Trainz Plus Beta PC & Mac - 122909 & 122912 (TLR Beta Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3v_laurence

Thanks to all the testers and submitted feedback. We have a few minor fixes in this week's release, please note Clutter 2.0 is WIP and as such, currently not optimised. Should drop in performance be too significant, we suggest turning of detailed scenery to try out TLR in the current phase.

To test out Trainz Living Railroad (TLR), follow these steps:
  • Select a session which meets the requirements for Living Railroad.
  • As an example, built-in session <kuid:661281:110095> 03 Dispatchin' the Action - can be used
  • From the Windows Menu click on Select Session Options
  • Click on “Living Railroad Dispatch” and select "Enabled"
  • Close the Session Option Window
  • Open the Driver List (the icon is found bottom left of the screen)
  • The currently selected Driver will be highlighted grey
  • To enable a Driver to be used by TLR Dispatch, click on the dropdown list and assign to Automatic Scheduler
Further information about Trainz Living Railroad can be found here: https://docs.trainzsimulator.com/docs/trainz-living-railroad

Change Log 122861 to 122912:
  • Fix - MPS Bulk paint with 17th texture
  • Fix - FBX imports now generate texutre.txt
  • Fix - UI: Activity logs for Industries (Windows)
  • Fix - UI: Tile counter correctly updates during route upload
  • Fix - Copy and Paste rotation alignment
  • Clutter 2 (WIP) - Density and Scaling options with Clutter Effect Layers

Key Features:
  • Trainz Living Railroad is enabled
  • GPU Clutter enabled for Mac
  • Clutter 2.0

Known issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Performance is currently not optimised. Trainz will perform at lower than expected frame rate with clutter enabled
  • Content Packages - mulitplayersurveyor missing
  • MPS support is currently limited for this build
  • Some AMD GPUs may encounter minor flickering shadows
  • Some Nvidia GPUs may encounter RenderServerManagerDirectX11::CreateSwapChain Assertion Error if Trainz window is resized which will result in Trainz freezing.
    • ** If encounter this error please submit a bug report listing your system hardware**
  • DBR Window is not displayed immediately after update.
REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
PC & Mac Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 122861 (PC). This is a small patch 35 MiB for build 122912

Mac: Requires Trainz Plus 122865 (Mac). This is a small patch 43 MiB for build 122909

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Download and install completed quickly with no problems. Usual pre-caching and compiling of shaders delays on first start up.

Encountered RenderServerManagerDirectX11::CreateSwapChain Assertion Error when Trainz window was resized which resulted in Trainz freezing. Bug report submitted.

Last edited:
Easy update. Once done, a slow start. Thought the route selection WIndow was stuck after resizing it from full screen to windowed and was opening Task Manager to close it when it woke up. Opened "Dispatchin' the Action" and after assigning every driver to the Automatic Scheduler, sat back to watch them going about their work.
So far so good. A good way to have an animated background!
Meanwhile with all drivers controlled by the automatic scheduler, my CPU averages 80C while the GPU a nice cool 63C

Last edited:
Hi all,

Updated to 122912 and having some major issues (had them in the previous version as well.);

-When laying down textures, nothing appears. Requires going in and out of 'F9' mode in order to get the textures to appear.
-When attempting to save changes to a route, Trainz is stuck in a perpetual loading screen (Currently on 30x mintues.)
-When attempting to exit out of Trainz altogether, Trainz is stuck in a perpetual loading screen (Max I tested was 15 minutes on this.)
-I have no indication of the status of the patch as it processes. I can see that Patch.exe is running, however there is no info window visible on my PC or Tray.

This is on a fresh boot of the PC after applying the patch.

Instant download and patch installation. Just on one minute to precache all installed assets using 'prebuild'.
Initial DBR indicated only by assertion dialog popup during progress. (Ran another anyway following habitual precaching exercise - which did appear on screen).
Keen to explore Clutter 2 (WIP).
Took me a while to recall how to apply clutter layers again as I haven't created any recently.
Suggest post a link to some of your excellent "how to..." videos on the creation of TurfFx and Clutter Layers. (I'm sure I have that bookmarked somewhere on this PC...)
Refreshed tutorials for Clutter 2 would be welcome too when we've refined it following the beta testing process.
Clutter 1 Wiki
TurfFx Layers Wiki
Thanks and cheers!

Updated to 122912 and having some major issues (had them in the previous version as well.);
I have just installed the patch on 3 different computers and none of the installs displayed any of the issues you listed. If this is a persistent problem on your system, and it seems that it is, then the problem may be elsewhere.

I have just installed the patch on 3 different computers and none of the installs displayed any of the issues you listed. If this is a persistent problem on your system, and it seems that it is, then the problem may be elsewhere.
Was my thought as well, however I only started to encounter this after the most recent 2x patches. Patches prior to that had none of these symptoms.

FWIW, I'm on a 4090, with a i7-12700K and 64GB of RAM, and my usage rarely is peaking 20% globally so it's not a hardware issue.

The "usual culprit" in these cases is a system driver update (or the lack of an update).

Opened "Dispatchin' the Action" and after assigning every driver to the Automatic Scheduler, sat back to watch them going about their work.
So far so good. A good way to have an animated background!
My attempt at using the TLR with the new patch is going much better than with the previous patch. More drivers are now on the move in "Dispatchin' the Action" and, for the first time in my current project, which was never designed with TLR in mind, a few drivers are now on the move. Some drivers are still ignoring standard railroad rules by driving their consists in reverse down the mainline but, never-the-less, impressive.

TY Laurence, installed and tested (movies and screenies on Discord)

Performance:
-The mainmenu takes too long to load make it lighter please
-the last 2 builds I have serious slow loading of splines and trains, when you switch to another train
on larger routes (over 1000 baseboards)
-the first time loading KS2, my computer hangs had to use task manager to stop the process
-changing 1 baseboard of a route to HD, takes way too long before the ground textures appear

Suggestions for TLR improvement:
-Add "runaround" to the list of TLR drivercommands, so trains will less drive long stretches backwards
-Make the AI prohibit trains(specially locos) under TLR stopping ON junctions
-KS2 session 03 add "Change direction" to the list of standard driver commands
this way a user can switch to manual, help a train, then switch to Automatic again
-Make a KS2 session, with all TLR ON on the proper trains, so it just starts right away
-A train having the focus under TLR control does not show its speed or max speed
-Give each industry property window a simple switch if they are part of TLR or not
-Interfaces ! pa lease !

besides TLR, will there be more realistic, commodities handling?
good luck developing, greetings GM

After letting the Drivers have fun in "Dispatchin' the Action" I created a new route and started to play with ground textures , water and clutter effects and elevation changes. Nothing bad to report, behaviour seems nominal. Then I added a single loop of track and sent my Jetsled racing around at over 1000 kp, no issues. Testing continues.

The Bulk Update Replace utility appears to work now. I still got the same freeze as before but while scrolling around.

The screen freezes completely and when checking the details in Task Manager and Wait Chain, I got the same message as before. One or more threads of TRS22.exe are waiting to finish network I/O.

I reported the bug.

I have a problem with faulty assets in build 122912. In build 122411 none of the assets show as faulty. I have made a copy of my local data folder which I use for build 122411 and use this for the local data folder in build 122912.

I show a number of faulty assets now in build 122912. When I "View errors and warnings" for these assets they show "0 errors and 0 warnings" in the message box. If I delete these assets and redownload them they still appear as faulty. Any ideas of what may be the problem?

Check the dependencies of the assets. I had the DL-something engine, used in many, many locomotives cause that issue and found it by checking dependencies of dependencies. Once I redownloaded the DL-something engine, that cleared up the other not faulty but faulty assets. (Something because I can no longer remember what that suffix was on the dependency).

Build 122912
Force restarted my PC again, and the Trainz interface was running executed 3 times in the Task Manager.
I do not know why when I completely closed Trainz it did not end in the Task Manager for some wierd reason.
I deleted my post on the last sutter issues as it was an issue of Trainz running to many time in the backround, LOL!
It is now running a very smooth FPS in all Maps

Kind Regards!
Cheers.

Last edited:
Build 122912.
My problem is flickering water in HD
I "dug out" my coastline - 2 baseboards, up to 200mtrs wide.
I haven't finished the scenery around the "new" water yet.
I raied it to 0m and it's sitting about 2-3m above the bottom and constantly flickers in surveyor and Driver modes.
Rather bright - strobe light like.

Haven't noticed this reported, so any help will be appreciated - particularly if is there something I've done wrong.

Loving S20 and HD.
Cheers
NickE

I have flickering Pine Evergreen Trees at mid distances.
Tree Flickering started in Build 122734, Build 122411 is good no Tree Flickering and much smoother FPS.
Very annoying to see this kind of Graphics.
Kind Regards.

Last edited:
Check the dependencies of the assets. I had the DL-something engine, used in many, many locomotives cause that issue and found it by checking dependencies of dependencies. Once I redownloaded the DL-something engine, that cleared up the other not faulty but faulty assets. (Something because I can no longer remember what that suffix was on the dependency).
To fix the issue I had to delete about 150 assets which were from the DS and then re-download them. Not sure what caused the problem, but at least I now have no faulty assets in build 122912.

What is the difference/ advantage of clutter 2 over the original clutter. I see that several new options are available, but not sure what they do and how they improve the original clutter.

I haven't yet used Clutter 2 but I seem to recall from earlier posts that a major change has been its implementation is now in the GPU rather than in the CPU. I also gather that it now operates much better on Macs than previously. But I could be wrong on both counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back