TRS22 Confirmed

@Mutton

I'm really sorry if i sound so negative , but i slowly lost my trust in N3V during the past years .

I wasn't referring to you individually with the negative attitude comment, and I apologise if it was taken that way. It just seems to me that the vocal minority of users seem to be down on something that hasn't happened yet. Perhaps I just like to look forward with a bit of hope rather than negativity.

Comment on the train life demo

Good:
-Animated passengers
-No PBR or shadow artifacts in cab
-Light/world visible on the hood
-well designed interfaces, most transparent
-Minimap while driving
-minimap in cab interface
-Radio interface
-Animals on track is a fun feature
-locshed yeah !!
Bad
-Train wheels not animated
-Unrealistic catenary, specially the tensioning
-No realistic modeled trains, fantasy game trains
-unrealistic ugly tracks

Conclusion, could be fun game but no real competition for Trainz
everything you see in that demo could be done with and in Trainz
lets cut the negative posts and help make TRS22 a success for us all

I've got to say this too. I have never come across a more negative outlook from so many users to a program that is only just in beta. Give TRS22 time to develop, time to become mature - then make your comments. I for one am really looking forward to see what TRS22 brings to the table particularly with surveyor 2.0.

Martyn

Agree.

I am sick and tired of so much negativity too. A lot of it is just completely yuck and puts me off coming here. I do not understand why it has to be this way. Yes criticism is good, but it is constructive criticism not bloomin deliberate bashing and being terribly rude along with it. What happened to a bit of positiveness as this world sure could do with some. We have a new Trainz to look forward too. Yes there will probably be quirky bugs (as it is software) but I am sure if we knuckle down and help the Devs, they will get sorted.

I for one am really looking forward to the next trainz and will be pre ordering.

Last edited:
No one forces you to only use base routes/content, I only use the Euro version
It's logic/economics Trainz is focused on USA, UK, Aus, there are the most users/paying members

Here I drive my own country most, but also routes in Belgium, Germany, Italy
and Lille-London.

btw. the route in the train life sim, uses real world names, but is not even near realistic
if they use Hague, taken from the dutch city Den Haag, then at least call it "The Hague"

TRS22 is going to be way better than the competition, no train sim can compete with Surveyor
or the number of loyal fans and content creators, the 20 year experience and 1 million+ assets.

One of the strongest advantages of TRS is it's community, which I've found to be quite supportive and friendly (admittedly there a few exceptions as with any userbase this large). If you cannot find a route to drive in your own region then you can always create one, another strength of Trainz, if you can't do it yourself then ask around there may well be people around with similar interests and with multiplayer surveyor who knows what's possible. Just look at what is possible through the local language sections of the forum.

For anyone wanting videos I got a Premiere coming up in 3 days. It'll then be a regular video after that.

Cheers

One of the biggest disadvantage of the Trainz series for me is its base route content . USA , UK , Australia .

That is a reflection of where the majority of Trainz users are based - nearly all routes and content are created by users not N3V. There is one creator that I know of who is based in Indonesia and he/she creates Indonesian routes. There is at least one route, with a lot of supporting assets, based on Mars - although I am not sure where that creator comes from:). I have concentrated on narrow gauge routes for largely abandoned lines in South Australia and Tasmania, both a long way from where I live, mainly because everyone else here seems to be creating standard gauge routes for existing major lines. It was a niche that no-one else was filling so I decided to fill it. That to me is one of the strengths and biggest advantages of Trainz.

Your user profile gives no clues as to your place of origin but if you feel that there is a shortage of routes and content for where ever it is that you live then there is nothing stopping you for (a) creating it yourself or (b) asking others (politely) if they have any plans for that region. Either way all it takes is time and some effort. Give it a go!

My thoughts.

One of the strongest advantages of TRS is it's community, which I've found to be quite supportive and friendly (admittedly there a few exceptions as with any userbase this large). If you cannot find a route to drive in your own region then you can always create one, another strength of Trainz, if you can't do it yourself then ask around there may well be people around with similar interests and with multiplayer surveyor who knows what's possible. Just look at what is possible through the local language sections of the forum.
:)
Agree.

I am sick and tired of so much negativity too. A lot of it is just completely yuck and puts me off coming here. I do not understand why it has to be this way. Yes criticism is good, but it is constructive criticism not bloomin deliberate bashing and being terribly rude along with it. What happened to a bit of positiveness as this world sure could do with some. We have a new Trainz to look forward too. Yes there will probably be quirky bugs (as it is software) but I am sure if we knuckle down and help the Devs, they will get sorted.

I for one am really looking forward to the next trainz and will be pre ordering.
:)
That is a reflection of where the majority of Trainz users are based - nearly all routes and content are created by users not N3V. There is one creator that I know of who is based in Indonesia and he/she creates Indonesian routes. There is at least one route, with a lot of supporting assets, based on Mars - although I am not sure where that creator comes from:). I have concentrated on narrow gauge routes for largely abandoned lines in South Australia and Tasmania, both a long way from where I live, mainly because everyone else here seems to be creating standard gauge routes for existing major lines. It was a niche that no-one else was filling so I decided to fill it. That to me is one of the strengths and biggest advantages of Trainz.

Your user profile gives no clues as to your place of origin but if you feel that there is a shortage of routes and content for where ever it is that you live then there is nothing stopping you for (a) creating it yourself or (b) asking others (politely) if they have any plans for that region. Either way all it takes is time and some effort. Give it a go!

My thoughts.
Thank you gents, I too am getting tired of some of the innuendo laden posts insinuating all sorts of malfeasance on the part of N3V and the new version of Trainz that has not even been publicly released yet.

The new generation arrived . R.I.P. Trainz .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vm_TKLZ0k

Did you even watch what you posted? This is a child's video game, not a simulator.

what else to expect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3jm_A096Ro

look at MSTS/ORTS with all it's accurately proportioned and phototextured rolling stock, something Trainz was lacking for so long

Is this meant to be some sort of diss on trainz that it doesn't look like that? :hehe:

Last edited:
Is this meant to be some sort of diss on trainz that it doesn't look like that? :hehe:

Yeah, what might of been good for MSTS 20 years go, don't even cut the mustard any more. Why use a photo for a skink when you can do it your self.

If trs2022 clears all major bugs, increases performance significantly, and gets rid of 20 year old low quality, build-in assets and replaces them with new pbr assets, I will consider getting this.

If trs2022 clears all major bugs, increases performance significantly, and gets rid of 20 year old low quality, build-in assets and replaces them with new pbr assets, I will consider getting this.

If you expect N3V to build up a completely new game, and create thousands of new assets, in the span of a few weeks (I would assume that’s when TRS22 is coming out, to celebrate the 20th anniversary), then that is far too big of a bite to chew. I hope you, and many other people, realize that it will still be a really good train simulator. Plus, nobody’s forcing you to buy it. If you want to stick with TRS19, or TANE, or earlier, go ahead. Nobody’s stopping you.

Then one has to ask why did you buy the TS2000, Android, T:ANE-Std and TRS19 versions of Trainz, all of which use "20 year old low quality, build-in assets"? Incidentally, the use of PBR textures has significant problems, not just in Trainz but in other games that use them as well. There are some posts in these forums on that matter.

The question of replacing the huge catalogue of older "lower quality" assets in Trainz with new high quality, PBR or non-PBR, assets is an old issue. How many Trainz creators are actively using PBR? How long would it take them to build up the number of their assets to the same level? I just did a rough CM filter search and found just over 300,000 assets on the DLS (and over 3000 built-in in my current version) that were not routes or sessions and with builds older than 4.0 (roughly when PBR came in)?

Last edited:
As soon as I find my magic wand, and hope it still works, I'll get right to upgrading all the DLS objects to modern standards. Meanwhile, feel free to start working on this task yourself. I'll join you soon(tm)

Back