Driver session paused on load, cannot be unpaused.

davidbird

ex-Chilwellian
As the title says.
I have created a simple route and session as a test.

Now, when loaded in Driver, the session is paused.

Things are responsive to keyboard and mouse clicks, but driver schedule does not move on, nor does manual train respond to controls - either keyboard or dragging control handle in cab view.

When pressing the P key - word "Paused" is displayed on the screen and disappears with a second press, but nothing moves on.

Any ideas?

Did you assign a driver to the train?

Yes, with the first command being "Wait For" = 5 sec. That was one reason why I was able to tell it was paused, the driver command icon just didn't time out.

I since have found the problem was somehow caused by the paths in an Enhanced Interlocking Tower, removing the offending paths solved the problem.

Hi.

Two questions : which version of EnhancedInterlockingTowers library are you using <kuid2:61392:8190:????> are you using and do you have some empty EnhancedInterlockingTower (tower with no paths defined in it). There is a known bug in version v91 fixed in v93 and above v94, … that prevents EITs initialisation to complete when there is an empty EIT (tower with no paths).

If you are using v93 or v94 and encounter this type of bug (game paused in driver mode and unable to unpause it), please can you package me in a cdp your route and session (with also any dependency assets needed not available on DLS - needed means needed to run the session : tracks, track objects, locomotive and rolling stock assets used by the session … pure scenery asset are not needed as their lack do not prevent to run the session … ) and send me the cdp so that I can debug the problem …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi.

Two questions : which version of EnhancedInterlockingTowers library are you using <kuid2:61392:8190:????> are you using and do you have some empty EnhancedInterlockingTower (tower with no paths defined in it). There is a known bug in version v91 fixed in v93 and above v94, … that prevents EITs initialisation to complete when there is an empty EIT (tower with no paths).

If you are using v93 or v94 and encounter this type of bug (game paused in driver mode and unable to unpause it), please can you package me in a cdp your route and session (with also any dependency assets needed not available on DLS - needed means needed to run the session : tracks, track objects, locomotive and rolling stock assets used by the session … pure scenery asset are not needed as their lack do not prevent to run the session … ) and send me the cdp so that I can debug the problem …

Regards.
Pierre.

Thanks Pierre, I am using V94 of the EIT Library. There is only the 1 tower on the route, it is a small 1 board test route. I think the problem was when I added a path to the EIT that had 4 junctions as ""object outside the path". When i deleted this path from the tower, it was then working correctly.
I have since found a way of achieving the same result by a slightly different method, which I think is actually better for my needs. If I can recreate the situation, I will send you on a copy of the route/session.

Back