Creek branch is heavy on the dynamics and air brakes passing the abandoned Woodward #2 spur on this cool spring evening. The rusted rails on the spur are on the grade seen directly above the first engine.

MossCreekBranch.gif

Last edited:
Back