Cannot Delete Missing Asset Error - Resolved

jeff1959

I have one missing asset on my route. It's something from the late clam1952. It is NOT on the DLS. When I attempt to delete it, CM simply ignores me. When I try to disable it, CM says I cannot disable an asset that doesn't exist. When I try to delete missing assets on the route, I get the error message below. Does anyone have a clue how to delete an asset that doesn't exist? One of our great, all knowing Trainz gods or goddesses must have a clue.

ERROR.jpg

Do you have the double white lines? If so this is a possible object spline which Trainz no longer uses hence it can't delete it by using delete missing assets. All splines are treated as track splines now. If you know what that spline was and can find a replacement you can temporarily use the obsolete table in the replacement asset to remove it. Open the replacement asset and add
obsolete table
}
0 <the missing kuid>
}

Open the route and check and if ok save the route. You can now revert the replacement asset to original.

No double white lines. I finally resorted to an eDBR, it found 75 assets that were obsolete. After clearing those off, the offending kuid was no longer showing. I should have tried that in the first place.

No double white lines. I finally resorted to an eDBR, it found 75 assets that were obsolete. After clearing those off, the offending kuid was no longer showing. I should have tried that in the first place.
Sometimes, we try the gentle methods first before it takes a more "friendly persuasion" to get the results we need.

Back