Driver Alan or kuid2:75805:70011:2

johnwhelan

He exists in TANE as builtin but in TS22 you need some sort of DLC to find him. kuid2:75805:70011:1 exists on the DLS. The problem is it breaks sessions that use him and you can't copy directly from TANE since it's packaged.

Yes I can copy, then break the texture file up and add a thumbnail but do we really expect a new comer to be able to do all this stuff?

Or is there a easy way to get him into TS22?

Thanks John

He exists in TANE as builtin but in TS22 you need some sort of DLC to find him. kuid2:75805:70011:1 exists on the DLS. The problem is it breaks sessions that use him and you can't copy directly from TANE since it's packaged.

Yes I can copy, then break the texture file up and add a thumbnail but do we really expect a new comer to be able to do all this stuff?

Or is there a easy way to get him into TS22?

Thanks John
do you have Coal Country If not you need to get it as Alan comes with Coal Country route from Jointed Rail

Well, my TRS22 PE has him thanks to the Coal Country route and sessions which is a included route with a normal TRS22 PE install.

Edit: You can drop a note to Zec about it. He normally makes sure items like that are added to the DSL.

Well, my TRS22 PE has him thanks to the Coal Country route and sessions which is a included route with a normal TRS22 PE install.

Edit: You can drop a note to Zec about it. He normally makes sure items like that are added to the DSL.
I have Him on TRS22 Standard Install (Steam Version) because i had Coal Country back when it came out in TRS19 and it was Included when i Bought TRS22

Not True HPL he originally Came with Coal Country Route and was Provided with the Route when you bought it
<kuid2:75805:70011:2> originally came in 2015 with T:ANE's Built-in "Kickstarter County", then in 2016 with "Route Romania" (version 1) and in 2017 with "TransMontana" payware routes. It came further in the Store version of "Coal Country" (retail version didn't include it) in 2019. The version used by TRS22 loads from sc025, which is... "Kickstarter County (TANE)". As mentioned above, it is used in sessions of 21 Packaged routes.

<kuid2:75805:70011:2> originally came in 2015 with T:ANE's Built-in "Kickstarter County", then in 2016 with "Route Romania" (version 1) and in 2017 with "TransMontana" payware routes. It came further in the Store version of "Coal Country" (retail version didn't include it) in 2019. The version used by TRS22 loads from sc025, which is... "Kickstarter County (TANE)". As mentioned above, it is used in sessions of 21 Packaged routes.
So which of the layouts included it TS22 PE should be downloaded to include it?

Thanks John

I did it was easy as Cake!

Congratulations on exporting from TANE, and importing to TS22, opening the config.txt file, changing the version number as 2.5 is no longer acceptable to TS22, adding a thumbnail, breaking open the texture file with Pev's Images2TGA. You did very well indeed as many of the steps are not well documented or documented together.

John

Congratulations on exporting from TANE, and importing to TS22, opening the config.txt file, changing the version number as 2.5 is no longer acceptable to TS22, adding a thumbnail, breaking open the texture file with Pev's Images2TGA. You did very well indeed as many of the steps are not well documented or documented together.

John
Never even did that Just Bought TANE to Start Followed by TRS19 and Finally TRS22! Didn't Do anything you said and Quit Putting words in my Mouth!

Never even did that Just Bought TANE to Start Followed by TRS19 and Finally TRS22! Didn't Do anything you said and Quit Putting words in my Mouth!
So since you didn't appear to export it from TANE then I assume you brought it in from a DLC since it isn't included in the base TS22 game. If you have TS22 PE then that includes a number of DLCs provided you down load them and I must assume it came from there.

The problem is it is packaged in TANE which means you can't simply export or save a copy to .cdp then import it to TS22 you need to go through the steps I wrote down as you can't import a packaged .cdp without recreating the texture files and fixing up any errors that TS22 thinks it finds.

Cheerio John

If it can help, the list of "Packaged" routes that include it:

Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ
Balezino - Mosti, Russia
Beloreck - South Ural Mountains
British Model Railway
C&O Hinton Division
Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin
Centrella Sub Division - TRS19
Chiyoda Branch Line
Coal Country
ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE
ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
Fall Harvest Nebraska - Redux
Healesville - 1913-1920
Kickstarter County
Loop Line
Niddertalbahn
Niddertalbahn - TRS19
Season Town Northern RR
SnC Carlisle Skipton
VR Healesville - 1913-1920 TRS19
Warwick - Wallangarra

It is not the point in which DLC it has end up

It shouldnt be packed in a DLC only in the first place.
If someone uses a driver in a session in a version of the game, he/she expects other users can simply use that session
the (official) drivers should be easy available on the DLS if no longer in the base files.

A few month ago I released a RHB route with driver Nicolaas used in a session, he was built-in in TRS19 original
I asked the n3v crew on Discord to add him to the DLS cause he is no longer in the standard TRS22 or + files
result.....ingenting, nothing , nada
So I was forced to strip the guy from TRS19 and include him in the external package for the route.

We forget that every unneeded search/repair puzzle does not contribute to userfriendlyness or reputation of the game
Trainz is a wonderful Simulation/Game but please developers try to listen and act if we users ask something.
greetings GM

But Alan is not an official driver. He is a third party asset created by pterodactyl with trainz build 2.5 which if I remember correctly was TRS2006 retail release. The fact that he was in TANE was due to him being used in the sessions for the only route included in the base install of TANE, Kickstarter County. Hence it being marked as built-in in TANE. Since everyone that owns TANE can install Kickstarter County from the Content Store for free and the route uses mostly the same assets as the updated and enlarged Kickstarter County 2. It seems reasonable to just install Kickstarter County and move on. I assume that all the DLC listed above was developed in TANE and the session creators were lazy and use Alan because he was first on the list.

But Alan is not an official driver. He is a third party asset created by pterodactyl with trainz build 2.5 which if I remember correctly was TRS2006 retail release. The fact that he was in TANE was due to him being used in the sessions for the only route included in the base install of TANE, Kickstarter County. Hence it being marked as built-in in TANE. Since everyone that owns TANE can install Kickstarter County from the Content Store for free and the route uses mostly the same assets as the updated and enlarged Kickstarter County 2. It seems reasonable to just install Kickstarter County and move on. I assume that all the DLC listed above was developed in TANE and the session creators were lazy and use Alan because he was first on the list.
Interesting, so somewhere there is a list of N3V supported basic drivers and things like invisible track? <kuid2:9000:38001:2> is another problem one.

Thanks John

Back