New USA Mountain Shortline - Large Pics (1024 x 786)

Neat!
May I ask how close the rought is to being done or did I miss something?

Brandon

I am finishing cleaning up some details and have been reading threads to try figure out how to get it ready for uploading. I keep on seeing numerous variations and all based on the DLS. I am not putting it on the DLS - but will be putting it on a webpage - thanks to a great benefactor.

I will get it placed before Christmas. :)

One note - this route is based on non-CTC operation - so there are only invisible signals which are used to help the AI drive well when I am operating.

I hope that doesn't bring too much criticism.

That is great! :D
There are places where there are no signals, normally at museums but that doesn't mean there isn't any on active railroads!;)

Brandon

Awesome. The railroad runs with Form D (Track warrant type control) operations instead of signals.

Let me know if you read the tour or timetable. Thanks! --http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=367313&postcount=99

Here's the same engine at MP on the Vonny Branch....
VonnyMP3.jpg

Last edited:
A Maintainance of Way inspection vehicle does an run on the Spruce Run Secondary. The operator was told to expedite his services so a coal train can get a Form D track warrant to leave the mine.... so he was able to snap off only a a couple of quick pictures.....

MOW-SpruceRun.jpg

MOW-spruceruntrees.jpg

He gets one shot as he sets off at Spruce Run on the highway crossing. The Spruce Run siding begins right near the crossing itself.

MOW-spruceruncrossing.jpg

WOW! Impressive as always Bill! I like the kinks you threw in and the greenery. The depth of your shots is also amazing. :)

I always look forward to your shots. Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

WOW! Impressive as always Bill! I like the kinks you threw in and the greenery. The depth of your shots is also amazing. :)

I always look forward to your shots. Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Thanks Gisa!

Here is the tunnnel on the Vonny Branch...
VonnyBranchTunnel.jpg

A coal local heads south on the Spruce Run Secondary and crosses the Vonny Branch near Old Town Junction.

PBSCoal-Bridge.jpg

After an uphill battle, the local arrives at PBS Coal at the end of the line....

PBSCoal-MineRunner.jpg

The train places the first cut of empties in the empty yard....

PBSCoal-FirstEmpty.jpg

Last edited:
The first cut of hoppers gets loaded on Track 1 at PBS....

PBSCoal-Firstload2.jpg

PBSCoal-Firstload3.jpg

PBSCoal-Firstload4.jpg

The first cut is finally loaded....
PBSCoal-Firstload5.jpg

and the power cuts off to get the second cut on Track 2....

PBSCoal-Firstloadending.jpg

PBSCoal-Firstloadending2.jpg

Last edited:
Taking a quick break from the coal loadings..... this crossing is near Brier Knob on the mainline. A bridge on the Spruce Run Secondary can be seen in the distance.....

CrossingnearBrierMountain.jpg

Finally, after a crew change at the mine and darkness has fallen, the coal drag heads down the Spruce Run Secondary to head for Keystone Power...

PBSCoal--leavingthesecondary.jpg

Absolutely beautiful route - I look forward to its release. Really like the timetable and tour as they really bring the line to life. Many congratulations on such a worthwhile labour of love.

Bob

Absolutely beautiful route - I look forward to its release. Really like the timetable and tour as they really bring the line to life. Many congratulations on such a worthwhile labour of love.

Bob

Bob, thank you so much for taking time to read those documents and giving me feedback. It is awesome to let other eyes read things that I thought only my eyes would ever read or appreciate.

I am also glad you enjoyed the pics!

Bill

Back