Got Model Railroads?

I've been through many, many layouts.
I try to list what I have
N scale
A bunch of Bachmann Stuff that don't work
HO scale
Athearn Genisis 2-8-2 lettered AT&SF #3286 (out of service due to totalley busted electric system)
Athearn Genisis F3 A/B pack lettered for SP and wearing Black Widow paint job
Athearn Genisis SD75 lettered for BNSF in Warbonnet (DCC Equiped)
Life-Like Proto 2000 SW7 lettered for SP
Life-Like Proto 2000 GP-20 in SSW paint (DCC Equiped)
A few Athearn engines
Athearn Ready to run F59PHI in Amtrak Cascade's (drive shaft keeps popping off)
A bunch of Cheap Life-like stuff (yuk!)
2 Kato SD-45 in Santa Fe paint (DCC equiped on both)
A whole lot of Hawthore Village/Bachmann Collectable F-Units
A Athearn Dash-9 with slow speed starter
A whole bunch of assorted Life-Like/Bachmann/Athearn/Etc fright cars
A 5 car Athearn AT&SF heavyweight set I got for $5 at a train show
A small fleet of Walthers single level Amtrak cars Amfleets/Diners/Viewliners
A single Walthers Amtrak Phase 2 Double deck car
A Kato SP #150 Bissness car
A Walthers SP coach
O scale
A Lionel NYC 4-4-2 with all the works
A Lionel GN RS-3 with horn
A Lionel Copper Range 0-6-0
A bunch of Lionel fright car and 3 cabeese
G scale
A LGB D&RGW 2-4-0
2 LGB D&RGW coaches
7 1/2" scale
An 8HP 0-4-0 side rod engine Unlettered and yellow
A 5HP 0-4-0 Diesil Shifter Black and lettered for D&RGW
A flat car
A gondola
A super detailed caboose
A 8ft riding car from Mountain Car company (All the other equipment is custom made)
L scale
Assorted parts

I have permits from my mom to build a fairly good Sized HO layout in the barn loft, A G scale layout in the garden, And a 7 1/2" setup in the front yard. I am also building a lionel chrismas layout for around the tree.

WOW!
You seem to have the space and the means to pull it off. Not I. A 5.5 foot by 10 foot Nscale layout (now Elko and Lincoln on the DLS) is the most I could do. I will stick with Trainz.

I'm a proud 1:20.3ist!

Bachmann 2-8-0 outside frame, soon to be redecaled to D&RGW #361 with a few details(already has Sierra sound)
Accucraft/AMS:
Boxcar
Tank car
Flat car
Gondola
Stock car
Brass Accucraft D&RGW short caboose

Soon:
Bachmann K-27, D&RGW #463(Sierra sound)
Accucraft Jackson and Sharp coaches, 3
Garden railroad :D

I've only got a 12x20 foot barn currently, so I'm a bit cramped for space...my train alone is longer than 12 feet by quite a bit :p

I'll try to get a few pics later and post them...don't have any at the moment.

Awesome! I'm jealous :) My Dad is also a 1:20.3ist, or as he calls it F-Scale. He is in the process of working on his layout in the back yard. Has a huge dirt pile for mountain making. The area he's working in is about 20'x40'. He has a shop at the back of the garage with his storage tracks in it. A small doorway allows him to run the trains out of the shop and onto the layout.

My Dad is good friends with the owner of Rio Grande Southern Railroad Hobbies (http://www.rgsrrhobbies.com) in Ridgway, CO. So last summer I got to visit his house and outdoor layout. WOW!! It's an amazing layout. And, the backdrop is the San Juan mountain range which is just a few miles away. What an awesome site.

Regards,
Todd

I now have the track plan for my barn layout. If you own Mid-sized and Managable Layouts by Ian Rice look at NWIP Tower.
Thats what I'm building plus a loop extension.

I also have permits for the ON30 layout in the barn too.

If you think I'm good at pulling stuff off, get this.
I balence it with the following: School, model Railroading, Trainz, MSTS, Flight simlator 9 and FSX, Home life, Youth in model railroading, Young eagles, and train watching.

Awesome! I'm jealous :) My Dad is also a 1:20.3ist, or as he calls it F-Scale. He is in the process of working on his layout in the back yard. Has a huge dirt pile for mountain making. The area he's working in is about 20'x40'. He has a shop at the back of the garage with his storage tracks in it. A small doorway allows him to run the trains out of the shop and onto the layout.

My Dad is good friends with the owner of Rio Grande Southern Railroad Hobbies (http://www.rgsrrhobbies.com) in Ridgway, CO. So last summer I got to visit his house and outdoor layout. WOW!! It's an amazing layout. And, the backdrop is the San Juan mountain range which is just a few miles away. What an awesome site.

Regards,
Todd

You too? I was there two years ago at their yearly open house, sponsored by the Ridgway Railroad Museum...I actually have a picture of "Denver and Rio Grande Western no. 461" on my wall, blown up to 16x20...I'll have to post a picture of it sometime, it's rather impressive-looking with the real mountains in the background. :)
I do have a picture already on here of a severely Photoshopped Goose no. 7 on a trestle...the entire background was done in Photoshop, and as this was finished two years ago, yes, I'm better with it now than I was then!!!!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/simracerworld/goose7.jpg

I've got about a 30x30 area, slightly uneven. It's had a railroad in the past, but not a big one, so there is nothing to impede mountain-building or anything. My only real concerns are cost, as I don't have a lot of money(even though I have a job), and parental approval, because I'm still 17 and my parents aren't totally thrilled with me wrecking the backyard....again.... :eek:

I do have a possible storage spot for the trains without carrying them....we added onto the back of our house 15 or so years ago on the upper floor, and have a 4-5 foot high space under that room...if I dig out the dirt in the bottom, pour a concrete floor, and wall it in, I may decide to build a raised train yard with a model of the Ridgway roundhouse...we'll see, as that's still a bit in the future. I do need to figure out how to arrange drainage under the deck on the end of the room, as I do NOT want water on my precious trains...I've got a few ideas, but as before, I need parental approval first.

Danged parents :p

Awesome! I'm glad you've been there too. You may have even met my Dad. He's usually at the open houses helping Greg.

Good luck with you layout endeavors :)

Regards,
Todd

Finished wiring my Hornby S class diesel with DCC, and LEDs. Had to replace the decoder (I've fitted a quickplug 9 pin plug, this came with the decoders :) ).
The loco has three lighting settings, off; low; and high (Makes sense doesn't it? :p).

Anyways, here are three photos of the S on my test track this evening :)

Headlight off.
S-light-off.jpg

Headlight on the 'low' setting.
S-light-low.jpg

Headlight on the 'high' setting.
S-light-high.jpg

Zec

I've got a little of everything, including a 4x8 HO layout which is permanantly under construction due to moving on to real and virtual trains. :(

I now have the track plan for my barn layout. If you own Mid-sized and Managable Layouts by Ian Rice look at NWIP Tower.
Thats what I'm building plus a loop extension.

I also have permits for the ON30 layout in the barn too.

If you think I'm good at pulling stuff off, get this.
I balence it with the following: School, model Railroading, Trainz, MSTS, Flight simlator 9 and FSX, Home life, Youth in model railroading, Young eagles, and train watching.

ok ok you had me convinced till you said you had a home life, no self respecting trainzer could possibly have a home life :hehe:

I had an L-shaped N-scale layout 3 x 6 x 3 x 6, but due to health reasons I had to give it up. All of the equipment is packed in plastic boxes.

I have tremors in my right hand, and I ended up dropping things too much. Do you how many tries it took me to rerail a boxcar? I also have a lot of unfinished building kits because I couldn't glue the parts together properly let alone use a paint brush.

John

Wow, this thread has fallen a long way back...

Purchased a new loco yesterday :)
T377-new-couplers.jpg

Very nice runner, has nice slow speed (even with a cheap controller), and a switch under the long end hood for the headlights! Also a limited edition: #93 of 200 :)
Zec

Back