Master Map maker needed

Hang on, I know he first posted in April and the last post was in July, but why can't you make it yourself?

i cannot make it because i do not have the necessary skills to create a map of my own....nor do i have the patience, so i allowed to utilize cascades expertise, the building 3d modeling skills of bendorsey, the reskin capabilities of higsy98, and the historical referencing, picture finding, schematics, ICC evalutions searching habs drawing locatingm and testing to me. and just because my first post was in april doesn't mean i'm not familiar to trainz and how hard things are to make (i've been in trainz since 2006 for some reason it would never let me add multiple games to the same account my other account is (hppavilion) i kept lossing the passwordso i gave up trying to remember it

attention fellow post followers we are currently looking to fill a position in our project.

track 3d modeler
Job description

two types of track needed
36in realistic looking rails based closely off of the track found on the east broad top railroad

36ng/sg track for mount union yard the east broad tops norther terminus and interchange with the PRR.
dual gauge track must be 3 rail dual gauge and operate off of one lever at switch junctions and be able to work realistically with ng so ng track connects to the ng portion of the dual gauge and not center itself on the track splines.

both sets of track but be same texture with minimal ballast preferable black ballast(the east broad top used boney as ballast

All in good time I guess.

[edit]
I can help out but don't need a new job title. Current one of Retired is all I'll need from now on.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
attention fellow post followers we are currently looking to fill a position in our project.

track 3d modeler
Job description

two types of track needed
36in realistic looking rails based closely off of the track found on the east broad top railroad

36ng/sg track for mount union yard the east broad tops norther terminus and interchange with the PRR.
dual gauge track must be 3 rail dual gauge and operate off of one lever at switch junctions and be able to work realistically with ng so ng track connects to the ng portion of the dual gauge and not center itself on the track splines.

both sets of track but be same texture with minimal ballast preferable black ballast(the east broad top used boney as ballast

Here's a couple of screen shots of the same general area from my Mt Union trackage. 1st one taken in Surveyor and the second one in Driver. There are several ways to make dual gauge 3 rail track for trainz. The way I do it is to use spline track and make a SG track mesh that includes a 3rd rail for the NG trains. This makes the visual track spacing exactly right. I lay a separate invisible track spline for the NG trains directly along the visible track spline. It has to be space exactly 10.25 in offset from the centerline of the mesh towards the common rail - will put it exactly in the center of the ng rails. The SG trains run on the visible track mesh (it also includes the 3rd rail). The NG trains run on the invisible track that shows up as a yellow line in Surveyor only. The two gauges are totally separate, centered 10.25 inches apart and share a common rail.

Of course in 50 years nature has about reclaimed its own but the retaining wall is still over there in the trees in fair shape. I've walked over to it and taken some measurements and pics for reference.

You can tell by the track textured ties and ballast it's pretty dated by trainz standards today. It's just an old "mesh reducing" track with a new track config. Todays multi lod track is a lot better and permits a lot more detail in the top level mesh. The ng leg of the wye to the far right (with the gas-electric motor car, M1 on it) is the same type track but has just 2 rails in the visible mesh and attaches to the invisible track used on the 3 rail dual gauge.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Holy Mackerel that's a lot to do. It took me 5 weeks just to lay 90 miles of track and over 350 switches on my route. Id love to tackle your project but im sure you nor anyone else could afford it as it would take 2-3 years fulltime to accomplish what your asking for, and no one works or free. I wish you luck.

Here's a couple of screen shots of the same general area from my Mt Union trackage. 1st one taken in Surveyor and the second one in Driver. There are several ways to make dual gauge 3 rail track for trainz. The way I do it is to use spline track and make a SG track mesh that includes a 3rd rail for the NG trains. This makes the visual track spacing exactly right. I lay a separate invisible track spline for the NG trains directly along the visible track spline. It has to be space exactly 10.25 in offset from the centerline of the mesh towards the common rail - will put it exactly in the center of the ng rails. The SG trains run on the visible track mesh (it also includes the 3rd rail). The NG trains run on the invisible track that shows up as a yellow line in Surveyor only. The two gauges are totally separate, centered 10.25 inches apart and share a common rail.

Of course in 50 years nature has about reclaimed its own but the retaining wall is still over there in the trees in fair shape. I've walked over to it and taken some measurements and pics for reference.

You can tell by the track textured ties and ballast it's pretty dated by trainz standards today. It's just an old "mesh reducing" track with a new track config. Todays multi lod track is a lot better and permits a lot more detail in the top level mesh. The ng leg of the wye to the far right (with the gas-electric motor car, M1 on it) is the same type track but has just 2 rails in the visible mesh and attaches to the invisible track used on the 3 rail dual gauge.

Bob Pearson

hey bob you said something about measurements of that wall think i can get those off you?

Back