N3V offering me free access to Trainz Plus Standard

robd

Following on from the thread title I have just received an email supposedly from N3V offering me free access to Trainz Plus Standard until March 1st 2024.

This offer is due to my supposed 'recent purchase' of TRS22 Platinum Edition but infact, I haven't bought TRS22PE, I don't have TRS22PE! I have the basic retail TRS22.

Has anyone else who hasn't bought TRS22PE recieved this email? Is it a legit N3V email or is it a scam I wonder?

Rob.

Last month N3V invited me to come back and try Trainz Plus Standard again for month so I could see what wonderous things they were doing. I didn't go for it though since I'm not interested in any of it. Unfortunately I don't have the email anymore as I deleted it.

Not long afterwards I was offered a loyalty discount of 50% off to buy TRS22 PE and I went for that because it was a bargain. I haven't downloaded it and installed it yet though. I'm going to leave it for a while.

I would send the info to the help desk (Support link at the top of this page). It could be a genuine offer but these days who can be certain?

At the very least they may have made an error (offering the Trainz Plus trial to a TRS22 user instead of a TRS22PE user) so they should be made aware of that.

I received an email from them too I have no idea how to get free access to Trainz Plus Standard until March 1st 2024.
I have the basic retail TRS22, Thinking of purchasing an upgrade to TRS22PE.

Did you verify the senders email address with a "mouse over" on the senders address?
I trust nothing I receive on the internet unless I see a legitimate senders address. Probably in a few months that will also be compromised. I have seen that most of my junk mail comes from university computer systems. So we now educate these weird people and they enter our business and legal world with their low morality.
Trust Is A Must and I have none when dealing with the Internet.

A footnote to this thread:

In the original email I received from N3V it stated 'reply to this email within 24 hrs of receipt if there are any questions'. I did so and explained that I didn't have TRS22 PE and to my surprise they replied with an apology and an offer of a free trial of TRS22 Trainz Plus standard, yes please! was my reply and N3V have signed me up to TRS22 Trainz Plus until the 19th March 2024 - thank you N3V! Whether I will continue with subscribing after the 19/03/24 remains to be decided, early days yet!

I think this is a very generous offer during this season of goodwill, once again, many thanks to N3V :)

To my surprise, when I installed TRS22 Plus, my standard install of TRS22 presents itself as TRS22 PE, not permanent, just for the duration of the trial.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for New Year 2024 to everybody!

Cheers 🍻🥂🍷🥃🥃🥃

Rob.

Kind of related to this thread but I have noticed a flurry of activity on the Trainz Discord channels following what I believe is a free access to T:ANE. This was proceeded a while back to a free access to TS09. Its a bit difficult keeping track of all the offers and especially because I have Plus Gold anyway.
I'm kind of guessing that the worthies at N3V are trying to get people interested in older, and free, versions of Trainz in order to encourage them to subscriptions to better versions. Somewhat lost on me since I subscribe to Plus simply because I support Trainz and want to keep N3V in business. 2023 has proven rather disastrous for Aussie software gaming companies.

Or maybe the heat here in Brisbane and the Gold Coast (for me) to getting to some.

On a warm and sultry South East Queensland Christmas Eve I wish all our friends in the northern hemisphere a Wonderful, Merry and Safe Christmas.

I don`t know if anyone is still Watching this slightly-old thread, but it fits well with a mystery I have. I thought I had purchased Trainz22, but somehow ended up with Trainz22PE, though I do not have Trainz Plus. I think that N3V has quietly decided to quietly upgrade Trainz22 owners to Trainz22PE for free. Just my opinion, but it fits the facts as I know them.

Launcher -> Developer -> Show Authorized DRM Resources
At the bottom of the list are the Trainz versions (TANE and later), which you are authorized to use.

Peter

When I do that, I get trs22, trs22-beta, and trs22platinum, along with a whole slew of what I presume are Packaged Content downloads, and a few items that don`t seem to fit in either category. I don`t know what you want me to do with this information; all it tells me is information that I already learned from my My Trainz pages on the website.

I don`t know if anyone is still Watching this slightly-old thread, but it fits well with a mystery I have. I thought I had purchased Trainz22, but somehow ended up with Trainz22PE, though I do not have Trainz Plus. I think that N3V has quietly decided to quietly upgrade Trainz22 owners to Trainz22PE for free. Just my opinion, but it fits the facts as I know them.

Did you purchase TRS22 via the Trainz Store or Steam?

I am thinking that you had purchased TRS22PE on sale, either on Trainz Store or Steam. Thinking that you were purchasing TRS22. Check out your emails and find your receipt. I would advise you keeping TRS22 PE, it is so much better than TRS22 'in my personal opinion'. Well, at least it was worth the upgrade!!

Direct.

You`re right: The confirmation email does say TrainzPE. Thank you for the suggestion. This clears up a few things for me. I probably chose the Platinum Edition deliberately, then forgot which I had chosen.

Back