Trainz Plus Beta PC & Mac - 123059 & 123077 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3v_laurence

Thanks to everyone who have been running the Beta and providing feedback. We have several improvements focusing on MPS, Clutter 2.0 improvements and a fix for the DirectX swapchain error.

To test out Trainz Living Railroad (TLR), follow these steps:
  • Select a session which meets the requirements for Living Railroad.
  • As an example, built-in session <kuid:661281:110095> 03 Dispatchin' the Action - can be used
  • From the Windows Menu click on Select Session Options
  • Click on “Living Railroad Dispatch” and select "Enabled"
  • Close the Session Option Window
  • Open the Driver List (the icon is found bottom left of the screen)
  • The currently selected Driver will be highlighted grey
  • To enable a Driver to be used by TLR Dispatch, click on the dropdown list and assign to Automatic Scheduler
Further information about Trainz Living Railroad can be found here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/trainz-living-railroad

Change Log 122912 to 123059:
  • Several MPS Improvements
    • Optimising of Ground Edits
    • Improved Tile Streaming
    • CTD Fix for duplicate URL connection
    • Private Message Fix
    • Mac: Fine Adjustment Tool edits no longer cause desync
  • Improved handling of ground corruption
  • Clutter 2 (WIP) - Clutter 2 no longer ignores ground height
  • Environment Color settings Fix

Key Features:
  • Trainz Living Railroad is enabled
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac
  • Clutter 2.0

Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Performance is currently not optimised. Trainz will perform at lower than expected frame rate with clutter enabled
  • Content Packages - mulitplayersurveyor missing
  • MPS support is currently limited for this build
  • DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update.
REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC & Mac Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 122912 (PC). This is a small patch 35 MiB for build 123059

Mac: Requires Trainz Plus 122909 (Mac). This is a small patch 61 MiB for build 123077

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed quickly. Did a manual DBR. Long initial start up time, as explained.

The freeze issue when window is resized has now gone.

There is an initial DBR after updating, but there is no progress window visible.
DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update.
At the splash screen use "Developer -> Show Logs" to watch the DBR actions. The initial DBR at my installation took 140 seconds.

Peter

@n3v_laurence - Quick observation before I download and install this patch:
You stated above that there are 'several MPS improvements', yet below that list of coding changes, you still include the statement that
  • MPS support is currently limited for this build - in the Known Issues: list.
Is that correct?
I recall abortively trying to join the recent online MPS sessions with beta Build 122912 and was unsuccessful because that build did NOT support MPS. I had to join (belatedly) with the non-beta build 122411.
Will we be able to assess these MPS changes online with this build?
Have any changes been made to the TLR code/ operations?

@n3v_laurence - Quick observation before I download and install this patch:
You stated above that there are 'several MPS improvements', yet below that list of coding changes, you still include the statement that
  • MPS support is currently limited for this build - in the Known Issues: list.
Is that correct?
I recall abortively trying to join the recent online MPS sessions with beta Build 122912 and was unsuccessful because that build did NOT support MPS. I had to join (belatedly) with the non-beta build 122411.
Will we be able to assess these MPS changes online with this build?
Have any changes been made to the TLR code/ operations?
It's limited as we may update the MPS Beta server between now and the next Beta build.

Currently, MPS Beta supports Trainz Plus Beta PC 123059. I believe the Mac is a newer build so it isn't supported unfortunately. I am unsure when the MPS Beta will next be updated, and if it is updated, you will need a new (updated) client. It could be as early as Monday or could be next week. In short, you should be able to try it this weekend, but beyond that there are no promises.

Thanks! I was able to join the beta MPS routes on the server soon after I patched to 123059, though I was unable to discern any changes made so far.
Shader compiling does indeed take quite a while initially in both local and remote routes/ sessions in this build.
My initial DBR took only 24 seconds following a very quick patching process - whilst rendering the main menu took seemingly ages!
My own routes and sessions take a while to load, but are all functioning properly thereafter.

Patch took seconds after the quick download and the DBR completely quickly without anything out of the ordinary. I'll test later when I have time.

Is SuperElevation bugged? I cannot get it to work in S20 no matter what I do. (I have version 122418)

It says use 0 for none, 1.0 for a degree for every curvature (whatever that means) I assume it means from spline point to spline point on a curve?
I even set it to 90 degrees, nothing, created a loop, and set them all to that value, still flat.

also, why can't we just use the axis sphere to just twist the track in a rotation to create the elevation that way as well? every time I use the axis sphere (green curve, one would assume it would twist along the X axis, but it just raises and lowers it along Z axis

S20 has alot of improvements but it also made the interface alot more confusing. I like the added ability to make grades automatically that's for sure.

Is there a way to snap track next to each other so I can make 2-3 or 4 tracks parallel to each other even on curves?

(I new to T22PE just got it today)

123059 Infinite loop while saving the Map changes, Maps never finish saving.
Envioromental Color settings are not working correctly.
Everything is pure Green Color when trying to set the Colors.
Will not save the settings.

Last edited:
I've errors on enhanced interlocking towers. a simple test root with one entry signal, a switch and two ending signals, one invisible tower and two paths
In edit mode session i see "...not initialized" - in driver mode all path commands hang and if i select run time monitor- enhanced towers it says no towers

Last edited:
123059 Infinite loop while saving the Map changes, Maps never finish saving.
Envioromental Color settings are not working correctly.
Everything is pure Green Color when trying to set the Colors.
Will not save the settings.
Please try the latest update. The color issue should now be fixed.

I've errors on enhanced interlocking towers. a simple test root with one entry signal, a switch and two ending signals, one invisible tower and two paths
In edit mode session i see "...not initialized" - in driver mode all path commands hang and if i select run time monitor- enhanced towers it says no towers
Could you please submit a bug report including the KUID of the interlocking towers used in your test.

Thank you for all your feedback, as we have a new Trainz Plus Beta available, this thread is now locked.

Please post comments on the new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back