Missing Dependencies

boleyd

Missing dependencies - Several missing dependencies appeared on a route that was clean yesterday. Four YARN items which are intersections. Normally I would do a bulk replace and consider it "progress" which is dubious. However, when someone completely removes an asset the program has no way of referencing it. Now I have to manually go through the whole route and replace each asset individually - unless there is a process....??

This is not limited to routes I "mess with". The Built-IN C&O Hinton, as well as several other built-in routes now have Missing Dependencies. Same YARN items in all cases!

Missing dependencies - Several missing dependencies appeared on a route that was clean yesterday. Four YARN items which are intersections. Normally I would do a bulk replace and consider it "progress" which is dubious. However, when someone completely removes an asset the program has no way of referencing it. Now I have to manually go through the whole route and replace each asset individually - unless there is a process....??

This is not limited to routes I "mess with". The Built-IN C&O Hinton, as well as several other built-in routes now have Missing Dependencies. Same YARN items in all cases!

The YARN assets and their relations have had some issues lately, which caused a bunch to go faulty. This has been an issue since T:ANE, but some increased validation now in TRS19 has made the issue worse, and
has to do with redundant invisible spline attachment points on the MO-Crossings, aka intersections. This has caused numerous issues for all of us and more recently if we attempt to rectify the error mentioned in the error message because it totally breaks the intersections by removing the spline attachment point for the roads.

I wonder if your routes are suffering from that same issue.

The good news is Dave Snow, yes that absolutely wonderful and famous Dave Snow, has made some intersections which work. I took one of his working models and cloned it then replaced the textures with the original YARN road textures. It works perfectly for my needs. This I know doesn't fix the built-in routes, but at least it fixed my own.

Back