15th Anniversary Discount

Just downloaded the free version of trainz1.1. The result was an installer file that cannot be opened. Help anyone?.

Just downloaded the free version of trainz1.1. The result was an installer file that cannot be opened. Help anyone?.

I downloaded from my MyTrainz page and got a zip file that included the installer. It worked fine in Win 10.

Maybe it got corrupted so you could try another download.

Clicked on the download link and get the following:-
"Do you want to open or save Trainz1.1-installer [ 1 ] (488MB) from S3.amazonaws.com"
Downloaded file, still no luck. Les.

I was trying to test stuff for the CRG in TS06 until we discovered that the TB minimum (3.5) applied to the CRG as well - long story!. TS06 was very flakey for me in Win10 and constantly crashed although another member had no problems. Perhaps it was some of the other weird (programming) stuff I have installed. TS04 works ok. TC1, 2 and 3 remain on the shelf.

TS10 is OK (installed) but TS12 and TANE are the only versions I use every day. Actually, I'd like to drop TS12 but I need it for CRG purposes.

I have a 2TB HDD that that hosts all my Trainz stuff including development. Bags of space left over and, yes, it all gets backed up to my (local) cloud. :)

I'm curious.

if its not too personal, what cloud do you use?

This is my first copy of Trainz:
tV718w4h.jpg

And this is it with the rest:
irkDnhgl.jpg

I tell you what, I got a little bit of a shock yesterday when I saw the little grey humanoids run onto the screen and bow to the Auran jet logo.
I had forgotten that. And the sound file, with all that brake screeching.

"Do you want to open or save Trainz1.1-installer [ 1 ] (488MB) from S3.amazonaws.com"

I straight out downloaded it and installed it on Windows 7 ... I have to say that I right clicked, and selected "Install as Administrator" ...
I was somewhat concerned it would not clean install on a 64bit system ... but it did, just as Bill Gates says, "out of the box".

Maybe you could try that ...

(You have not mentioned your OS.)

and maybe, if that does not fly for you, right click the exe file and select a compatibility option, such as Windows 98, or Windows XP.

I'm curious.

if its not too personal, what cloud do you use?

It's a cloud set up on my network drive. The software comes with WD and Seagate products. It means you can download from your own cloud from anywhere even while travelling through Europe using an iPad. Mostly its set up for media sharing.

Sorry, it wasn't a zip file but an exe. Installed without any problems on Win10 Pro.

If you haven't already try adding .exe to the end of the filename.

Shane

To completely round-out our Trainz collections, is there any chance of re-releasing the original Community Edition for those who missed the first year of Trainz?

Now I've finally got both Trainz 1.1 and UTC to load and run, I have a query.
Can GMax be accessed. According to the files unpacked and installed, GMax is one of them.

Found I already had the installer seperately.

Last edited:
To completely round-out our Trainz collections, is there any chance of re-releasing the original Community Edition for those who missed the first year of Trainz?
We decided that 1.1 was so much better and gives the same Trainz icon so the short answer - sorry, no.
I am sure some kind soul will PM you with a secret deal to share their version with you.​

Now I've finally got both Trainz 1.1 and UTC to load and run
What was the issue and how did you resolve it?

GMax is unsupported (and has been for almost 15 years) - use at your own risk.

Is there any way to gain the TMR2017 bonus by purchasing it through Steam? As a Steam user I'd like to support you guys but since I have DLC from there I need to stay consistent...

What was the issue and how did you resolve it?

The screen resolution was set too high for both versions using OpenGL. TRS2006 in the blurb actually recommends 7024x768 which is what I will be trying first. I realise GMax is obsolete and have only tinkered with it so far over the years.

TRS2006 runs at 1920x1080 full screen.

Last edited:

Even though I'm a dyed in the wool Gmax user, I will say that if I was starting today, I would also be using something newer. Gmax may be old, but so am I. For the things I make, it still works just fine and since I'm used to he GUI, the creative process is not impeded by looking for the next command.

Warning that is Gmax 1.1 not 1.2 and the patch is probable not available, the material menu was completely re-made.

BTW What is or was TRS2007?

It was TRS2006 under a new name by the distributer.

Back