multiplayer Trainz organization?

Hi
i found a route laying around and just added in the iportals.
I have the following industry's:
cattle yard: Cattle either providing or accepting
Container yard: Accepting General goods and providing 20ft and 40ft containers
General goods platform: which is just a basic multi industry

Rolling stock i intend on using are:
I am pretty sure all this is built in content but weather it is built-in on other versions of trs06 im not sure
NSWGR BDY Open Wagon
NSWGr ICK container wagon
QR MAS 1488
QR Mas 1491
QR MBC
QR MCC
QR MPC
QR 2100 Class
GM Australia national
830 Class Australia national
NSW SRA 81 Class

Also how do we intend on working out msn address EG are we going to put them on the form

thanks Philfree

Right, I call my module complete, however the session still has unrectifyable bugs and you will have to help the automated commuter trains set the points at the station. I have made it so that the module can have additional baseboards north and south of the module if the rules allow it or if the rules change to allow bigger modules.

Below is the route shown in TrainzMap, which gives you an idea of what the layout looks like. I have added the text in paint after taking a screenie of trainzmap, put it in paint, trim it, then added the text.

What do you think?

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Right, I call my module complete, however the session still has unrectifyable bugs and you will have to help the automated commuter trains set the points at the station.

hi looks good, have you thought about path control and path rule, i am using these on my route in a base session, i have programmed every path i think anyone would ever need using both rules, the set path rule allows for coupling, the path control along with the path trigger rule means i can set path that are initiated when the train hits a trigger, it takes a bit of setting up, but saying as these are quite small routes, its not too ad

gav

Can send them by private message here
Hi
i found a route laying around and just added in the iportals.
I have the following industry's:
cattle yard: Cattle either providing or accepting
Container yard: Accepting General goods and providing 20ft and 40ft containers
General goods platform: which is just a basic multi industry

Rolling stock i intend on using are:
I am pretty sure all this is built in content but weather it is built-in on other versions of trs06 im not sure
NSWGR BDY Open Wagon
NSWGr ICK container wagon
QR MAS 1488
QR Mas 1491
QR MBC
QR MCC
QR MPC
QR 2100 Class
GM Australia national
830 Class Australia national
NSW SRA 81 Class

Also how do we intend on working out msn address EG are we going to put them on the form

thanks Philfree

Ok :
So come Tuesday I will be ready to run some tests
Thats if we are still on Go
Not been much responce this last few days

Hi
if the time difference isn't to much i am willing to give it a go to i think i got a number of the bugs out of mine (hoping)

Philfree

i still have a virus/ spyware problem here, which is a complete pane

but i have still been think about how ITrainz can be made to work, so heres my latest thought:

standardisation of portal ids,

all modules have an up and a down line (some have a branch as well)

so here are the portal ids

an inbound portal on the upline would be:
HH(this is the name of your module in this case holbury halt) I(inbound) U(upline) (HHIU)
an outbond on the down line would be:
HH(Holbury Halt) O (outbond) D(downline) (HHOD)

on the branch line inbound you would have

HH(holbury halt) I(inbound) B(branchline) (HHIB)

i think it would be easyest to have this sort of standisation

colinknapp

but i have still been think about how ITrainz can be made to work, so heres my latest thought:

HH(this is the name of your module in this case holbury halt) I(inbound) U(upline) (HHIU)

colinknapp

We have to place each person thats ready in a line (or position) because we can only send to the 1 each side : teh 2 at the ends will also be connected to form a circle ?

I have every one in this thread entered in my buddy list , thats 7 plus me = 8 units !

all of line at the moment

At the moment I have had 15 units under AI control running all morning to sort out any bottlenecks
So far so good

colinknapp

Well just happens my mod is Hickly Halt so I would end up with the same as you if we go like this;
I have set up a trap anway on both the inputs to my module so units do not have a direct line into my module
incoming units arrive and run to a set of yards like a fiddle then from here to a normal portal that comes out on a normal portal on the module, this way I have time to give them instructions to follow and can set them off so as not to upset the schedules of the AI units running:

=========================
========================
iPort ======================================portal // Portal

:D :D :D

I am always interested in multi-player developments good luck with your project.

It is my opinion that the first step to multi-player functionality in a railroad simmulator is the ability to control switches and signals from another computer than the one running trainz.

The next step would be the creation of an AI driver controlled from another computer that receives images from the layout the train is running on. I think the programming on this is a lot harder than the first.

Howard

I am always interested in multi-player developments good luck with your project.

It is my opinion that the first step to multi-player functionality in a railroad simmulator is the ability to control switches and signals from another computer than the one running trainz.

The next step would be the creation of an AI driver controlled from another computer that receives images from the layout the train is running on. I think the programming on this is a lot harder than the first.

Howard

I believe we came pretty close to getting Trainz Multi-Player this time instead of Classics. But unfortunately this thread shows how few the numbers are who really want it. I guess this is the best we are going to get just for now. Keep up the good work, fellas, and please post a story about your first sessions, your problems and how you worked around it. And if we want "true" multi player Trainz, then we need to start a thread and get 2000 reads and 500 posts in a short time, to prove our point to Auran, and I think we could do that.
It is relatively easy to develop it, but the old Trainz engine might be stretched to breaking limit ?? :p
Maybe the next incarnation of Trainz can get a new 3D engine as well :D
Cheers
Rod

****** This post has been moved by me to Comtrains new thread to avoid taking this thread from it's original topic. ******

Last edited:
I've been calling for an online version for nearly 5 years now ... and at one time, I thought it all out on how Auran can precede with it ...I can't recall what I wrote so long ago, but I remembering saying that:

Auran would need to be running a special map of their servers ... 1 gigantic map to accommodate every possible tasks ... it would be MMOG or Massive Multi player Online Game .... Players would join be signing up to a account in their profile or in the in-game itself ... Task should be assigned on what type of stock they decied to select:

freight
Passenger
Special interests: like tankers, and TTX, etc ...

SO, for example, let's say I join ... I am given a loco and rolling stock and an assignment ... I leave the yard to enter the main line .... from this point forward the servers would monitor your behavior ... so if you pass a red light, a junction, etc ... anything that violate the rules the player gets kick and suspended, etc

A charge can cover the cost, because Auran would need to hire someone to monitor and update the system ...a monthly or yearly fee charge can be set... something reasonable so notto scare the masses!!

It has potential .... The map needs to be huge enough to accommodate hundreds that might join ... I know that frame rate and too much loco's and rolling stocks might have some PC's choking to death, however, have the system give red signs so no one player see more than a dozens Trainz at a time ...

Anyhow, just preliminary stuff ... but that's the direction I would go if I worked for Auran, and asked for my opinion how to make it precede with onlin trainz ...

Ish

Last edited:
Hey you guys
This thing still alive or what
not heard anything now for days

Me I'm all set up and ready to roll, just need 2 contacts ( 1 for each end of my line;

Hey you guys
This thing still alive or what
not heard anything now for days

Me I'm all set up and ready to roll, just need 2 contacts ( 1 for each end of my line;

My route is ready although im am busy trying to test it before i do anything else,

Cheers

Gav

it might take me a while to get going (i know! i started this ITrainz thing, so i should have already been ready but i've been having trouble with viruses lately

however i have been continuly monitoring this thread, the website, and my emails once a day, if things go well i might be ready to go on sunday, if thats the case i will put out an email to every address that has emailed me.

PLEASE EMAIL ME TO BE ADDED TO MAILING LIST
i.pidgley@hotmail.co.uk

oh by the way i'm working on a website banner and i hope to upload a preview soon

colinknapp

My route is up and running ( here with AI anyway)
there will always be a few problems at the start, but if we dont make a start we will not be able to find them or solve them
My track work and signals are all in place, industrys all working
bottlenecks solved
my soundCore dll problem has been solved
the route is not yet a great deal of scenery but that doent stop it form running and can be added as I go:

Colin:
If your route is ready on sunday maybe the 2 of us can connect for say half hour to setup and prove the iPortal side of things
we only need to say send each other a single loco in and out the ports to make a test:

one thing I have noticed is that I have to set the contact list up each time I start the route in driver, they dont stay there from each session: not sure if this is right or not; maybe you can confirm this one way or the other

Rgds
Mike

Back