Frustrating - dependencies at "Unknown location"

philskene

I clear out all the assets that are not built-in to give me a clean copy of TRS22.

I construct a layout, using only assets that are either built-in or from the Download Station. I save the layout as a cdp file to my HDD.

To check that the layout uses only built-in and DLS dependencies I once again delete all the not-built-in assets to go back to a clean installation, and drag and drop the layout cpd file into Content Manager.

I right click on the cdp file, select Download and let Content Manager download all the needed dependencies from the DLS.

When downloading is finished I see that the layout has missing dependencies ( !?! ) so I right click on the layout and select "List Dependencies". In the new screen 8 items are listed as "Unknown location" - despite the layout using only built-in and DLS dependencies.

Where is this "Unknown location"? Why does Content Manager know that they exist but I'm not able to access them?
_____

OK, there is a work around:
Content Manager / select route / right click / List Dependencies
New screen / Sort by Status
Unknown location/ select all / right click / List Asset Versions
Select all shown as Available for Download / right click / Download this Version
Repeat if necessary​
_____

Very frustrating. There will be beginners to Trainz that will download routes from the DLS and find that routes that claim to have only built-in and DLS dependencies (like mine) are faulty.

How many other routes are affected by this?

Yes, the same happens in TRS19.

Phil

Last edited:
Not quite the same, but I’ve just downloaded the Rogers Pass route/sessions from the content store and it ended with a message about missing content from a sc*** file.
it does appear unfriendly when a content store route has problems with dependencies…

Yes I find that annoying too in TS22., Also noticed that the original will have 1 kuid number and then another version showing a different kuid number and they dont auto config to the asset version list, instead unknown location...

Last edited:
Yes I find that annoying too in TS22., Also noticed that the original will have 1 kuid number and then another version showing a different kuid number and they dont auto config to the asset version list, instead unknown location...

This is a bug I reported way back in the late T:ANE beta testing days. It has something to do with Content Manager not recognizing a higher version of an asset because the lower version is installed. The issue is made worse when the lower versioned asset is DLC and can't be "updated" locally by manipulating the KUID to match the unknown asset. I know this method doesn't help Phil with his route but that's my local workaround for the very annoying bug.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and possible solutions. I will try the fresh install to see if that helps with my particular situation.

Sounds like I am not alone though.

Thanks
Walter

Whoops. Wrong forum post.

Last edited:
Back