Beta build 113886 is [on hold]

Tidewater Point Rail DLC route (same issue in Driver and Surveyor):

E8LR7.jpg

OvQow.jpg

I would really like to know the detailed technical backround of this issue. Since it is DLC route, it has to be tested by the development team (instead of embarrassing excuses) prior update release. Once again Trainzers are used as hostiles of the N3V. Testers free of charge, isn't it?

Maybe a bit strong, but I am sure you are right on the sentiment. You MUST assume that they test it but clearly not enough on this occasion. It would be an act of madness on their part to send it out without testing it first. If nothing else it clearly ends up giving them much more work.

I don't personally think that they are hostile with us but I agree that their communication skills are not very good and they do tend to give out information very poorly at times.

Keep smiling, my friend. Keep smiling !

Graham, Shefford, Bedfordshire, UK

113886 is not on the list of builds in the bug report - used other.

Getting the setting invalid texel setting warning in the log just by starting the launcher after clearing the logs, I'm sure whatever this, it's not helping!

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Tony, here is an example of what I mean as far as the water injector being bugged, it happens when using DCC, it does occur on every steam engine new and those that were released, the first shot shows the culprit in the left hand position and the second shot is right handed, when stopped, it is in the normal position.

I would really like to know the detailed technical backround of this issue. Since it is DLC route, it has to be tested by the development team (instead of embarrassing excuses) prior update release. Once again Trainzers are used as hostiles of the N3V. Testers free of charge, isn't it?

I can assure you, so would we!

The problem is that we're not seeing most of the issues being reported. And as yet, we're no closer to finding the reason things are different on some machines.
This is a shot in the same location as the shot from HPL.

We couldn't spot any track like in the other shot - HPL;
(i) Does this happen on every load?
(ii) Only this one section of track?
(iii) What is the KUID and status of the route?
(iv) Does it happen if you Edit Session?

We are looking at <kuid2:506034:100974:3> Tidewater Point Rail. No details reported as to which version is being shown above.

2021-08-16_110032.png

Last edited:
For anyone with crash bugs or track problems, we're going to need more information or a test case to reproduce these issues as we haven't seen any issues so far.

For clarity, without further assistance these bugs are likely to be in the next update as well.

I suggest you also run an Extended DB repair to see if that resolves your issues.

And last but not least, don't forget to include all the steps including which menu options you use, which KUIDs are involved etc.

(i) Does this happen on every load?
(ii) Only this one section of track?
(iii) What is the KUID and status of the route?
(iv) Does it happen if you Edit Session?

(i) Yes.
(ii) Yes.
(iii) <kuid2:506034:100974:3>. Status is: "Packaged, Payware".
(iv) Happens in Driver and the edited route; didn't try to edit the session.

You didn't ask but, yes, I performed an EDBR.

We are looking at <kuid2:506034:100974:3> Tidewater Point Rail. No details reported as to which version is being shown above.

As I mentioned it concerns the DLC route, so what other KUID could it be?

I have abandoned this Build, in 113642 everything is back to normal (this route and the buggy locomotive).

(iv) Happens in Driver and the edited route; didn't try to edit the session.

Did you edit the route on an earlier build? Then that would confirm my suspicion that this build does not recognize edits done in earlier builds.

Its the same error with that came with the update from SP2 to SP3.

That track used in the Tidewater is a bit "heavy on resources" and tends to redraw really, really slowly as time goes on. On my own routes where I used it in the past, I have substituted for that reason. This is why the track may load up fine on Tony's machine, but may not load up well on yours, HPL. This explains why the switch is intact, but the track is missing from it. If the track was truly missing, as in deleted completed, the switch junction would be squirrelly and the junction lever would have a single red arrow instead of both the green and red arrows.

I sent one of my routes to QA after they requested it. This was about 4 days ago. No acknowledgement yet from them on receiving the route. I have emailed them again asking them if they have received the download link but have not heard back.

For me this route contains all the things that are not working; track disappearing, central portal control not working, consists without driver assignments, among other things. Their questions and responses to me are not meaningful. They say in their tests they don't see any of this issues. The problem is testing an issue in a simple context will not indicate the problem.

Another example is the route UMR2012 available on the DLS. It works fine in build 113642 but in build 113886 one consist under AI control no longer works when it gets hung up on an instant load command.

In CM none of the assets shows any errors. Running both a simple and extended data base repairs does not fix the problems.

The frustrating part of all this is that they all worked fine in beta build 113642.

Just as an experiment, download a fresh copy of the app and fresh downloads of these two routes and see what happens. (Do this in separate location and keeping your original install.)

I sent one of my routes to QA after they requested it. This was about 4 days ago. No acknowledgement yet from them on receiving the route. I have emailed them again asking them if they have received the download link but have not heard back.

For me this route contains all the things that are not working; track disappearing, central portal control not working, consists without driver assignments, among other things. Their questions and responses to me are not meaningful. They say in their tests they don't see any of this issues. The problem is testing an issue in a simple context will not indicate the problem.

Another example is the route UMR2012 available on the DLS. It works fine in build 113642 but in build 113886 one consist under AI control no longer works when it gets hung up on an instant load command.

In CM none of the assets shows any errors. Running both a simple and extended data base repairs does not fix the problems.

The frustrating part of all this is that they all worked fine in beta build 113642.

I've had similar results when sending in routes as well. When I did get an answer back, I was informed that it was my data that was an issue! More recently, I have found that if I empty the cached scripts library, the routes and sessions load up more smoothly because the older scripts have been replaced by any new ones with the update.

In this beta, I also saw drivers this time get stuck at stations. Giving them a poke woke them up and they continued on. This is similar to an issue before where the threads have gotten stuck and the drivers "forgot" their tasks and sat at signals, or sometimes blew past them because there was a big disconnect between the drivers and their surroundings. What's interesting is many of these bugs dated back a few versions as if the wrong version was pulled from the shelf for updating and the step backwards was just that!

Build 113642 was the best even with the little bugs and N3V should go back to that one, fix the little things and release it. The build not only worked quite well, but the track issues and performance issues were gone and everything just worked smoothly.

Did you edit the route on an earlier build?

I certainly did at one time or another like every route I have installed! But this one is the only one with such an issue. Note that I also have sessions and/or saved games not working at all (game not responding or instant CTD) like others have reported in this thread.

That track used in the Tidewater is a bit "heavy on resources" and tends to redraw really, really slowly as time goes on. On my own routes where I used it in the past, I have substituted for that reason. This is why the track may load up fine on Tony's machine, but may not load up well on yours, HPL. This explains why the switch is intact, but the track is missing from it. If the track was truly missing, as in deleted completed, the switch junction would be squirrelly and the junction lever would have a single red arrow instead of both the green and red arrows.

Yes, but how to explain that this issue only occurs in this particular Build? Never had track glitches in Tidewater Point Rail route before!

This error is caused by doing Edits in Session Layer... This error comes even up in routes I created in 113886.

Here is an Example

I created a simple loop, this is a new route so no session layer has been created yet.

001.jpg

I go into Quick drive, everything still looks fine. I Exit the route go back to the main Menu.

I then load the route again and do an Edit in session layer

002.jpg

I fire up Quick Drive and and everything still looks fine:

003.jpg

However when I exit Quick drive a section is Removed :

004.jpg

I can rebuilt the section as many times as I want, it gets removed every time I exit Driver and go back to Surveyor.

Edit: The same goes for the run around command, if merged into the route layer its fine, but in the session layer its broken.

HOWEVER: When I merge the Edited Session Layer with the Route Layer the section isn't removed.

Last edited:
Back