All this Southern Pacific Steam Power!

MrTrain's extremely outdated one
trainz_daylight__aka_4449_by_jaws12413.jpg
While we’re on the subject of this outdated GS-4, you know that American Freedom Train from the DLS of the VERY SAME MODEL? Well we can kiss that one goodbye too. Along with its DLS coaches, because a much newer version of the AFT engine can be found here: https://daylighttrainz.wixsite.com/jprc-repaints/locomotives
Combine that with the rolling stock from the American Freedom Train pack from K&L Trainz, and you have a thing of beauty on your hands.

While we’re on the subject of this outdated GS-4, you know that American Freedom Train from the DLS of the VERY SAME MODEL? Well we can kiss that one goodbye too. Along with its DLS coaches, because a much newer version of the AFT engine can be found here: https://daylighttrainz.wixsite.com/jprc-repaints/locomotives
Combine that with the rolling stock from the American Freedom Train pack from K&L Trainz, and you have a thing of beauty on your hands.

Huh. I am not seeing anything American freedom train related on there. But there is some interesting projects on there.

Edit:Oh. It's in the project section. But the Southern no.1401 in the background for the projects section looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
Huh. I am not seeing anything American freedom train related on there. But there is some interesting projects on there.

Edit:Oh. It's in the project section. But the Southern no.1401 in the background for the projects section looks pretty nice.

He took it off of the site due to the fact that Lilb never gave him permission, plus the one mentioned there is the 1947 one, not Ross Rowland's Freedom Train

Okay then,looks like we have to stick to the old American Freedom Train SP 4449 then. And the other American Freedom Train project on there is not the SP 4449 was in to.

I have the 4449 and tender, but is there rolling stock to go with it? I have no passenger cars or anything...
I also have the SP Daylight, but the passenger cars I have for it almost glow in the dark they are so over-bright. Is there better stock for that as well?

Last edited:
I have the 4449 and tender, but is there rolling stock to go with it? I have no passenger cars or anything...
I also have the SP Daylight, but the passenger cars I have for it almost glow in the dark they are so over-bright. Is there better stock for that as well?

The K&L Trainz Reading T-1 comes with a version of 2101 in her AFT paint, and also has an AFT passenger set

He took it off of the site due to the fact that Lilb never gave him permission, plus the one mentioned there is the 1947 one, not Ross Rowland's Freedom Train

I guess that makes me lucky that I downloaded the AFT from there (and the BNSF #4449 as well) when I did.

I'm gonna share my screenshots of the AFT.

A great comparison between the new AFT, and the obsolete DLS version.

Unlike the DLS version, I can get this new version up to 100mph, thanks to the engine.

Last edited:
Have to say, that GS-4 looks ever closer to the real thing and

WOW! I didn't think you'd make 4449's auxiliary tender! There's hardly been an accurate model of 4449's second tender and, as such, had to use 2 GS-4 tenders instead to compensate.

But what happened to the numberboard?

I hope his permission to release these models gets approved. Nobody has ever released the auxiliary tender in Trainz before. And the whole project is the most amazing that ANY Daylight train model has ever been; engine, coaches, and all.
How long does it usually take to find out whether or not the permission gets approved?

I hope his permission to release these models gets approved. Nobody has ever released the auxiliary tender in Trainz before. And the whole project is the most amazing that ANY Daylight train model has ever been; engine, coaches, and all.
How long does it usually take to find out whether or not the permission gets approved?

Since Lilb has been gone for god knows how long, probably a while

Since Lilb has been gone for god knows how long, probably a while
Daylight's been reaching out to UP for permission to unleash his content on the Backshops for the last month now, but since we haven't seen it there yet, I'm going to assume they haven't gotten back to him on it. (not trying to be picky here, just stating a possibility, it's good to explore any possibility you can ;))

Daylight's been reaching out to UP for permission to unleash his content on the Backshops for the last month now, but since we haven't seen it there yet, I'm going to assume they haven't gotten back to him on it. (not trying to be picky here, just stating a possibility, it's good to explore any possibility you can ;))

Well Union Pacific is the 2nd Largest railroad company behind BNSF, so they probably haven't checked since they are busy with their railroad

I read a comment on the Backshop’s Facebook page that Daylight is no longer affiliated with The Backshop, so even if he does get permission from UP to release that Daylight train pack project, it won’t be released there. Those Facebook comments also said that he may have quit Trainz, but they don’t know exactly where he went/moved. If it turns out the project is cancelled, called off, I don’t know about you all, but I would be bummed.

I read a comment on the Backshop’s Facebook page that Daylight is no longer affiliated with The Backshop, so even if he does get permission from UP to release that Daylight train pack project, it won’t be released there. Those Facebook comments also said that he may have quit Trainz, but they don’t know exactly where he went/moved. If it turns out the project is cancelled, called off, I don’t know about you all, but I would be bummed.
Oh, okay.

*few moments later*

Wait, WHAT!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Oh, okay.

*few moments later*

Wait, WHAT!?!?!?!?

Yeah. I tried giving you the link to that Facebook conversation, but when I tried clicking on it, or highlighting it to open in a new tab, it wasn’t working. I don’t know why it wasn’t working, but I would show you that conversation if I could. I just hope thing DO work out successfully for Daylight to be given the green light to release the pack.

Last edited:
Yeah. Just click on the following link, read the replies in that Facebook conversation, and you’ll see.
https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=434380320389558_434724010355189&ft_ent_identifier=434380320389558&gfid=AQA2rNsM4KAP6B55&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&notif_id=1534203947400172&ref=m_notif
Great, so the Backshops gains a member and loses a member. Story of my life...

Well, truthfully, I viewed it earlier by going to the Backshops' main page then clicking the Facebook link from there. Didn't take long to find the comment either.

Back