multiplayer Trainz organization?

but in the setup it says if the reciving port is set to AUTO then the train coming out would continue to proceed just following the way the points were set and respond to the signals:

So if you were sending a through train by way of my module to the guy next up the line:
It would come out and cross my module and end up at my out port the other end:
As this is set to accept all trains and send them to the next guy would it not do so ?

Problem is I cant test this as I cant sen something to me, would need someone else on the other end
Is there a tutorial on the iPortal apart from that in the manual ?

there is no way for me to give a command for the train whilst it is on your route, can only give commands on my own layout as my pc wouldnt be able to access the info on your route, when you give a drive to command you need to select a destination from the list, there is no way of telling the driver what is on your map,
so the last command i can give my train is to drive to my exit iportal, after that the train would be in, i hope, your safe hands:)

cheers​

gav​

Last edited:
but in the setup it says if the reciving port is set to AUTO then the train coming out would continue to proceed just following the way the points were set and respond to the signals:

So if you were sending a through train by way of my module to the guy next up the line:
It would come out and cross my module and end up at my out port the other end:
As this is set to accept all trains and send them to the next guy would it not do so ?

Problem is I cant test this as I cant sen something to me, would need someone else on the other end
Is there a tutorial on the iPortal apart from that in the manual ?

hi, i see what you mean now, if the points are set correctly then the train would continue through, but what i was saying i couldn't give a command to tell the train to go to your portal,

remember, if you have moved a junction and not moved it back, then the incoming train could end up getting lost and causing you trouble, i would suggest giving it a comand to drive to the other portal

cheers

Gav

I portal

HI
i also would be very interested in this i have been looking around for something like this to come up. The only problem i see for me is that i am in Australia and i am also into australian trains.

But i would be happy to run any type of trains as long as it's freeware

Thanks

hi, i see what you mean now, if the points are set correctly then the train would continue through, but what i was saying i couldn't give a command to tell the train to go to your portal,

remember, if you have moved a junction and not moved it back, then the incoming train could end up getting lost and causing you trouble, i would suggest giving it a comand to drive to the other portal

cheers

Gav

maybe
but my points are set straight through and any unit that leaves the main line by changing them they are automaticly reset to the default after it has passed, and my signals all work correct, the routte I have chose is from my main layout, I have just modernised it from steam with semaphores to br-lights, and chopped off some boards at each end, my main route is modular, and each part by placing ports at each end can be used seperate

I have run the line ( infact is still running on the other computer ) now for 3 hours, there is a 2 track station in it and I have a passanger unit pulling in and loading/unloading every 25mins on both tracks, so far not one has taken a wrong turning, and if the platform is occupied because there is a good unit shunting in the area ( there is a dock and industry north side and a small goods yard south side of the main line) the through bound units are detected an stopped at lights well clear of the station

I tried to set something very much like this into place shortly after '06 was released, and didn't get much further than you are now. I say most of luck to you sir, you will need it!

And yes, I do agree it is a great idea, if only it would come to fruitition.

-Chris (tm)

well i am happy to see so much support!

however at least for the moment my internet is out of action until i get some virus software.

however having read all the posts since my last visit i feel i should clarify a few things.

1. every one should email me with the industrys there module contains i will post this info on the ITrainz. to prevent doubleing up on industrys

2. each dispatcher is only responible for what happens on there own module and can only order it to enter or exit, not move to so in so 3 modules away

3. i said every should choose a common theme to prevent 2 engines from different countrys meeting on the same stretch, but if that doesn't matter then thats fine.

Colinknapp

Question, the module I'm building has three IPortal inlets and outlets, all of them are two track ones but I have it as such: IPortals in and out North, same but south, same but West. Is this okay or are only two inlets and outlets allowed (just West and South)?

WileeCoyote:D

I would think that this would not be a problem this would give you more interactivity; at the worst if the other guys are not sure about this you could just nominate 4 of them to start with an see how thing go; it would not be a reason not to use your route:

The uinit I have ready is a module from my main layout, and this has 2 ports at each end: the module is just 5 boards long: but I think I will need to put some more on each end otherwise as soon as something comes out of the port it will be ontop of my station/industy complex before I have time to direct it: I think I will also put a small marshaling yard at each end to recive and dispatch units from as my goods yard and dock complex are not so big, passanger units are no problem they could enter/stop at station or pass directly through to the next module; but only those with max 5 coaches would be allowed to stop as thats the max the platforms can handle, longer one will pass through: only thing is when I run this module as a stand alone unit myself I have several passanger units under AI control: there is a stopping train at each platform every 45 mins and 1 through express each way every hour: I then just play the goods yard and dock complex putting units in and out loading unloading as required and try to do this without interfering with the passanger service; anyway thats a lot of waffal for the moment, see how it goes

Rgds Mike

Question, the module I'm building has three IPortal inlets and outlets, all of them are two track ones but I have it as such: IPortals in and out North, same but south, same but West. Is this okay or are only two inlets and outlets allowed (just West and South)?

WileeCoyote:D

Well we said from the start that only content from the DL Station to be used as Rolling stock and thats freeware so no problem there

I would like to have you in and I see no problem here apart from the time factor, we are all UK or European based GMT+1 or 2

It would be difficult to find a time when we could all be on line togeather
for me its not such a problem I am available subject to the wifes whims from 0900 to 1900 each and every day as I'm retired, but I expect some of the guys have other commitments so their time would be more limited
anyway see what you think and if it can be arranged your welcome

rgds
Mike

HI
i also would be very interested in this i have been looking around for something like this to come up. The only problem i see for me is that i am in Australia and i am also into australian trains.

But i would be happy to run any type of trains as long as it's freeware

Thanks

Hi

Havening said that i should still be able to join on weekends given that i normally stay up late then, i don't know if i got my wires crossed but i would be up late to join in when the majority of people would be late afternoon early night about the content i don't know if trs 06 was released globally with the same Australian built in content as it was in Australia if so then i could just use the built in content. I have started mucking around with a layout to use for the iportal and at the moment it looks like it will contain a forestry, stations and a seaport.

Thanks

I have no problem with useing more than 2 sets of portals however if 1 person has this est up then somewhere someone else will need 3 sets of portals as well or a terminus.

as for times i'm available most weekends but not during the week, and i can't stay too late either, but it might not be neccessary for everyone to be present to run a service accross the network just bypass whoever isn't present.

Colinknapp

For sure but if my power station needs coal and the guy that has the mine is on strike I am up the creek ?

I have no problem with useing more than 2 sets of portals however if 1 person has this est up then somewhere someone else will need 3 sets of portals as well or a terminus.

as for times i'm available most weekends but not during the week, and i can't stay too late either, but it might not be neccessary for everyone to be present to run a service accross the network just bypass whoever isn't present.

Colinknapp

Ok so I am going to use a different module

The Main industry will be a large Grain complex
It will be adaptable to use large trains
say 25/30 grain hoppers on each track with about 6 load/unload tracks
there will be an arrival yard and a departure yard
I will both recive grain and export grain

There will also be in this complex fuel reciving line
so I would need to recive Deisel for the plants power requirements

The reciving and dispaching yards will have maybe 10 tracks each
all grain comodities will be catered for

this will be situated just out side a small town so there will be a station with 2 main platfoms: 1 bay and 2 through lines
there will be a small goods yard
this will contain a small coal reciving line ( house coal ) so only 5 or 6 wagons here
and a cattle export dock so I would have cattle available for anyone who wants to include a meat factory ?

I think thats about covers it
the main grain complex is ready ( track down ) and the main line is in place but not open for traffic yet ( still some work to do )

as for putting the routes up on the DL Station well thats up to you but you will have the problems of the DL's acceptance rules, there is no reason why we cant send each other the routes by CDP on the internet
Also there is the question about iChat , its not required but we have to have some means of comunication during the session
I have 4 PC running so for me its not a problem I can have one open for messanger or skype ? so I will go along with what ever you guys like best

rgds
Mike

I have just completed my module, here are the features: -

1) A main line with a terminus station to start and end trips. The station is industry-active
2) 2 re-rail portals - one entrance to add trains and look for derailments and one out to take unwanted trains away. The re-rail portals are their 'basic' type (the ones without the tunnel).
3) 2 iportals - one entrance to handle incomming trains and one exit to handle outgoing trains.
4) 2 interactive industries - a power station and a container station.
5) All track is electrified with the OH wires to handle electric trains.
6) Everything that is in this module is either built-in or from the DLS.
7) I have included a session with the 'Emit Train Now' rule and a few EMU trains, which are industry active and runs the busy commuter schedule.
8) The session includes the correct industry-active stock, which is built-in.

There is still some bugs to deal with so its not perfect. I'll post some images when I have the time. :)

I think that all should post a list of rolling stock/engines that they intend to use, that way we can all make sure we have them in our database
I will send my list in tomorrow

G'Day
Just wondering how you would overcome the missing person(s) Not everybody can be available every time. I was thinking that each person has the route on ether side of him, as well as his own.
If the group is 8 members and you are no 3, then your three layouts are 2+3 combined, 3 and 3 +4 combined.
If you get together on MSN, and number 2 or 4 are missing (or both ???) then all you need to know is what map you are controlling for this session. The combined maps would have to retain their portal to portal connections to cater for the scripts, I would think?
Oh and a great idea, hope it gets going :D
Cheers
Rod

So you will be at the end of the line and only be able to take traffic from 1 person;

Or we can treat you as a branch line
In the original concept it was stated that we would form a circle

G'Day
Just wondering how you would overcome the missing person(s) Not everybody can be available every time. I was thinking that each person has the route on ether side of him, as well as his own.
If the group is 8 members and you are no 3, then your three layouts are 2+3 combined, 3 and 3 +4 combined.
If you get together on MSN, and number 2 or 4 are missing (or both ???) then all you need to know is what map you are controlling for this session. The combined maps would have to retain their portal to portal connections to cater for the scripts, I would think?
Oh and a great idea, hope it gets going :D
Cheers
Rod

No ggod keeping the portals because they wont work you can not send anything to yourself with the iPort set to internet

At the rate things are going maybe next week we can start to set up the iPorts with each others details and start testing the internet connections
Looks like most people will have a route down by then even if it will need tuning

I made a module with LOTS of logging camps, so I can probably fulfill most log needs. I won't be on often though, sorry to say. But when I am on, here's what you need to know.

-Contact 'atsfrr3000' in-game and tell me how many logs you need, and what iPortal to send them to.
-Feel free to send me a train to load if you have one. I have my own of course but it's easier if you send a pick-up guy.
-If you do send me a pick-up guy, expect the whole thing back. I have a bazillion locos sitting around and I don't need any spare, thanks.
-If I have to send you a train with your stuff, please send it back. I'd like to keep my train count the same. :)
-If you send a pick-up guy, please send him with a load of General Goods if at all possible! My industries are linked to a storehouse of General Goods. No Goods, no logs, I'm afraid!

Those are my terms, if you find them unacceptable, I'm sure there's lots of other suppliers available :)

Oh, and by the way, I have no real interest in being on a part of a mainline, so my industry setup here is a stub. Think of me as an interchange line between people's modules. :)

-Chris (tm)

Last edited:
Back