issue with certain dls assets

derkobold2011

Hello. Ive been having a issue with certain dls objects. take for instance the asset BR Class 37 Green split hc weathered. i found it on the auran dls website and i thought to myself: hey that looks pretty good im gonna download it. the problem is when i went to my content manger (btw my trainz version is TANE) to download it i found nothing. i thought to myself ok It might be because the asset is too old. but it wasn't that the asset was too old i had assets that are from the same version as this asset was created in. even when i tried to find it with TS2009's content manger i found nothing. help is required

Last edited:
The asset is probably faulty or missing dependencies. The Installed filter may not show that in Content Manager and you need to change the view to faulty.

In addition to changing the view, I highly recommend adding in all the columns. To do this, right click on the column bar and select each of the various column headers one at a time to include. You can rearrange them how you like by clicking on them and dragging them around. By default, they're place on the far right.

Once you add in the column headers, you can then click on them and sort the content.

In the future, please include the KUID number as well as the name of the asset. This will help us determine where the issue lies with the asset.

You may want to fix the registration of your TANE product so that it appears on your timeline. If you registered TANE with Steam, or used another account at that time, you need to contact the helpdesk and they can straighten that out for you. Steam sometimes has issues contacting the N3V account server, so the programs you purchased with Steam don't always appear on the timeline.

Well i Haven't even Downloaded the asset yet im talking about that the asset i want to download (here is the kuid <KUID:283805:37011>) IS NOT showing up in the download station tab of my content manager + It does not have an FTP Download on the Download station website.

What I do to make sure I've downloaded everything I want, I change the content manager view to "Today" and see if anything is faulty, open for edit, or anything but Installed from DLS.

As for your content not showing on the download station tab, this could be a version issue meaning your version isn't allowed to download that particular item.

Now for something really strange. I did a DLS search on your KUID using my content manager for TS19 (build 117009). CM said it was an Unknown Asset from user: tmz06003, but, the odd thing was I could download and install it! Once installed, it ended up as TWO items:

"BR Class 37 Green split hc weathered"<KUID:283805:37011> (Third party, Missing Dependencies) by tmz06003

and

"BR Class 37 Green Split Headcode Half Yellow" <KUID2:2512:2373:40> (Installed from DLS, Missing Dependencies) by PikkaBird.

I don't see how something listed as Unknown Asset can be downloaded and end up as two assets.

Bill

Very old and faulty asset that is on the CRG's Faulty Asset List, Assets on the the Faulty list are not shown in Manage Content to stop people downloading broken assets. The Web DLS is primarily there for legacy versions of Trainz and is not the recommended means of looking for assets.
However if you must download it, just stick BR Class 37 Green split hc weathered in the search box or it's kuid in the Custom search and Right click download this version. Problem with the asset is as well as being faulty it is using a Payware Alias which would also need fixing.

Given there are hundreds of working class 37s I'd suggest use one of the others.

The Pale Moon Browser still works with FTP by the way at the moment.

Back